JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Greeting everyone,

The G19 Gen 4 sure is a beast. Never thought I'd own a Glock because to me they're are not pleasing aesthetically. Shot a G21 awhile ago and was impressed enough to catch the Glock STD (Shooting Transmitted Disease). Fired the following through my G19 G4:
  • 200 rounds of Lawman 147gr
  • 200 rounds of Blazer brass 115gr
  • 50 rounds of Magtec 115gr
  • 50 rounds of Remington 124gr
  • 50 rounds Hornady XTP 124gr
  • 10 rounds of Corbon 115gr +p
Beauty took on a new meaning today: 100% reliability. This is a cannon that is on the path towards Every Day Companion trustworthiness.

General notes

(1) Pistol shoots to the left no matter how well the trigger is controlled, within the range of self-defense shooting, but I had hoped for it being more accurate. Targets set at 5 and 7 yards. After ~10 minutes of this switched to steel and had no problem hitting targets out to 15-20 yards.
(2) The stock sights will be replaced ASAP, they're hard for me to get a clear & rapid sight picture. I haven't decided on what yet. Spent a lot of time researching TruGlo TFOs, trijicon HD, Dead Ringer Snake Eyes.
(3) Contemplating a Crimson Trace laser.
(4) Will probably go with a Raven holster.
(5) Now I want a G41 tricked out with a Surefire X400 Ultra for home defense and other needless goodies for home defense!
(6) Money doesn't grow on trees: Someone stop me from this Glock STD! G41, G42, G43...oh no!!

I have a G19 3rd Gen Nibx and am looking to add a G43 to the family. I happen to like the way they look along with how they shoot.

only enhancements to do to a glock IMO:

glock minus connector(optional)
a really good polish with a Dremel and a felt wheel (BE CAREFUL)
night sights
grip plug
thats it.

OH and mags! last gunshow i was at keiths was selling used mags for 12 bucks!

I also was never going to have a plastic gun until I shot one and it was all over.
Dremel or just shoot the crap out of it and the trigger gets better.
Oh and do they shoot...
Connector and spring kit I think...
Oh and do they shoot....
Easy to maintain and work on and affordable parts availability.
Glock perfection.
Oh, and you don't have to break the bank to get one.

Sounds like you enjoy your G19. They work, and I have never had any problems with mine. Only thing I don't like is the polymer sights....I think steel or even aluminium stock sights would be better from the start, just eliminate the polymer all together.
The stock sights are the first to go when I get a new Glock and are replaced with Trijicon HD's, or their regular model. Then a - connector or a Ranger model from Ghost. That is all you need, spend that money burning a hole on a good holster, a few extra mags, and ammo. Then, go shoot, Glocks are built to shoot and will nicely settle in once you surpass 500 to 800 rounds.

I was into SIGs and Cz75s (they only made one CZ 9mm back then) before going Glock 17
for a duty weapon in 1993.

Lighter and equally reliable.

Both my wife and self were into the .357 SIG for about a year before the local
ammo dried up.

Glock 32,33,31 and M&P 357 Compact.

All shot wonderfully..as does the Glock 42.

dt_zpsikccipu0.jpg g26_zps6d104da2.png

I really like the Truglo TFO's on the Glocks. Good choice on the 19, I don't know how many I've owned. Picked one up when I turned 21, and keep selling and rebuying. I've never shot another handgun better....but since they're so easy to find it's always a safe choice for the chopping block..can always find another as soon as I want one.

Digging my new G43, got lucky enough to find one in stock and it's definitely a "no-sell" pistol.

And here I thought you were talking about GUNNERRHEA! I caught it when I was 8 yrs old after shooting my first gun and haven't been cured yet. I would be happy to go to my grave with it.

I sold my G19 & 23, wanted a new rifle. But the old gen 3 G26 I've got I don't ever see myself selling, or trading. My advice, don't shoot a G26 or your list will grow. I've got a G32 (357 SIG) I'll buy a 40 cal. barrel for so I don't miss the 23.

I've got a G20 SF. Makes me want a G21. Did I mention I want a 27 due to how much I like the 26? And a 42 or 43, can't decide, but 9mm ammo is cheaper.

No, no no... I want a new AK... or a Draco. I'm forgetting the new C308, or would a PTR91 be better. I already bought 14 mags, they were $3 each.

I forgot the Vepr 7.62 X 54r, but which barrel length?

And I still need a barrel for that AR I started 2 years ago. But I've got mags.

Sorry, someone mentioned guns. Anyway you just have a mild case of Glockitis. Similar to Marlinitis but in pistol form. Just stay away from anything that starts with AR, AK or has a lever and you should be ok. On second thought avoid all manufacturers from A to Z or your condition could become serious, and costly.

Again, sorry. This is why I don't post much. Thank god no one said much about ammo.

Don

We have three Glocks in the family, I have a Gen 4, G29 (10 MM) which I EDC "IF" my pockets allow otherwise I downsize as necessary. My wife has a G42 that she likes, but does not carry.

My wife has a Lionheart LH-9 which is very reliable and accurate and all metal except the grips, but she hate the external safety. On her own she bought a S&W SD9 VE as she liked the fact that she could manipulate all the controls and she loved the ergonomics. After three range trips she decided she needed to lose the S&W. She was lucky to get pie plate groups at 7 yards, good enough for self defense like the gun was designed for. She wanted something that would strike a little more fear in those pesky paper targets. She took the S&W to the local Glock dealer and made a trade. She looked at gen 3 and 4 17s and 19s and bought a gen 4 17. Even though she has smaller hands she preferred the longer grip of the 17 over the 19. At this point she has had some trigger work done, a extended slide release installed, and I bought her a Lone Wolf Stainless barrel. This is really a range gun. Anyway she likes it.

I am considering adding a Glock Gen 4 19 for me. I have a XDM 5.25 that I favor over a Glock, but it is not a carry gun.... and I seem susceptible to that same affliction the OP has.

They have a one day Glock Armor's course at Front Sight in Pahrump. July 13, August 7, and August 31. I might try to attend one of those.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top