JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I sure am glad that I am to old to catch any std's like that. It would be so hard to explain to the other half how it happened.
1911 the only way to go.

Seems like the 1911 std is worse and rots your brain.
You turn into a zombie and think the 1911 is the only gun

I was a 1911 guy and I still am to a certain extent. I dont think anything feels better in the hand and its easy to hide and easy to control. I never liked the HK USP I was issued but was dismayed when they took the HKs away and handed us Glock 22s. I was prepared to hate it. The more I shot it, the more I realized how practical it was. I came to really like the gun. I'm even happier with the Glock 17 and almost as happy with the M&P9.

Yeah there's really nothing as classy as a dressed up 1911.
And the history behind them is 2nd to none.
I've never owned one, but always admired them and wanted one.
But for the one I want I could buy almost 3 glocks.

I'm afraid it I buy one i'll have two stds

Hate to admit, I have the STD:D

GlockSTD.jpg

Ok, borrowing the thread a bit guys.
While I enjoy knocking on Glocks I recognize they're positive aspects. Thing is I don't know much about them and don't care to research them all that much, so to the experts!
My son has a G17, an older one, in .40S&W. Is going 9mm feasible with an older pistol like his? Is it expensive?
Thanks a lot, guys & gals!!!

OP, enjoy your new STD! Wash your hands!:eek::D:confused:

Ok, borrowing the thread a bit guys.
While I enjoy knocking on Glocks I recognize they're positive aspects. Thing is I don't know much about them and don't care to research them all that much, so to the experts!
My son has a G17, an older one, in .40S&W. Is going 9mm feasible with an older pistol like his? Is it expensive?
Thanks a lot, guys & gals!!!

OP, enjoy your new STD! Wash your hands!:eek::D:confused:
G17 is 9mm

Pick up a Lone Wolf 40-9 conversion barrel and some 9mm mags, you should be good to go!
That's exactly what I did with my G23. Got the LW in a threaded version so I could use my Osprey on it. The barrel and a handful of 9mm mags, nothing else. Shoots flawlessly, not one jam or FTF. Easy to recommend.

A Gen2 model 21 (KKM threaded barrel ), a Gen3 G23 (9mm / .40) and a Gen2 G26 all live in the safe here. They all have the stock 5lb Glock connector, Meprolight sights, and besides the barrels, LW extended take down blades. They are and always have been 100% reliable. I trust any one of them.

Last Edited:
Years ago I tried to not like them, but over the years I've ended up with a 19, 30s, 26, 42 and now my daily carry a 43. Good thing about them to me is if they get scuffed up or scratched from use I won't get all butt hurt, they are just another glock.

Before I owned my 1st Glock I had owned 7~1911s, 5 of which I built myself from raw frames. As a Browning/1911 fan-boy I had a pilgrimaged to Ogden, UT. I had studied every sub-20mm design that came from Browning's mind (which was, in my belief, above 140 IQ). I have worshipped at the throne of the Browning 1911 for decades.
The Glock 17/19 is the next step forward in the progression of battle handgun tech. The Glock was/is the 1st double stack 9mm that was ergonomic to my hand! It was also the FIRST to Reliably Feed Hollow Points! NO, No One Ever Mentions That! That in itself is breakthrough rarely admitted to. Love it or hate it The Glock is a force that has driven, though emulation, and even outright copyright theft forward as no other tech has. :confused:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top