JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Since you all shut down Political humor thread, there have been more posts in goofy humor with a political bent -

example (not to pick on the user) Elizabeth Warren's pic.

I like the humor thread and don't want to loose that. So please address any of your concerns quickly.

Thank you

Are you worried that the Goofy Humor thread will fall victim to a troll looking to shut it down the way one member single-handedly shut down the political humor thread with personal attacks?

Because I hope that's not the case.
I would hope when it's as obvious as that one was, that the member would be banned first.
But hey, that's just me.

The 'Political Humor' thread was just about a year old and had just under 3800 posts. It took one member in particular, exactly one month and 280 consecutive political posts to shut it down. I believe that their forum activity as of late, was to intentionally troll other members and then flip the script, as if we were the trolls. I also believe it was said member's goal was to shutdown the thread, as they do not post anything productive on any other thread. Shutdown the opposition...sound familiar?

A brief look into the member's history here... member for quite a while with less 'likes' than posts. It's pretty hard not to get likes with this crowd, unless you're posting garbage. This member is on the 'ignored list' of at least 10 members that I am aware of. I have also witnessed their flaming/confrontational manner in other threads as well.

So instead of banning one member, the thread got shutdown, banning everyone else. This is not a personal attack on this particular member, just an observation. End rant.

That's too bad the thread was locked.

I have 8 folks on ignore currently.

One of which being the "destructor"/"instigator" of that thread...actually had to go look at the locked thread and do the "view ignored content" option to see what the problem was.

Yup. Glad I had IT on ignore.

Funny I just posted an excerpt from my book I am writing where I posted what is not accepted would have once never been in question.
And now are judged on how we feel about protecting our rights are now a negative. That thread closure kinda showed how one man who doesn't want others to have rights can shut us down. And we wonder why we are having a problem uniting each other, when the opposition controls the outcome so easily no matter where we voice our rights. Interesting times gents.

Funny I just posted an excerpt from my book I am writing where I posted what is not accepted would have once never been in question.
And now are judged on how we feel about protecting our rights are now a negative. That thread closure kinda showed how one man who doesn't want others to have rights can shut us down. And we wonder why we are having a problem uniting each other, when the opposition controls the outcome so easily no matter where we voice our rights. Interesting times gents.
It's fairly apparent what he did.
Unfortunately, it worked.

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules." If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.

13. "Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it." Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.

From Saul Alinsky's Rules for Radicals.

The playbook of those who would play us against ourselves.

Uncle Ted once said, There are enough people trying to suppress our rights, lets not be stupid enough to help.
I sure admire the guy, he speaks his mind and no one censors the truth he speaks.

Wonder how he would view this BS, probably amounts to loading a gun pointing at your foot and pulling the trigger.

I told y'all that "his" goal was to cause enough "strife" and get the thread shut down.... :rolleyes:

Stomp, he was looking for suppression and elimination and he was rewarded with both:rolleyes:

Political Joke 1- (example of non-partisan political humor because it doesn't point out who's bull is getting gored)
We can manage to keep personal attacks, cruel, untrue, and out of context directed "jokes"' and keep things civil in both directions. Perhaps a long-term political humor thread can happen again. I'm sure we'll behave ourselves if given another chance.:rolleyes:
It's kinda generic and not particularly funny so it should be safe to use around Trolls

Political Joke 2- Example of partisan political humor, because some people like how our taxes are spent and want even higher taxes (except on their own demographic)! It may offend someone and could be Trollbait though, therefore it is bad.
upload_2018-8-14_14-47-57.png

Last Edited:
I'm hoping maybe the @Moderators might consider re-opening the thread after some cooling off time. Since one member in particular seemed to be the primary cause of the issues, maybe the member could be dealt with and we could get a pretty darn funny thread back open.

I'm hoping maybe the @Moderators might consider re-opening the thread after some cooling off time. Since one member in particular seemed to be the primary cause of the issues, maybe the member could be dealt with and we could get a pretty darn funny thread back open.

If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears. And "BAN HAMMER" isn't on the table here. I could have banned many for less, but we actually take a lighter approach to moderating unlike what some seem to think.

Well, there are those that want the complete opposite. Can't please everyone all the time. :rolleyes:

And of course I will reconsider opening it. But the tit-for-tat crap has to stop. So for now, it's locked.

Uncle Ted once said, There are enough people trying to suppress our rights, lets not be stupid enough to help.
I sure admire the guy, he speaks his mind and no one censors the truth he speaks.

Wonder how he would view this BS, probably amounts to loading a gun pointing at your foot and pulling the trigger.

Stomp, he was looking for suppression and elimination and he was rewarded with both:rolleyes:

I disagree. The thread was pretty much pointless to begin with. What did it REALLY amount to? Goofy cartoons? Aw shucks.

This site will NOT be derailed by anti's no matter what some seem to think. Not as long as I'm here.

If anyone has a better idea I'm all ears. And "BAN HAMMER" isn't on the table here. I could have banned many for less, but we actually take a lighter approach to moderating unlike what some seem to think.

Well, there are those that want the complete opposite. Can't please everyone all the time. :rolleyes:

set the permissions for the political sections for members only, with a 50 post minimum, after 50 post they have to request access to the political section.....this will really slow down the trouble makers till we ferret them out

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads