JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Compromise? Burn the racist, fear mongering, incompetent NRA?

aint nothin pro-gun rights about that article.

This is good stuff.
Ten Tips: How to Talk to Liberals About Guns

A quick scan of the key words opens minds.

That's an excellent article. At least a couple of the points (7, 9) are related to avoiding the error of trying to tie a whole bunch of issues together with being pro-2A. Don't do it -- all that does is alienate those who might otherwise be supportive on the gun issue. If you make it look like you have to be anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-environment, christian, and pro-offensive-war to be pro-2A, you just cut the number of people who will vote against egregious initiatives down to the bone.

In places like WA and OR, it is the ballot initiatives that are the real and present danger because our metropolitan regions basically make the rest of the states irrelevant, something that isn't quite as dramatically true in the legislatures. We need messaging that speaks to all of the individual voters (because that is what matters with initiatives) who aren't solidly in one camp or the other to actually win. Alienating them is like shooting yourself in the head. Inadvisable and the fastest way to lose.

That's an excellent article. At least a couple of the points (7, 9) are related to avoiding the error of trying to tie a whole bunch of issues together with being pro-2A. Don't do it -- all that does is alienate those who might otherwise be supportive on the gun issue. If you make it look like you have to be anti-gay, anti-abortion, anti-environment, christian, and pro-offensive-war to be pro-2A, you just cut the number of people who will vote against egregious initiatives down to the bone.

In places like WA and OR, it is the ballot initiatives that are the real and present danger because our metropolitan regions basically make the rest of the states irrelevant, something that isn't quite as dramatically true in the legislatures. We need messaging that speaks to all of the individual voters (because that is what matters with initiatives) who aren't solidly in one camp or the other to actually win. Alienating them is like shooting yourself in the head. Inadvisable and the fastest way to lose.

Certainly disagree with #3. There IS no more acceptable compromise! The only "compromise" acceptable to the Left, is total surrender of our Civil Rights!! There is no longer any common ground, other than a solution must be found to the mass shootings.

:s0014:

" if you're trying to win people over by showing off a black rifle in the deli line, some reevaluation is in order. This comes across as an intimidation tactic and makes few friends compared to the numbers it alienates."

probably accurate IMHO

We are the victims here. We are the scapegoats. Every year a handful of evil/vile trash commit acts of terrorism in the community, and millions of us get blamed. They used to scapegoat motorcycle clubs back in the day, and now they're doing it to the shooting community.

The media has painted a disturbing caricature of all of us who own AR's and AK's as a bunch of unstable, paranoid, misanthropic, backwoods white supremacists. Even worse, they are trying to gaslight us into believing the lie ourselves. In my experience a higher percentage of gun owners are "normal" than non-gun owners. Gun ownership is a sober hobby for responsible people. Let people see you are a responsible, normal, contributing member of society. Stay away from making angry commentaries, especially around women and kids, and please put the confederate flags away - don't play into their game.

Last Edited:
They're probably collecting signatures already; will copy or print final title after the next hurdles are crossed.

Keep our eyes peeled for illegal activity.

I think your right I seen a couple that appeared to be doing that in my area. Keep a video camera close to get evidence to bust them.

I'm done trying to compromise something I shouldn't need to even think about or defend! It' come down the Absoluts, and that's a dangerous place to be for every one, absolutes leads to people getting hurt or worse! Unfortunately, we are VERY close to that point, using guns to protect rights, but that's where we are! I have invested much of my personal time to try and discuss things calmly and rationally with folks who are so polar set against, but I have tried! I have stepped up to challenge my family, friends and neighbors who were dead set to take our rights, with little succes, so here we are today, about to have two serious initiative's put to the voters to decide our future, and if these pass, there's going to be a reckoning and it' going to be ugly! No more talk, the time for gentlemen to sit and discuss things as gentlemen has passed, now it's time for action!

Ten tips, reading between the lines of a random internet blogger about guns.

1. Its important that we control speech as well as all other aspects of your life. You are not smart enough to use your own pronouns. Avoid cliche stances and arguments unless it is "common sense"

2. We do actually hate freedom, but just of people who are not of our political party

3. Make concessions, so that today's compromise can be tomorrows loop hole. And know that "regulation" means "ban"

4. Be embarrassed because you were born white (what the hell is this doing in an anti-gun article?)

5. Throw your supporters under the bus for our feelings

6. Be embarrassed because you are male. Only walk around with your penis tucked into your butt. no one wants to see that bulge

7. Its ok if there is terrible mental health care in this country. It is much better to have severe PTSD and crippling depression after your country throws you in the gutter as long as you cant kill yourself.

8. Dont use anecdotes like we do

9. Be embarrassed if you are proud of your country.

10. I'm still breast feeding at 32, please dont scare us with your scary guns.

I'm done trying to compromise something I shouldn't need to even think about or defend! It' come down the Absoluts, and that's a dangerous place to be for every one, absolutes leads to people getting hurt or worse! Unfortunately, we are VERY close to that point, using guns to protect rights, but that's where we are! I have invested much of my personal time to try and discuss things calmly and rationally with folks who are so polar set against, but I have tried! I have stepped up to challenge my family, friends and neighbors who were dead set to take our rights, with little succes, so here we are today, about to have two serious initiative's put to the voters to decide our future, and if these pass, there's going to be a reckoning and it' going to be ugly! No more talk, the time for gentlemen to sit and discuss things as gentlemen has passed, now it's time for action!

Being nice,polite ,formal and politically correct gets us to where we are now.anyone ever notice that now days when you look at someone straight n the eye and call them on their B.S. they shut up and scury off as quick as possible? If the anti gun crowd wants guns off the street so bad why don't
They just go into SE Portland at 2 am and take them from the people out on the street personaly

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads