JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Since Oregon does not recognize Washington permits or any other state. Hypothetically, if you did carry and ran into a encounter with a LEO in Oregon. What would that look like? What is most police officers reactions upon showing them a valid out of state permit?

Since Oregon does not recognize Washington permits or any other state. Hypothetically, if you did carry and ran into a encounter with a LEO in Oregon. What would that look like? What is most police officers reactions upon showing them a valid out of state permit?
An arrest....

Get your Oregon Non Resident Permit, problem solved!

First, an arrest.

Then you'll be charged.

You'll fight it and then get contacted by high profile DC lawyers for some pro bono 2A work, which you'll gladly accept.

After years of struggle, you'll finally argue your case in front of the Supreme Court, where you'll win, thus gaining countrywide carry for all of us.

You'll be a 2A hero whose name will go down in history. You'll get your own Wikipedia page.

Wherever you go, men will want to be you and women all over you and for some reason, someone gives you a Barrett and a free drink at every bar you saddle up to.

In short, you will gain celebrity and immortality.

Or you'll get arrested, gun confiscated, end up paying a fine, and hopefully at some point you'll get your gun back.

Roll those dice. Let us know how it goes.

First, an arrest.

Then you'll be charged.

You'll fight it and the get contacted by high profile DC lawyers for some pro bono 2A work, which you'll gladly accept.

After years of struggle, you'll finally argue your case in front of the Supreme Court, where you'll win, thus gaining countrywide carry for all of us.

You'll be a 2A hero whose name will go down in history. You'll get your own Wikipedia page.

Wherever you go, men will want to be you and women all over you and for some reason, someone gives you a Barrett and a free drink at every bar you saddle up to.

Or you'll get arrested, gun confiscated, end up paying a fine, and hopefully at some point you'll get your gun back.

Also, I believe it's a class-c misdemeanor, which means you'll lose your Washington license.

First, an arrest.

Then you'll be charged.

You'll fight it and then get contacted by high profile DC lawyers for some pro bono 2A work, which you'll gladly accept.

.jpg

Let's see:
- Chrome bracelets
- TouchEd in inappropriate ways by law enforcement, no drinks, no dinner
- Your snapshot in the Sheriff's official photo album
- You'll lose your sidearm and most likely your second amendment rights
- You'll make the news, maybe even National if you choose Portland
- Maybe lose your job

yup, not worth it, get a non-resident Oregon permit, play within the rules so you can play the long game...

Here you go.... takes 4 weeks. I got my renewal in 3 recently. Don't go into OR with a gun, you have a better chance of getting arrested then killed UNLESS you're heading for the riots and then you might want to rethink your life choices;)

Edit* my reason for 'needing' a permit was because I live in Vancouver and travel over the bridge often. It's a question on the form.

First, an arrest.

Then you'll be charged.

"Looks Dangerous, Indy.... You go first!"

What's the nature of the "encounter"? You were stopped for reasonable or probable cause and patted down? You were arrested for some other offense? You open carried outside the specific restrictions of the local OR jurisdiction? You passed thru a metal detector? You exposed your weapon accidentally, or you intentionally did that? You were confronted with a situation where you believed your life or that of someone else was under threat of death or serious bodily injury?

I think how your contact with LE goes will depend on how it started, and what agency is involved. In the end, do as recommended above and obtain a Oregon non-resident CHL because that will make things a lot less complex.

What's the nature of the "encounter"? You were stopped for reasonable or probable cause and patted down? You were arrested for some other offense? You open carried outside the specific restrictions of the local OR jurisdiction? You passed thru a metal detector? You exposed your weapon accidentally, or you intentionally did that? You were confronted with a situation where you believed your life or that of someone else was under threat of death or serious bodily injury?

I think how your contact with LE goes will depend on how it started, and what agency is involved. In the end, do as recommended above and obtain a Oregon non-resident CHL because that will make things a lot less complex.

Just a routine traffic stop. Let's say the officer asked if had any firearms on you. You declare that you have a CPL from WA. If you drove from Vancouver through Portland or along the interstate.

The overwhelming majority seems to think that the encounter would result in a arrest. It's at the officers discretion, I would assume.

better to play by the rules. I was more or less curious to see if there was any case law or stories on this in Oregon?

Just a routine traffic stop. Let's say the officer asked if had any firearms on you. You declare that you have a CPL from WA. If you drove from Vancouver through Portland or along the interstate.

The overwhelming majority seems to think that the encounter would result in a arrest. It's at the officers discretion, I would assume.

better to play by the rules. I was more or less curious to see if there was any case law or stories on this in Oregon?
Think about it, a few weeks and a few dollars aren't worth getting your snapshot in the Sheriffs Perp Photo Album... Not to mention the whole process of being taken into custody and processed. Not to mention that sidearm, might be gone forever...

Just not worth the risk.

I have in-laws we visit in Kali, when I hit the state line, the edc comes off gets unloaded and put into the auto vault. Magazines and ammo go in a bag in the trunk. Just not worth the risk... I like my freedom and clean record too much :D

Think about it, a few weeks and a few dollars aren't worth getting your snapshot in the Sheriffs Perp Photo Album... Not to mention the whole process of being taken into custody and processed. Not to mention that sidearm, might be gone forever...

Just not worth the risk.

I have in-laws we visit in Kali, when I hit the state line, the edc comes off gets unloaded and put into the auto vault. Magazines and ammo go in a bag in the trunk. Just not worth the risk... I like my freedom and clean record too much :D
I do that when rolling into Pot-land! I put my magnetic Obongo/Biteme sticker on my bumper, A "Keep Portland Weird" sticker in my rear window, A rainbow sticker in my window, a bong on my dash and drive at 30 MPH in the left lane on I-5.

So the question in the OP is basically "if I break the law and get caught will I get in trouble?"

The answer is yes.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR