JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I sent this email last week. It was part troll, part desperation and part curiosity to see what would happen.

My original email:

Hi,

Congratulations on passing I-594.

Many recreational shooters I know have questions about the do's and don'ts during shooting activities.
I visited the WA attorney general's website, but was dismayed to learn that there's no official opinion.

<broken link removed>
Specifically people are asking about letting a friend shoot their gun at a range, or loaning for the day, etc. There's also concern about professional instructors loaning or renting guns during training courses.
I don't know anyone with any political clout at the WA state level, so am hoping you might help clarify some of these points, or at the very least pressure AG Bob Ferguson to make a public opinion.
Thanks

Their Response:

Dear XXXX,

As of yet, there has not been an official release from the Attorney General. However, I'd like to set your mind at ease in the meantime regarding training courses and ranges. You can let a friend use your (or anyone else's weapon) at the range, you may use each other's weapons while hunting together, and you may utilize weapons during training courses. These are all exemptions and none of the laws surrounding these practices were changed by 594. None of those things can be considered 'transfers' and they are not covered by 594.
Hope that makes things clear.

Warmly,
Emily

I was a little suspicious at this seemingly "good news", so I wanted to make sure this was a credible answer. I wondered, who is this Emily person? o_O

From Linked-In (please see the job titles in red below):

Emily Parzybok
Office Manager and GOTV Operations Director Washington Alliance for Gun Responsibility

Experience
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
June 2014 – Present (7 months)seattle, wa
09ff28c.png
<broken link removed>
CorePower Yoga
January 2013 – August 2013 (8 months)Boulder CO
Taught Hot, Hot Power Fusion and Yin Styles of Yoga
200 Hour Teacher Training through CorePower Yoga of Boulder in Hot/Hot Power Fusion Styles
Self Study of Yin Yoga through CorePower Yoga of Boulder with help from Shareshten Kerry

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
November 2012 – August 2013 (10 months)boulder co
Managed all social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, Website)
Created and distributed monthly newsletter
Wrote articles on a variety of topics including local food sources, environmental issues and food waste
Helped update Edible Front Range website and blog

0b483ff.png
<broken link removed>
Gaiam
June 2012 – July 2013 (1 year 2 months)Boulder CO
Taught weekly Yin/Yang flow hour yoga class
Managed Facebook site, created and implemented in store marketing strategies to promote Gaiam Living
Communicated with corporate team about in store sales goals and various marketing and social media strategies
Created and received orders for the store
Provided customer service, managed store inventory, stocked floor

<broken link removed>
Boulder Book Store
June 2012 – January 2013 (8 months)Boulder CO
Selected card and sideline items to carry in store by meeting with local brand representatives and local artists
Tracked sales and success of product lines to assess ordering strategies and improve prophit margin
Maintained the back stock, straightened and stocked the floor

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
October 2011 – May 2012 (8 months)Aranos, Hardap, Namibia
Built and helped launch a school in the Kalahari Desert for an extended family of 15
Created and taught a 7-month curriculum for Beginner English, Intermediate English and English Literacy classes
Researched local vocational schools and helped students plan the next step in their education
Coordinated with individuals in Namibia, London, and Canada in order to provide students with housing, bicycle transport and aid paying for food during their vocational studies
Formulated a family financial plan and aided with development of community garden

English and Literacy classes daily for two levels: beginner and intermediate, 6 and 3 students respectively.

<broken link removed>
Campus Tan
October 2008 – December 2010 (2 years 3 months)Brighton, MA
Coordinated with affiliated managers about company policy and promotions
Consulted with advertising groups and local businesses to promote company
Analyzed marketing trends to order, stock and catalog inventory
Managed scheduling and payroll for 5-12 employees depending on time of year.
Facilitated hiring process and trained new employees.

369fcb1.png
<broken link removed>
Nordstrom
June 2008 – December 2009 (1 year 7 months)
Worked as a salesperson in the handbag department selling bags and stocking inventory.
Provided excellent customer service and forged ongoing relationships with customers.
Consistently one of the top salespeople on the floor.

<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
January 2009 – May 2009 (5 months)Boston College
<broken link removed>
<broken link removed>
June 2008 – August 2008 (3 months)Bellevue, WA
1723359.png
<broken link removed>
Starbucks
August 2006 – January 2007 (6 months)Redmond, WA

While I was momentarily pleased to learn I had nothing to worry about, the fact that a former barista and yoga instructor who's been employed as an OFFICE MANAGER for a gun control group for only six months was giving me LEGAL ADVICE, is not comforting. :mad:

I should print this out and keep in my range bag.

If anyone has concerns I'll hold this up and say "It's cool. The receptionist for WAAGR said we're fine."

Judas Priest... almost laughable if it weren't so sad. :rolleyes:

Honestly, this should be an attachment to the letters every damn one of us needs to write to the AG asking these same basic questions. We should flood the capital with e-mails and keep a copy as part of our evidence should any of us become the victims of this pile of bubblegum law! If the LEO's and state lawyers cannot articulate this in simple terms, it will become a valid argument in the courtroom.

Boston College, Campus Tan, Bushman of the Kalahari and Hot Yoga... good grief, you couldn't make this bubblegum up if you tried!

Actually some one should contact the bar association, I'm sure they would have a few questions about her qualifications to give legal advice. Being a broker for a few years made me very leary of giving any kind of advice outside of my purvue, many clients would ask about tax consequences of an investment, my basic answer would be "sorry, I'm not a licensed tax professional, better get your CPA on the phone and I'll explain it to him and he can figure out the tax consequences".

same reasoning applies in this case, she has no training to give this kind of advice.

Well it's settled then!
Since a certified yoga instructor with tanning salon experience said it's ok to loan guns out we're all set.

I should print a copy of that out for my range bag. If nothing else to get a few chuckles from the LEO's.

Nine days ago, I got a solid reply from our Representative (Brandon Vick) where he says that people on both sides of the aisle are getting frustrated at the silence coming out of the attorney general's office. Told me he and his staff are most certainly looking into it and pushing for a response. I'll ping him again and see if he's made any progress.

NULLIFICATION by 100% organized non compliance................... Its whats for dinner. And definitely non fattening.:s0098:Hell, even 80% would get the job done :/\/
Just visualize 640,000 people surrounding the state capitol all at once.
The only damage done would be the brown stains in the legislature's shorts.

Last Edited:
Well, Emily is very convincing. Years of yoga instruction have probably given her the ability to 'focus' her mind on the measure and to give an accurate interpretation. Good to know they're able to give such convincing legal advice. Well done WAGR! You're more informed than even the AG!

Clearly I-594 is not being taken seriously, even by the people who implement it and have the responsibility to enforce it. I think the clear answer is do not comply with trash legislation. Even some of the most lengthy RCWs are only a couple of pages. 18 pages of confusion...no one can sort it out.

To lawmakers: Your out with this one is to say this I-594 crap violates the single-subject rule. Flush this turd and move on, you have better things to do then try to make criminals out of the law-abiding citizenry.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top