JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 45 was used by the US for all conflicts for eighty years including two world wars. I dont believe its any less effective today. I still sleep with mine.

Last Edited:
I guess I should have known better but c'mon folks it says "humor" right in the subject line. I laughed out loud because I know people who sound just like Donut Operator suggested.

I carried an M1911 for two years as my duty weapon. It's an effective and reliable weapon but there's no reason to get worked up over a bit of teasing, is there?

60567C4F-B63D-41E3-80A9-05785AF13F7C.jpeg

I know this talk has been going on for years, and somehow I don't mind.
it will never die, and never get old. As long as your not serious about it.

My 9mm worked just fine on the hypothetical threats I faced today.

My .40 S&W worked just fine on the hypothetical threats I faced last year.

I imagine that .45 acp would be just as effective as the hypothetical threats 99.9% of forum members encountered in their daily routines today, as well.

Same as for those that choose to carry .380 or .22 Magnum, or 10mm.

When I actually have to shoot someone to protect my life or the lives of innocents, I'll be sure to post the results...

In my 30 some years of shootin', blowing up watermelons has never ceased to be fun. I guess smack talking calibers never will either. My back up carry is a S&W 500 magnum. For primary, I usally carry something much more powerful...;)

Ok, that might not be true. Over time, I came to realize that lighter and smaller is better for actually keeping it with you, and in reality, a Rohrbaugh R9 is all I carry anymore. I had an instructor say that if you are going into a situation where you think a typical concealed carry gun doesn't have enough power or rounds, you should seriously reconsider why you are going into that situation.

For years though, I did carry a custom 1911 45acp with an officer frame and commander slide. An like HaveGun pointed out, all I ever did with it was win some lunch wagers at the range. Damn good lunches though...

Last Edited:
.45acp is my favorite pistol cartridge and the 1911 series is my favorite pistol.
With that said , I found the OP funny.

Its okay to poke fun at things.
Look at these terms I gotta use , when I talk about my favorite firearms , muzzle loaders...
First off , the name muzzle loader is suspect , then there are these lovely terms scatterd about like mines , to blow up in the face of the unwary :
Nipple...
Vent hole....
Dry ball...
Double Throated Cock...
Short Starter...
Lube...
Ram rod...
Nipple wrench...

Nothing brings out the 8th grade potty humor like the terms above....and to see a bunch of 50 + year old men laughing away at the shooting line , when someone strings together a sentence or request like :
"I dry balled , can I borrow your nipple wrench...? " , is something to experience....:D
Andy

I stood many watches with a 1911 and it was the first pistol i bought. I know the 1911 well and if things were to get weird it is the pistol i would strap to my side. You choose your guns like you choose your religion - when the day comes which ones going to get where you want to go.
I will stick with a 1911 it has never failed me yet.

1) "I had an instructor say that if you are going into a situation where you think a typical concealed carry gun doesn't have enough power or rounds, you should seriously reconsider why you are going into that situation."
Unfortunately, unless we are blessed with psychic powers we don't know ahead of time what a situation will require until you require it.
If I knew ahead of time that a situation would require > than 31 rds. (11 to start + 2 * 10) I would stay home and watch Oprah that day or I would take an appropriate long gun.

2) "I will stick with a 1911 it has never failed me yet."
There are very few things that came out in/around 1911 that are still , if not state of the art, the gold standard against which contenders are compared.
e.g.: Steyr 1912 - Used and liked through WW2 by the Wehrmacht in 9x19 it is a beautifully made gun of superb build quality. It is also now just an obscure footnote in the history of auto pistols.
1605193281608.png
1605193296818.png

I still hunt with a 1903 springfield chambered in the 30-06 and most of my hunting rifles are based on the 1898 mauser. There are alot of things in the gun world that are quite old but are as viable today as they were a hundred years ago. The 1911 may not be the newest but it is still around because it works.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top