JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I saw that table and did not even look twice. All I saw was the grocery tax. Not a bad idea. Since so much of the public walks around in a cloud of ignorance not a bad idea they would try to take advantage of it. Maybe we should do the same thing with pro gun petitions? Bet that would make the news :)
My wife and I fell for it... I wondered what people who looked so out of place in Colville, WA were doing bringing petitions for $30 tabs and the fight against the grocery tax. Now (that it's too late), I'll have to be more attentive.

Until their is real felt consequences for those who wish/attempt to dismantle the freedoms of the American people, this process will continue indefinitely until it either comes to a head, or the incremental encroachment succeeds.

Well damhit, I got my sign all made up Sunday evening and headed into Olympia to find and confront signature gatherers.
Major bummer that there were none in the Tumwater around Costco Walmart Fred Meyer area.
I finally found one at the South Sound Mall in front of the Target store, I get out, grab my sign and head up start asking questions and he said that they already had enough signatures for I 1639 already so no need to get more.
Talk about a burster bubble....:(

Last Edited:
Well damhit, I got my sign all made up Sunday evening and headed into Olympia to find and confront signature gatherers.
Major bombs that there were none in Tumwater around the Costco Walmart Fred Meyer area.
I finally found one at the Southside Mall in front of the Target store, I get out, grab my sign and head up start asking questions and he said that they already had enough signatures for I 1639 already so no need to get more.
Talk about a burster bubble....:(

Should have asked how many were legit and not signed under false pretense.

I looked, again. I-1634 is the food tax initiative (I don't remember what the $30 tabs one was). I-1639 is the anti-gun initiative.

Could it be that someone misread something? Now, I'm not so sure I signed the wrong petitions, but I'll be more attentive in the future.

Yes, often they have two petitions present, so they can pretend to be legit. But even the paid signature gatherers are misinformed. Talking with an 18 year old friend: he encountered a signature gatherer at Walmart, hawking the "save our $30 tabs" petition. My friend asked him if he knew he was getting people to sign I-1639 and what it said. The guy was totally oblivious, answered a Craigslist ad to gather signatures, didn't have a clue.

Problem is, all of the misrepresentation and fraud is just fine with the Washington A.G., as long as it hurts gun owners. Face it, "they" will LEGISLATE us all into criminals, and we will be in much the same position as those first Americans at the Lexington & Concord bridge April 19, 1775. Remember, the masses are always wrong. A very brave and active three percent of the population created America.

More;

"Professional Consultants screw-up Anti-Gun initiative effort with amateur failure to proofread...
...The sponsors and the consultants now need to craft a defense for their screw up (preferably deflecting the blame on someone else – the NRA, Trump, or maybe just Republicans or gun owners in general), which so far is best articulated in an editorial found in the Everett Herald (linked here). In simple terms, their defense can be broken down into two basic arguments. First, they must argue that nobody ever reads the fine print anyway, and it was so microscopic who could have read it? The second argument is basically that it was close enough for government work – they screwed up, but hey, everyone knows what they meant. I mean, really, the law is just a general guideline, not something to be read and interpreted literally, right? Some combination of these arguments will be used to defend what is clearly a colossal and avoidable screw up....

Professional Consultants screw-up Anti-Gun initiative effort with amateur failure to proofread | We the Governed

Yes, often they have two petitions present, so they can pretend to be legit. But even the paid signature gatherers are misinformed. Talking with an 18 year old friend: he encountered a signature gatherer at Walmart, hawking the "save our $30 tabs" petition. My friend asked him if he knew he was getting people to sign I-1639 and what it said. The guy was totally oblivious, answered a Craigslist ad to gather signatures, didn't have a clue.

Problem is, all of the misrepresentation and fraud is just fine with the Washington A.G., as long as it hurts gun owners. Face it, "they" will LEGISLATE us all into criminals, and we will be in much the same position as those first Americans at the Lexington & Concord bridge April 19, 1775. Remember, the masses are always wrong. A very brave and active three percent of the population created America.

The key thing here is it's not called fraud unless they are reported and there have to be many cases reported for liberal politicians to act.
Sad that a lot of people are so caught up in the hype of these snake charmers and will sign anyanything they shove in their face.:rolleyes:

Not sure, I'm an Oregon resident. I'd say the WA AG would be a really good start.
I would agree with that, except for the fact that the WA AG is a primary sponsor and solicitor of a good portion of the anti-gun legislation that has been getting put through the state legislature. Some of his actual testimony in support of said legislation during last years session walked a tightrope between intentional misdirection and outright lies.

I would agree with that, except for the fact that the WA AG is a primary sponsor and solicitor of a good portion of the anti-gun legislation that has been getting put through the state legislature. Some of his actual testimony in support of said legislation during last years session walked a tightrope between intentional misdirection and outright lies.

Yeah, I think someone said that earlier. But really, the law is the law, and misrepresentation during signature collection is illegal, regardless of the topic. The AG would HAVE to do something.

Yeah, I think someone said that earlier. But really, the law is the law, and misrepresentation during signature collection is illegal, regardless of the topic. The AG would HAVE to do something.

Here is a nice list of resources people can use to educate themselves when confronting those breaking the law. Gives you specific legislature which to point out. Not to mention rules for one not to break when confronting.

Chapter 29A.84 RCW: CRIMES AND PENALTIES

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads