JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears. And "BAN HAMMER" isn't on the table here. I could have banned many for less, but we actually take a lighter approach to moderating unlike what some seem to think.

Well, there are those that want the complete opposite. Can't please everyone all the time. :rolleyes:
I think most of us have wondered if you, as the mod that locked the thread, bothered to look at the posting history of the member in question before you locked it up?
It's very easily discernible that the guy was here to start crap with the members. Damned near 100% of his posts were in the thread. Not just the section, but ONE thread, that he used not only to attack politicians or their party or politics and government in general, but the mentality and intelligence of Trump supporters.
Yes we had some back & forth between members. But the notion of being excellent toward each other never touched his posts. He took every cheap shot at us he possible could.
Using the mainstream media's tools.
The same mainstream media that HATES GUN OWNER'S GUTS.
Which is why so many of us have him on our ignore lists.

The baffling part for most of us, is why you played right into his hands, and allowed him to do what he did.
Sorry if that sounds brutal @Kruejl, but that's the way many of us see it.
The guy was here to foster toxicity not dialog.

Last Edited:
I think most of us have wondered if you, as the mod that locked the thread, bothered to look at the posing history of the member in question before you locked it up?
It's very easily discernible that the guy was here to start crap with the members. Damned near 100% of his posts were in the thread. Not just the section, but ONE thread, that he used not only to attack politicians or their party or politics and government in general, but the mentality and intelligence of Trump supporters.
Yes we had some back & forth between members. But the notion of being excellent toward each other never touched his posts. He took every cheap shot at us he possible could.
Using the mainstream media's tools.
The same mainstream media that HATES GUN OWNER'S GUTS.
Which is why so many of us have him on our ignore lists.

The baffling part for most of us, is why you played right into his hands, and allowed him to do what he did.
Sorry if that sounds brutal @Kruejl, but that's the way many of us see it.
The guy was here to foster toxicity not dialog.

Huh. Well, NWFA takes NO stance on any particular political party. We exist to support the 2A and the rights of gun owners. At least as far as I understand. I leave my own personal political thoughts out of it, for the most part anyway.

@Joe Link

I disagree. The thread was pretty much pointless to begin with. What did it REALLY amount to? Goofy cartoons? Aw shucks.

This site will NOT be derailed by anti's no matter what some seem to think. Not as long as I'm here.
Have you paid attention to what is going on in this country?
Do you think politics is NOT a little goofy at the moment?
The mainstream media has been defending Antifa for the last two days!
You don't find that goofy? Not even a little bit?

So we're blowing off a little steam, making light of our political opposition.
That beats the hell out of what we could be doing,... This IS a firearms forum after all.

And that's what people like Brownie were trying to do. Bait us into making that fatal mistake.
So instead of banning a single member you punish the rest of us.
Odd that.

Have you paid attention to what is going on in this country?
Do you think politics is NOT a little goofy at the moment?
The mainstream media has been defending Antifa for the last two days!
You don't find that goofy? Not even a little bit?

So we're blowing off a little steam, making light of our political opposition.
That beats the hell out of what we could be doing,... This IS a firearms forum after all.

And that's what people like Brownie were trying to do. Bait us into making that fatal mistake.
So instead of banning a single member you punish the rest of us.
Odd that.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Huh. Well, NWFA takes NO stance on any particular political party. We exist to support the 2A and the rights of gun owners. At least as far as I understand. I leave my own personal political thoughts out of it, for the most part anyway.

@Joe Link
And we appreciate that. We REALLY do.

But man, that doesn't mean you or the community can afford to ignore the conduct of a disruptive influence for the sake of inclusiveness.
The man was on a mission, and his posting history proves that.

Go through his posting history and see if you can find a contribution he made that was helpful to other members,...
We'll wait.

And we appreciate that. We REALLY do.

But man, that doesn't mean you or the community can afford to ignore the conduct of a disruptive influence for the sake of inclusiveness.
The man was on a mission, and his posting history proves that.

Go through his posting history and see if you can find a contribution he made that was helpful to other members,...
We'll wait.

I have a family, a full time job, a father in the hospital and life in general. I'll do my best to use my free time to look into it.

I have a family, a full time job, a father in the hospital and life in general. I'll do my best to use my free time to look into it.
Thank you.
We would appreciate your efforts.

I hope your father gets to feeling better. Prayers and good wishes.
I've been through that a number of times in the last couple of years and it's no fun.
I never dreamed I'd be on a first name basis with so many people at OHSU.

@Joe Link

Well I am as pro 2A as it comes and I have been all my life. My grandmother was a demo but that was at a time that more sane logic applied. In my humble opinion not supporting Trump at this point in time is not supporting the 2A. The appointments to courts will shape this country for years to come should be our main focus. Allowing a troll to derail our activity here or where ever, for whatever logic used, is like inviting a child molester to your kids birthday party.

I wouldn't pile on the mods - they have a tough job and sometimes the best thing is to shut things down. Maybe after a little cool off they'll let us try it again. If not, those memes, etc. could be posted elsewhere. And if folks are really bothered by the likes of Mr. Killjoy, you can always put him on ignore. I'm sure he's already on plenty of those lists as it is.

With a political humor section there needs to be :

A somewhat even account / posting / percentage of political jabs , cartoons , etc.. of the Left , Right , Center , or whatever else political party...
Folks need also remember that its only funny if we are both laughing...
People should take themselves and their party of choice a little more lightly...and understand that we all do some funny , weird or What...??!! kind of sh!t...

For myself I never really looked at this section..other than when there was a issue...
I really don't fit in with any party....so its very seldom that an elected official speaks for me ....and that makes it difficult at times to find any "political humor"....
Andy

Well, all I can say is allot has changed since I first joined here. Used to be there was mostly a Middle and Right of that. which made the majority of the group.
In this posting issue the OP brings up, not sure why we are dancing around the fact that really the rules of this group should not apply to those whom want our rights removed or support those who do as they are protected to do an say as the please under the rules.
But its not my sandbox either, but hard to look away when you love something like NWFA and see it being harmed. IMHO.

@Kruejl , Solution, not you but the powers that be need to grow a pair and spell out what NWFA stands for?
The reality is in this country their is one group and only one group that works to suppress the majority of gun rights.
Its as if we don't want to offend a group that support Anti_gun Legislation. Thats just insane. I don't tell gun owners to join that
group, they do so of their own free will and in my opinion should eb their own peril as well.
I actually was talking with a Vietnam Vet this evening about this site and described what BS I felt was going on.
His response was one of disgust and hes not even a member, he said how people can say they are 2nd Supporters but allow political
groups that oppose guns rights to even have a voice. He said thats not what he fought for. And I changed the subject as it
flat right pissed him off. And I don't blame him.

I think the problem is me and those who may think like me want to see a representation that never comes.
And we all love NWFA and seek for it to be that representation, but its simply not the right venue to secure rights
and it never will be in my opinion until a clear stance is made, we can't please everyone. That compromise is
what tears us down. I say all are welcome, so long as you don't oppose our rights or support those whom do.
Thats just being honest, not hateful, or instigating its just the honest truth.

Guess I have said enough on all this, and explaining wont change what has been said for years on here.

I love this group and this site, may have to retire my saddle.

With a political humor section there needs to be :

A somewhat even account / posting / percentage of political jabs , cartoons , etc.. of the Left , Right , Center , or whatever else political party...
Folks need also remember that its only funny if we are both laughing...
People should take themselves and their party of choice a little more lightly...and understand that we all do some funny , weird or What...??!! kind of sh!t...

For myself I never really looked at this section..other than when there was a issue...
I really don't fit in with any party....so its very seldom that an elected official speaks for me ....and that makes it difficult at times to find any "political humor"....
Andy
And that's all well and good Andy. We all love it when our humor is universally accepted.

But,... Dammit this is a GUN FORUM.
The sitting president's political opposition was as anti-gun as ANY politician I have ever seen run for president in my lifetime.
That's the reality.
If you say that NWFA exists in part to support the 2ndA, and to give 2ndA supporters a venue, then you have to accept the realities of what we were up against in the last general election.

Even most of the died-in-the-wool Trump hating 2ndA supporters will tell you they couldn't bring themselves to vote for hillary, or held the nose when they did.

So if I make fun of obama, or hillary, or cortez, or sanders et al, please know that I am doing so as much for your rights as I am my funny bone.
Like it or not, that's the reality of today's America.
And the Geo Soroses and the Michael Bloombergs and the Tom Steyerswill see to that with their ca$h.
While Zuckerberg and his ilk do their best to censor us on other forms of social media.
I don't have that kind of money. I can't beat them on their turf.

But by God I still have mockery and humor, so I'm gonna use it!

Again.....none of those folks really speak for me nor do I agree with them...sigh...
Please do not misread what I said or place me with any of the above....
Andy
I'm not Andy.
But please tell me you have faced reality enough to know what they will do to your gun rights if they get their way.
Because they spell it out daily with their words, and in some cases their HUGE cash donations.

That's reality, and at the moment, reality bites.
Please tell me you're willing to oppose them based on that alone.

Well, all I can say is allot has changed since I first joined here. Used to be there was mostly a Middle and Right of that. which made the majority of the group.
In this posting issue the OP brings up, not sure why we are dancing around the fact that really the rules of this group should not apply to those whom want our rights removed or support those who do as they are protected to do an say as the please under the rules.
But its not my sandbox either, but hard to look away when you love something like NWFA and see it being harmed. IMHO.

@Kruejl , Solution, not you but the powers that be need to grow a pair and spell out what NWFA stands for?
The reality is in this country their is one group and only one group that works to suppress the majority of gun rights.
Its as if we don't want to offend a group that support Anti_gun Legislation. Thats just insane. I don't tell gun owners to join that
group, they do so of their own free will and in my opinion should eb their own peril as well.
I actually was talking with a Vietnam Vet this evening about this site and described what BS I felt was going on.
His response was one of disgust and hes not even a member, he said how people can say they are 2nd Supporters but allow political
groups that oppose guns rights to even have a voice. He said thats not what he fought for. And I changed the subject as it
flat right pissed him off. And I don't blame him.

I think the problem is me and those who may think like me want to see a representation that never comes.
And we all love NWFA and seek for it to be that representation, but its simply not the right venue to secure rights
and it never will be in my opinion until a clear stance is made, we can't please everyone. That compromise is
what tears us down. I say all are welcome, so long as you don't oppose our rights or support those whom do.
Thats just being honest, not hateful, or instigating its just the honest truth.

Guess I have said enough on all this, and explaining wont change what has been said for years on here.

I love this group and this site, may have to retire my saddle.

All due respect brother, but I don't think you love NWFA at all. I think you resent it and feel it's not up to your standards. You want this site to fight and reject any and all that disagree politically.

Again, all due respect. And you know I do.

I'm not Andy.
But please tell me you have faced reality enough to know what they will do to your gun rights if they get their way.
Because they spell it out daily with their words, and in some cases their HUGE cash donations.

That's reality, and at the moment, reality bites.

I think Andy has faced reality most of us will never know brother.

IF I was an anti 2nd troll this thread just told me how to take down this forum... get more anti help :oops:

isnt this is how we loose our guns too here in the north west

.......sigh

All due respect brother, but I don't think you love NWFA at all. I think you resent it and feel it's not up to your standards. You want this site to fight and reject any and all that disagree politically.

Again, all due respect. And you know I do.
Wow,... Just wow.
SMGDH

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads