JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I love my G23c, although it lives as a G19 with a threaded 9mm conversion barrel. Suppressor sights and an extended slide lock and it's good to go!

Just picked up a G21 Gen 4 yesterday and immediately made the same mods to it, threaded 45 barrel, suppressor sights and an extended slide lock. It will eventually live with a 460 Rowland conversion kit and be my "woods gun".

I guess all my Glocks are transcalibered :rolleyes:

Over the weekend I finally got around to relieving my G17 trigger guard with a Dremel and some 400 grit sandpaper. My strong hand middle finger was always kind of rubbed by the trigger guard. I liked the new-found comfort so well that I took apart 4 other Glocks of mine and did the exact same thing!! It really only takes about 20-30 minutes per gun, and that includes tearing down the frame and putting it all back together again. Soooo worth it!

14580983826381030970138.jpg

@CHLChris
Looks good.

I thought about doing the trigger guard relief more times than not. If I did, (right handed) I would remove high on the right, and taper to the middle bottom of the guard. After long studying how I hold the Glocks (boxy dang things), a flat relief would only move the shelf higher..if that makes sense.

For me, I can't bring myself to grind on it!!

Last Edited:
I did like a saddle-type shape so it is no longer like a shelf, but rounded equally for left and right since I want to be able to shoot weak handed too. More and better pics would be more clear, but there are a handful of good YouTube vids on this.

Pick the one Glock you'll never sell and just go slow. Grind a bit, try it, grind a bit, try it. Then I used a buffer wheel, then I just hand sanded with my finger and a small piece of very fine paper.

It turned out to be so easy I did all my Glocks. Just be sure to remove the mag release button, too or gunk will get in there.

Doing the relief grinding would be a easy, imagining how it would feel on the sides of the middle finger, smooth and more relaxed to focus.
Oh, I know. For near two years I've had the itch..err pain...LOL!

I might have to get the Dremel out for my 29 Gen 4, I'll never sell it and I recently went to a grip zone XD45 to get a better feel, but I really prefer 10MM to 45. This could get me to switch back, but that XD is sweet.

I was able to get to our wonderful indor range in Lewiston, Idaho today.

My CZ 455 LUX with the .22 barrel and Nikko scope:

shot very well with all of the .22 LR
ammo that I had on hand, except with one of the lCCI low velocity loads that hung up.

'Could have been me short-stroking the bolt, but I'd say the gun and the 25 round
magazine did fine:biggrin2:

My RAMI ran fine with the locally made Blazer brass in 9mm, but my Glock 43 had problems.
As it acted like the trigger was sticking.

A Super, super hard to pull it, then it would act fine for the next shots.

I've never had this problem with any other Glocks, except one, and that was a well used
pebble grip G17, so it's been years.

I do know that the G43s don't have great triggers to begin with, but I actually thought mine
was improving with use.

It gave me a normal trigger pull for some shots but a brick wall..where my trigger squeeze actually made the muzzle dip.. on others.

I'm usually not one for trigger jobs or after-market parts.

Some threads on connectors have me worried.

Is the new Apex worth looking into?

Geez, I'm usually one for touting both CZ and Glock reliability, but heck, I could hardly get mine
to fire today:embarassed:

I'll give it (and my other guns fired today) a good cleaning and go from there.

2_zpsawyef7mo.png 455-25round_zpstvgimxfm.png

I had the Glock STD, but then I went to Dr. Springfield and got a big dose of XDM 45 and I was Glock Free within a few days and now no burning when I shoot.

They are great guns. Reliable to the nth degree, but I really love my XDM.

I know there some great handguns out there, but for me the ability to tranfer mags will forever keep me a glock guy.

I have a 26, 17, and 34 and to be able to buy one mag and use in all 3 will never make me look elsewhere.

Probably soon have a 19 as well.

Mags are cheap, parts are everywhere, even the guns are a low price.

There's just not a negative to them.

I love my Glocks. All of them. I may be a Sig guy, but you can not beat a Glock in terms of reliability, cost, customization, upgrade-ability, durability, interchangeability and on and on.

I love my Sig's too. But my daily carry is a Glock 19. It goes everywhere I go.
20160319_154619.jpg

I just received my McNally triggers for the G43, 42 and 34 today. All I can say is the guns are now transformed. Pre-travel is about 1/8" then breaks clean with another 1/8" and stops with zero over travel. All of that creep and uncertain break is gone. When the trigger breaks, there is now now movement with my front sight as I hold the gun and pull the trigger.

I was a bit concerned risking $$ for an unknown, but when I called Jim McNally he assured me I would not be disappointed.

I have no idea what a $250 Zev feels like, but cannot imagine how it could be any better than the McNally.

I just received my McNally triggers for the G43, 42 and 34 today. All I can say is the guns are now transformed. Pre-travel is about 1/8" then breaks clean with another 1/8" and stops with zero over travel. All of that creep and uncertain break is gone. When the trigger breaks, there is now now movement with my front sight as I hold the gun and pull the trigger.

I was a bit concerned risking $$ for an unknown, but when I called Jim McNally he assured me I would not be disappointed.

I have no idea what a $250 Zev feels like, but cannot imagine how it could be any better than the McNally.
Man..... You have me curious now about this McNally trigger, I have pyramid and Zevtek and like things about them both. And dislike a couple things about the pyramid but it's still a vast improvement over the stock trigger.

Either way, I'm not sure I can condone the price of either.

I'm going to give this McNally a try, thanks for the info man.

Man..... You have me curious now about this McNally trigger, I have pyramid and Zevtek and like things about them both. And dislike a couple things about the pyramid but it's still a vast improvement over the stock trigger.

Either way, I'm not sure I can condone the price of either.

I'm going to give this McNally a try, thanks for the info man.
It appears he uses stock glock components with a polymer flat shoe trigger with pre travel and over travel adjustment screws. He sets them at the factory and mine were all spot on. I don't think the pull weight is less in my 34, but that does not really matter with the way the trigger responds. I added ghost connectors to the 42 & 43 previously but they were still mushy, but like I said previously, they are awesome now.

I did notice there are some little edges on the trigger shoe from the molding process that my OCD required me to smooth down.

Their number is hard to find, so here it is
Jim 228-365-4499
John 214-232-3780

Last Edited:
Saw the thread title and had me a good LOL. A friend of mine and I affectionately call the ailment "glerpes". It may go away for a while, you think you are safe, but then somehow one ends up back in your safe.. I too, as several others here have attested, have beat glerpes. It took some serious commitment, and a visit to Germany where I had to set up an appointment with Doctors Heckler & Koch for a specialized treatment plan.

@308 coming back in here boasting the McNally, and I'm getting an itch all of a sudden. I try not to walk the same plank, but the video of the McNally in action, shows something I desire in function. I was fine with my 19 prior to becoming member here. It's contagious, damnit, and I've gotten the wrong inoculation!!

Keep us updated @308

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top