JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have been pretty fair with your pricing unlike most of the "oh hai, I just signed up yesterday to pork you soup line buyers with my inflated ammo price, so please add me to your ignore list immediately d00ds"...kinda folks.

That is funny as hell! Thanks for my morning laugh.

I agree.

Why not find another venue to sell it as opposed to this forum and help to maintain some sort of dignity and solidarity as a member as opposed to just using it as an outlet to sell ammo as you describe:

:s0155: We need to get together at a range one of these days.

do you hold every other member who is asking current market price plus to that lofty meter stick ?
Not necessarily - but it's pretty easy to spot those are selling honestly and fairly as opposed to a few (some new) who are obviously selling out of greed and arrogance. Kind of like these types:
I just signed up yesterday to pork you soup line buyers with my inflated ammo price

Have you sold any ammo and used that same meter stick to gauge yourself?
No, I have never sold ammo as I reload. Shooting for me is a sport and hobby which I do often so I shoot and reload ammo for my next outing(s).

I would suggest not selling ammo. I locked my ad here as I am one of the new guys and because of such, looked down on. I didn't need to sell ammo (I reload and have a life times supply) but figured I would get rid of stuff I don't shoot. Capitalism is frowned upon here by many (not all) and making a buck is "verboten" to some of the more outspoken.

Isn't it more about "perspective"?

Think......
To a dotcom millionaire.....the price is "oh well, whatever".

Rrrrright...... I figure they probably understand supply and demand (more than some other folks).

But then.....
To a guy making min wage.....maybe, the price might be thought of as "gouging".

Yeah, it's not like it's easy to tell who or where someone lands on the spectrum when selling. Nor their actual need(s).

So then.....
That doesn't mean, that I'd like to see sellers adjust their asking price(s) to suit a particular buyer either. Imagine? A posted ad where the seller asks for your income level (or is forced to determine/evaluate your actual need)?

So the reality is......
The item is priced......

Buy it or not?

It's your decision to make.

Aloha, Mark

"I would suggest not selling ammo. I locked my ad here as I am one of the new guys and because of such, looked down on."

" Capitalism is frowned upon here by many (not all) and making a buck is "verboten" to some of the more outspoken. "

Wut?

" Capitalism is frowned upon here by many (not all) and making a buck is "verboten" to some of the more outspoken. "
This not the case.

A lot of forum members have a sense of 'ownership' on this forum as well as 'time in grade' and see it as a community.

Fair, honest selling with a 'humble' attitude is not at all frowned upon or 'verboten' by any. It's the first time posters with a 'for sale' ad with 'my way or the highway' attitudes that are causing some of the outspoken opinions.

This not the case.

A lot of forum members have a sense of 'ownership' on this forum as well as 'time in grade' and see it as a community.

Fair, honest selling with a 'humble' attitude is not at all frowned upon or 'verboten' by any.

I did say, "not all" but after receiving a few messages about how I was "price gouging" I decided that I didn't need to sell. One member was very irate about my pricing.

RVTECH, I understand about the community thing, just saying that I don't post enough and have not been part of the "community" long enough. I don't get online that much.

Anyone who was sending you berating messages about pricing should find another hobby.

I didn't see your ads, but I understand your point.

It was getting bad, you may have noticed the new red text under each classified

I did say, "not all" but after receiving a few messages about how I was "price gouging" I decided that I didn't need to sell. One member was very irate about my pricing.

Contacting you and calling you "Gouger" and becoming irate in a private message is pretty tacky and uncouth. I'm not aware of your ads, had they been truly out of line according to unwritten standards around here the members that were not so rude would say nothing and remember for the future who tries to take advantage of members, and who doesn't. After all it IS YOUR choice what to sell for.

I enjoy many of the discussions on the board and many of the reviews/opinions. Because I live so far out in the sticks I can't take advantage of many of the deals that are to be found here, and also because of that it's very hard for me to sell anything without driving to meet up with someone. So it wasn't just the PM's that caused me to "pull" my ad.

I will continue to lurk as I have done in the past.

No, I have never sold ammo as I reload. Shooting for me is a sport and hobby which I do often so I shoot and reload ammo for my next outing(s).
I like it. I don't buy ammo to resell either. I reload too, and never sell my reloads.

I have sold ammo before though. In the distant past, when surplus ammo was cheap and plentiful, I used to think it was fun to have stacks of crates of it in my garage. I never shot it in anywhere near the volume I bought it. It just sat there taking up space, and after a couple moves I realized how foolish it was. I was never going to shoot it, and the value had increased to the point where it was worth selling. Over the course of a year I got rid of most of it. I sold it for current market prices and didn't feel bad at all. It was nice to have some money in the bank, and a relief to be rid of it. I still have some left. I probably need to dig out the rest of it and get rid of it. I did put up an add for some surplus 8mm, with no interest. It's funny that little 9mm pistol rounds are currently worth more than a full-powered rifle round. :)

I have sold and traded some ammo recently and have not gotten any nasty messages, but I have been here a while.

My thing is, I will never buy it cheap at a retail store or online, to flip it. All that does is deprive someone who might actually shoot it of some ammo, I saw too much of that with .22 ammo years ago, that shortage was greatly prolonged by people buying overprice ammo that was just sold at a retail store and flipped at a gunshow.

I have been selling and trading some stocks of ammo I have more than I need of, and making some good trades for stuff I use and can't find at the moment. Except 7.62x25, everyone seems to think it's worth as much as 308o_O

I was actually selling 62gn .556 at the same price that you can find it online, minus the shipping. I checked gun.deals (a sponsor here) before listing.

Like I said above, don't need to sell it, heck would trade it straight across for 50 gn .223 to shoot out of my new toy.

I think I just have a low post count so someone assumed I was just here to make a quick buck.

This not the case.

Fair, honest selling with a 'humble' attitude is not at all frowned upon or 'verboten' by any. It's the first time posters with a 'for sale' ad with 'my way or the highway' attitudes that are causing some of the outspoken opinions.

There is always at least one person that brings up the word fair on this board when it comes to what items sell for.

As has been stated before by myself and others fair doesn't exist in a free marketplace. Supply and Demand sets the price one should make those considerations accordingly based on whether you are the seller or the buyer.

We can have freedom which has its risks but gives everyone the same opportunity or we can have fairness which is in reality is never what it is advertised to be because someone gets to decide what fairness means.

Truthfully it is somewhat discouraging to hear people use the word fairness because it demonstrates one of two things. Either that there are people who do not understand capitalism or worse yet there are people who think capitalism is bad.

Here is a primer for those who care on fairness or freedom

I did not see the ads posted here that have been mentioned.

I would put it on ARMSLIST if you have received grief here unless you want to TRY IT AGAIN when it comes to selling it HERE.

LOCAL online or printed newspapers may be a good idea for you too. Freebie places.

Armslist is FREE and has a LOCATION on it's website and you can put up the location or close to that location - your home's area.

It is NOT worth it if YOU have to drive all over and if the other guy may not even meet you there even though he SAYS that he will meet you there for HALF of the distance in MY opinion.

Me? If I sell something, the BUYERS come to ME unless I sell something via my FFL dealers.

The only time that did not happen (Come to my husband or to ME.) was when my husband was going some place and the person was in that direction anyway (Less than 5 to 10 miles away.) and he met them there to sell some item - LESS than $100. and it was a LOCAL SALE, of course.

I do not know how MUCH quantity wise of FACTORY ammunition that you have for sale too. A huge amount or a smaller batch since I did not see your ad.

(I am sure that there are 'flakes' on here - this forum just as much as any other place too. You reply to a person and they do not even reply back to you or say, "Thank you for the information.")

If you have a place close to home to meet - cool. If you are having a GARAGE SALE - list it in a garage sale too.

Explain what you are selling in Detail. If you can put up a picture - do it but it is NOT required in MY opinion.

FACTORY AMMUNITION - XXX for sale and the price.

CASH SALE
NO TRADES
NO SHIPPING

If you want to do a trade, it is your business there and state that you may be OPEN TO TRADES FOR X WHATEVER.

If you can't put up pictures, don't put them up. Usually IT is a LOCAL SALE and the BUYER wants to SEE in person what he is buying anyway!

Best wishes to you!

I am sorry that you got grief over your ad. I did not see your ad and if you priced it like you said that you did... people can buy it or not.

I have sold some FACTORY ammunition for myself and for my MT husband when we got out of some calibers even though he reloaded for ALL of his CF calibers since the early 70's. He used to keep some FACTORY AMMO on hand especially for a short time frame when he could NOT reload due to his travel, his 24/7 work schedule and his life style changes. So he did take in factory ammo in specific calibers (And other items PLUS some NIB firearms.) when he was downsizing and consolidating his firearm calibers for a full in store CREDIT. I did that too.

He and I GIFTED some factory ammo over the years too.

Some time ago, a year or so ago (?), he only kept a tiny bit of 9mm on hand (Self defense ammo.) and he sold a whole bunch of FACTORY, quality, name brand, brass cased, Federal FMJ, sealed - clean boxes of ammo that was stored in a climate controlled area. The buyer was very happy to buy it too.

My husband eventually sold that last 9mm pistol. (He only has two 45acp pistols and one 22lr pistol now on purpose.) His last 2 remaining factory boxes of 9mm self defense ammo went to 2 friends. They have been hard hit with the !!! virus SHUT DOWNS with their business! That ammo that he sold some time ago was ammo that he took in for a full in store credit when he sold some firearms. The buyer was happy, he got a good deal, my husband got what he wanted with the sale and the BUYER wanted all of the ammo too. He came to us - to our home - all of the way from Butte, MT. One hundred and thirty six miles one way and he was coming to this college town anyway. My husband and the man loaded up his trunk.

I do not reload and I have never reloaded. My husband does keep some FACTORY ammunition on hand in 45acp and in 30-30 Win even though he does RELOAD and has since the early 70's as I have stated before.

I only shoot 22lr and 22wmr rifles now too.

Best wishes to you no matter what you decide to do.

Old Lady Cate

Last Edited:
I enjoy many of the discussions on the board and many of the reviews/opinions. Because I live so far out in the sticks I can't take advantage of many of the deals that are to be found here, and also because of that it's very hard for me to sell anything without driving to meet up with someone. So it wasn't just the PM's that caused me to "pull" my ad.

I will continue to lurk as I have done in the past.

Don't lurk - participate.

I gave you some suggestions in another post here.

Best wishes to you.

Cate

I am cleaning up my gun safe, getting realistic about what I need and if being honest the current extremely high prices and shortages have motivated me to do so. What is reasonable? Do I look at what the current going rate is new in the stores and then cut it down a certain percentage? Or what if I cant even find it in stores because its sold out everywhere? I want to price it fairly in today's market.
Use the search function to check what others on NWFA have listed their ammo at and then "Locked" their ad. To do that open search box for classified ads and select "Locked" in the Ad Status form. That will give you a good idea of what ammo is selling at. You could list it a little higher than those prices and be prepared to accept a lower offer. The market will determine whether your price is too high. If it is commonly used ammo it should sell very quickly.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews