JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
With help from this forum I've purchased my first firearm and I'm waiting for my CPL license to come in the mail.

I settled on a Glock 30SF which I picked up last week. Hopefully I can make it to the range in the next couple of days to break it in.

Thanks everybody!

-r

With help from this forum I've purchased my first firearm and I'm waiting for my CPL license to come in the mail.

I settled on a Glock 30SF which I picked up last week. Hopefully I can make it to the range in the next couple of days to break it in.

Thanks everybody!

-r
That completes part one. Next comes professional training (other than CPL class) and selection of quality self defense ammo.

There's shooting instruction, and then there is combat instruction. They are not the same.

Get the cheap stuff to practice with, but spend a few Obama-Bucks to get quality self defense ammo.

That completes part one. Next comes professional training (other than CPL class) and selection of quality self defense ammo.

There's shooting instruction, and then there is combat instruction. They are not the same.

Get the cheap stuff to practice with, but spend a few Obama-Bucks to get quality self defense ammo.

Appreciate the advice! I hear ya about the training, there was no CPL class required here in WA state. I'm ex-Air Force but that was 15 years ago and I haven't touched many firearms since so I'm looking around. When I picked up my Glock I also got a box of 230 grain +P Hollow points. 30 bucks for 20 rounds, sheesh!

Got to the range out here on Tuesday and put 150 rounds of cheap stuff through it. WOW! This gun packs a punch.

I've got a crossbreed super tuck holster coming in the mail and am looking for a good quick-open safe to keep near bed.

Awesome! Great price too. I was looking at the $200 fingerprint models for quick access at night. But I can imagine if I had an easy to remember code, punching it in while half asleep at night is doable. Do you have issues with that?

I was looking at the biometric versions also, but after dealing with the fingerprint reader on a few devices, I am not willing to trust my families safety to the technology just yet. The safe I sent you info on is what I have. I open it twice a day, morning to pull out the G27. Then at night when she goes back in. I can open in pitch dark, just by feel. In no more than a second. Its very fast. You build up muscle memory like anything else you do a lot. I like, but to each there own. Good luck!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top