JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
not to start a rabbit hole but "window glass"?

Could see such as trading fodder. Similarly anything an individual can't produce. Hand tools, lumber, hardware etc etc.

However we're not anywhere near there, and hopefully won't ever be.

...Pressure treated lumber is supposedly in marked shortage in some areas nationally. Currently.

Could see such as trading fodder. Similarly anything an individual can't produce. Hand tools, lumber, hardware etc etc.

However we're not anywhere near there, and hopefully won't ever be.

...Pressure treated lumber is supposedly in marked shortage in some areas nationally. Currently.
I couldn't envision a time when window glass was a hot commodity except way back in pioneer days when a window might have been considered a luxury for a cabin. I know lumber prices in general have really jumped lately. I am guessing these West Coast wildfires are going to add fuel to keep lumber prices moving upward.

Sounds to me like with all of us sitting on mountains of ammo we want to get rid of we should have a NWFA shootsenfest. That would be way more fun than sitting on the computer for days on end waiting for "The Deal".

Last Edited:
When i see primers priced several times what i recently bought them for i pay attention to who posted the ad
I will never do business with that member as its pretty certain what their intent is.

When i see primers priced several times what i recently bought them for i pay attention to who posted the ad
I will never do business with that member as its pretty certain what their intent is.

You mean like a C note per K don't you? I saw that. Butt-hey, it's not my place to call out the seller. I figure if someone is so in need of primers, that's their biz.

Sounds to me like with all of us sitting on mountains of ammo we want to get rid of we should have a NWFA shootsenfest. That would be way more fun than sitting on the computer for days on end waiting for "The Deal".

Good idea! Use it or lose it. That IS our motto in life. That was my late husband's motto in life too. Hold shooting events with your friends or family and have a great weekend or day!

We are not sitting on mountains of factory ammunition. If we don't shoot it up - it (Factory ammo.) gets sold when we have downsized and consolidated his and her firearms - it gets sold alone or with a smaller amount as a 'package deal' while selling the firearm and it's holster and/or case.

We do not keep factory ammunition and he does not RELOAD for firearm calibers that we do not own any longer.

He did far better getting a full in store credit (To BUY whatever he wanted to buy.) for his firearms than taking 'cash' for a sale and since he did NOT need the cash or have to sell any firearm due to some issue - he came out better AHEAD by using an old and trusted FFL dealer (Or 1 to 3 of them over the years.) for many but not all of his sales. Same with me since I do not shoot handguns any longer.

My MT husband has been shooting during feast or famine aka fake and real shortages for years on end since he has reloaded since the early 1970's.

He and I NEVER ran out of RF or CF ammunition since we planned our shooting budget and stock a year at a time. (We used to be HIGH volume shooters too. I am NO longer a high volume shooter.) I do realize that not all people can DO THIS especially if they can't afford it or have large families that shoot a LOT. More guns to FEED per family UNIT. Plus he had his reloading stock and that very stock made 95% or more of ALL of his CF ammunition.

When he could no longer compete due to his 24/7 schedule, his travel and so forth... he still had ALL of that reloaded competition 'stock' to shoot up since he planned ahead, reloaded AHEAD of time even though he could NOT reload for a short time frame down the road.

Plus he had some of the factory stock of ammo for his full in store CREDIT from one dealer alone.

As I stated, he does keep some FACTORY 45acp and 30-30Win ammunition on hand plus he reloads for 45acp, .223, 30-30, 30-06 and 45-70 firearms.

I say use it or lose it. Keep your ammunition level (RF, CF and/or shotgun shells.) to a specific amount for a SAFETY NET but ENJOY what you own and shoot while you can still shoot at any age and especially when you hit 70 years old IF you should be so lucky to make it to your 60's and on in life.

My husband is still shooting 250 to 300 rounds per week in RF and CF firearms. Our range is not FAR away from us. He shoots year round as I used to do for years on end. I shoot far LESS due to my physical issues but I ENCOURAGE HIM to get out and shoot with a few friends or alone or with me.

I will enjoy whatever I choose to buy or own and if it is a firearm - what I choose to shoot. When I can't enjoy a sport due to my bad arthritis or some other physical issue... I will make adjustments in my lifestyle. My MT husband is the same way with some of his own hand issues due to an old injury and AGE.

I can't SEE sitting on TONS of ammunition or reloading supplies IF you never shoot it or share it just to HAVE IT.

Planning ahead is one thing but having ALL of this stuff in life even if you prepare for ALL types of emergencies just sitting there while you NEVER ENJOY USING IT makes no sense to me or MY lifestyle.

I realize that many people may not agree with me - no problem.

Gifting makes sense to me too.

It reminds me of some old lady who DIES and the executor goes into a house and finds tags on clothing/shoes/handbags/hats or triple - duplicate items of the same thing or old-ratty towels/sheets because the old lady or man did not want to use THEIR GOOD STUFF so they were saving it and did not even USE IT for Christmas or some holiday. BUT they owned it and it sat there and ALL OF THAT STUFF was still sitting there after they were buried or cremated.

To each their own - whatever trips their trigger in life.

Old Lady Cate

I would give you ten heart signs of appreciation but I do not see it on my computer to do this!

Take care.

Old Lady Cate

One can ask any price they want. If someone buys it two people are happy. That's a good deal. The whole "price gouge" for ammo is ridiculous, sell it for what the market will bear

This, for sure. It's yours to sell for whatever you want to ask. It's not your worry that an ammo-poor person didn't buy before the prices went up. You don't need to let guilt be a factor. Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head as to buying or selling.

someone else needs to buy it, for the above to work. So the price needs to be set by the seller accordingly. Or it won't sell. Pretty simple

Keep this in mind when pricing. If the price is right, it will sell, very simple. Discounting it some amount will encourage a buyer. If you live in Wash., buyers should realize they are already saving 10% because no sales tax is involved.

Keep this in mind. In the future, private sale of ammo may become banned or regulated out of reason. So if you are considering adjusting your personal inventory, do it before laws restrict you from doing it. Wash. AG and legislators wanted it last session. It's sure to come up again. California already has BG and license reqirements for anyone selling ammo (legally).

If you overpaid for something in the past, now is an opportune time to make good on that.

Back to my posts, gouging is buying up all of the available stock and selling it for exorbitant prices. Selling ammo for the going rate or less is not gouging. This includes my example of buying in bulk and getting rebates. The idea here is to lower the overall cost for my ammo - true free enterprise/capitalism. I got rewarded for my work/expertise without artificially raising prices or creating shortages.

I do realize that capattilsm gets a bad rap for artificially creating demand and increasing profits, but it doesn't have to be that way.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top