JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only fighting I do with my Osborne 740 is breaking down boxes from all the garbage my wife buys...the struggle is real Gents.

I have some cool stabby things that are in a lock box at home. A Commando dagger, an Ek dagger, a Bowie or two, a CS Tanto and a Vaquero. I take them out sometimes and think, "Wow, these sure are stabby!" Then I put them away.

As I walk away, I think, "Well, THAT was money well spent…"

Discontinued a few years ago, a Benchmade #119 Arvensis, the one at the bottom of the pic.
It's the one I'd go to for tactical, survival, combat, any SHTF situation, or busting a car window to rescue someone.

IMG_20240505_134137 blades.jpg

Last Edited:
Do swords count? I collect 'em, last one I picked up, an English Backsword.

backsword2.jpg

Haven't done any fighting with any of my knives lately... well, never, actually. But I like big knives.
full size.jpg
New AFSK, SP2 on top, left to right, Snake Blocker Apache Dawn, Hazen Legion, er.. Glock, Navy MK 3, Navy Ka-Bar, ESEE-6 (really a bushcraft knife).

My Blackjack Model 5 ...
I used this knife when in the Army...and on 4 combat deployments.
I know it works well as a field knife...and a fighting knife.

Luckily nowadays...it is employed as a camp knife and hunting knife.
It is the the bottom center one pictured.
( Brass guard , stacked leather handle , 5 1/2 blade. )
Andy

Last Edited:
Not saying one has to. Just looking to see if folks have one and what it is they have. I don't PLAN to ever need it but, wanted one anyway. :s0155:
I probably have about 200 folders in my collection. Maybe 40 fixed blades? For a fighting knife, I like a lightweight knife with a decent blade length. I walk the dog every day and when I grab a fixed blade, it's a Cold Steel Kobun. Recently purchased a Apoc knife and it is more like a real tanto. 13" blade, tool steel, with G10 handles. For the price of $80, I was very impressed.

Ok I see the don't get in a knife fight comments. Very true. I see the gun Trumps knife comments too. Usually. A knife in close quarters is better than a gun IMHO and a reason I carry a folder that can cut stuff and be a decent fighting knife. I mentioned it in the concealed carry thread. You can't have a drawn gun in most places but I can have a folder in hand in most places. Unless he is a very determined attacker, most will stop the attack once they see their own blood leaking out.
I just saw an ASP video yesterday. A parking lot attendant in Dublin took a trespasser to task and beat the guy with punches. The trespasser is waiting outside the garage and the attendant confronts him again. This time, the trespasser pulls a razor, scalpel, or sharp small knife and slices the guy's cheek wide open. He realized he had overstepped his authority at that point, which is all the more reason to avoid any fight. Egos are deadly.

Have several of the smaller version, couple of the large. One of the smaller ones is always in whatever pants I have on. Often one of the large will take that place if I am on my own property. Neither is carried with the idea or "fighting" but, they sure as hell will be used for backup if needed to protect myself. For fairly cheap knives I have been impressed at how they work. I am NOT gentle with them when I need them as a tool and none have failed yet.

Kn.png

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR