JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Put your arm at your side, now make a gun with your hand(index finger pointing out and thumb up) Now quickly raise your arm and point at something, that is your natural point. Now you can adjust the point by bending your wrist but why do it if you don"t have to.

I made a "gun" with a jig and a router a few times. Does that count? :p

40107.jpg
Love it. 1.jpg
Hate it.

Get it?

I've successfully "shot my gun" with plenty of different grip angles.

No, I didn't make this thread for that joke, it just came to me. I swear! :p

@Kruel J grip angle doesnt make me shoot better or worse. adapt and overcome, brother.

plus im such an excellent shot anyway

:rolleyes: ...i once shot a light switch with my kids nerf gun to turn on the dining room light from across the room...grip angle on that thing didnt make a difference at all....you saw the video :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

@Kruel J grip angle doesnt make me shoot better or worse. adapt and overcome, brother.

plus im such an excellent shot anyway

:rolleyes: ...i once shot a light switch with my kids nerf gun to turn on the dining room light from across the room...grip angle on that thing didnt make a difference at all....you saw the video :D

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeahbut, that just doesn't make sense. :p

The small angle difference between them all doesn't slow me down.
they are stupid reliable and I can hit what I aim at

Appreciate your comments.
For me, despite literally decades of forced Glock use & training, I came to agree they are 'stupid reliable'. I also came to appreciate the difference between 'combat accuracy' and 'target accuracy'. 'Slow' is not my issue'-- 'hitting the target' is my issue.

The problem in not the Glock, it is my own fossilized adaptability to the mechanism. I can not get a 'POA' and 'POI' to align. I can not get a 'group' but a random spattering of rat turds in a dresser drawer, on any target. I can NOT actually HIT the X-Bullseye with any/all of them marvelous cartridges of any caliber.

One of the issues is that very 'grip angle'. Another is the actual lightness of the beast; I detect no balance point to help me establish muzzle weight to reinforce alignment of the sights/target/trigger. And the safety blade/trigger I've never adapted to either.

Various plastic striker pistols work pretty well for me, such as the Sig P320, the P365, even the CZ10, although the trigger hangy down gives me troubles. :eek:

Appreciate your comments.
For me, despite literally decades of forced Glock use & training, I came to agree they are 'stupid reliable'. I also came to appreciate the difference between 'combat accuracy' and 'target accuracy'. 'Slow' is not my issue'-- 'hitting the target' is my issue.

The problem in not the Glock, it is my own fossilized adaptability to the mechanism. I can not get a 'POA' and 'POI' to align. I can not get a 'group' but a random spattering of rat turds in a dresser drawer, on any target. I can NOT actually HIT the X-Bullseye with any/all of them marvelous cartridges of any caliber.

One of the issues is that very 'grip angle'. Another is the actual lightness of the beast; I detect no balance point to help me establish muzzle weight to reinforce alignment of the sights/target/trigger. And the safety blade/trigger I've never adapted to either.

Various plastic striker pistols work pretty well for me, such as the Sig P320, the P365, even the CZ10, although the trigger hangy down gives me troubles. :eek:

I appreciate your comments as well.

I truly love our shooting community, online and off. I've met so many amazing people over the decades; this is a blessing. (Only paralleled by, teehee, another type of wild community, unrelated to the "pews". I'll leave it at that.)

But sometimes I think a great many things are overthought. Grip angles may fall within said. :s0112:

I truly love our shooting community, online and off. I've met so many amazing people over the decades; this is a blessing. (Only paralleled by, teehee, another type of wild community, unrelated to the "pews". I'll leave it at that.)

But sometimes I think a great many things are overthought. Grip angles may fall within said. :s0112:

That's as clear as mud, brother. :D

Like others, my natural point of aim with a Glock grip is way high and not comfortable to point "down" that much. It's also what I don't like about my Ruger MkII but with the heavy barrel hanging out front, it is easier. I actually prefer my wife's Mk IV, Lite with a 1911 grip angle. I have nothing against Glocks and more power to anyone who likes them. I have the same issue with a Colt Woodsman, love to shoot the fine piece of vintage steel, but grip is not ideal. M&P's and 1911's are comfy for me. The more severe angle also seems to put more recoil in the web of the hand... especially with Walther PPK's. Really wanted to like that gun but sold it and don't feel (too) bad about it.

Grip angle doesn't matter much to me if I'm using the sights. As I draw and begin to acquire the sights, my hands automatically adjust to line the sights up regardless of the angle. When shooting close range, I might be a smidge off when shooting something other than my duty weapon, but its not enough to matter.
I like your new avatar, prepping for the 80's shoot at Cerberus's range?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top