JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What's your credit limit? They had extended a whopping $50,000 limit to me for a number of years. But then, they never made any interest on that limit. I suspect that's what put the burr under their saddle.
$23K - I could have had a lot more before I got laid off, but I don't need it. the most I have ever put on the card was something like $15K to pay for a dentist bill for my daughter. I paid that off too.

Don't do it.
I don't intend to. No need.

Well, maybe this year if I sell my property and have an income of $500K+? That might be fun to do. I wonder if they would ask for supporting documentation?

Nah - again, no need, and it would ding my credit score. I may need a mortgage to buy another property and build on it.

$23K - I could have had a lot more before I got laid off, but I don't need it. the most I have ever put on the card was something like $15K to pay for a dentist bill for my daughter. I paid that off too.

I don't intend to. No need.

Well, maybe this year if I sell my property and have an income of $500K+? That might be fun to do. I wonder if they would ask for supporting documentation?

Nah - again, no need, and it would ding my credit score. I may need a mortgage to buy another property and build on it.
Car dealer wouldn't let me swipe for my new tundra, and the trailer company wouldn't let me swipe my entire travel trailer. Jerks!

I keep hearing that Elon's thing is getting better and better.
Starlink seems to be getting better yes. For a few months the speeds degraded, but now (the last month or so) I am seeing 200mbps+ at times during the weekdays, where previously I only saw that during early morning hours (3AM to 7AM). Still seeing major slowing on weekends, especially evenings, but still plenty (usually) for watching 4K TV.

If SpaceX can get their StarShip into orbit, then the V2 satellites will be deployed and we will see much better speeds more consistently. Maybe sometime this summer or fall. SpaceX just did their final static test, so we might see a test launch in a month or so.

If you can get cable or fiber or fast DSL - I don't recommend SL. The speeds vary widely minute to minute, day to day. Not like my kids fiber (a steady 300+mbps DL, 250+ mbps UL).

Last Edited:
Car dealer wouldn't let me swipe for my new tundra, and the trailer company wouldn't let me swipe my entire travel trailer. Jerks!
They would take a big hit on that. They probably wouldn't take cash either?

For such things I just go to my credit union and get a cashier's check. Especially if it is a small outfit.

I remember when we sold the farm - one buyer kept being unable to close the deal because their $ were coming from overseas and something about not being able to transfer that much $ into the USA (it was right after 9/11). Or maybe they were just putting us on - I don't know.

They would take a big hit on that. They probably wouldn't take cash either?

For such things I just go to my credit union and get a cashier's check. Especially if it is a small outfit.

I remember when we sold the farm - one buyer kept being unable to close the deal because their $ were coming from overseas and something about not being able to transfer that much $ into the USA (it was right after 9/11). Or maybe they were just putting us on - I don't know.
I just wrote a check to the Toyota dealer, but the trailer company almost lost me as a customer due to their limit on personal checks. I told them my bank isn't local and a cashier's check is a pain.

Wife and I bought two Motorcycles in the last months. Both of them we paid cash for since even using a debit card the dealer would add points on. There is one large grocery chain here called WinCo that does not take CC's. Wife used to go to the one now and then for some bulk stuff but it was really out of the way. New one opened that is FAR closer and easier for us. Their prices were MUCH better than the Fred's or even Wally. Now that there is one I can just stop off at on the way home from work I will be shopping there a lot and don't mind paying cash for the savings. They do take Debit cards there but I don't like using that damn thing over fear of the hassle if the bad people get the numbers. Noticed the place had two armed guards standing at the door. With all that cash coming in it will be interesting to see if they become a target for the scum.

Wife and I bought two Motorcycles in the last months. Both of them we paid cash for since even using a debit card the dealer would add points on. There is one large grocery chain here called WinCo that does not take CC's. Wife used to go to the one now and then for some bulk stuff but it was really out of the way. New one opened that is FAR closer and easier for us. Their prices were MUCH better than the Fred's or even Wally. Now that there is one I can just stop off at on the way home from work I will be shopping there a lot and don't mind paying cash for the savings. They do take Debit cards there but I don't like using that damn thing over fear of the hassle if the bad people get the numbers. Noticed the place had two armed guards standing at the door. With all that cash coming in it will be interesting to see if they become a target for the scum.
Have a WinCo about 2 miles from me that is my go-to grocery store. Been shopping there for 15+ years. Prices are way better than anywhere else in town, the meat and dairy are just as good as anywhere else, and the produce is fresh. I know a lot of the employees, so I get treated pretty well. I use my debit card exclusively, and just guard the keypad and make sure there's no one within RF range.

They also have a couple of security guards stationed around, but I've never seen any guns on them. However, they explicitly allow open carry (if one is so inclined), so every time I go I'm CC'ed up and I feel great. No stoo-pit GFZ signs to just plain aggravate me like Safeway/Albertsons and Yoke's... :rolleyes:

Have a WinCo about 2 miles from me that is my go-to grocery store. Been shopping there for 15+ years. Prices are way better than anywhere else in town, the meat and dairy are just as good as anywhere else, and the produce is fresh. I know a lot of the employees, so I get treated pretty well. I use my debit card exclusively, and just guard the keypad and make sure there's no one within RF range.

They also have a couple of security guards stationed around, but I've never seen any guns on them. However, they explicitly allow open carry (if one is so inclined), so every time I go I'm CC'ed up and I feel great. No stoo-pit GFZ signs to just plain aggravate me like Safeway/Albertsons and Yoke's... :rolleyes:
The place was very damn nice being brand new and will be our go to place for now for sure. Meat and produce were two things I of course went to check out first and looks great. They had signs all over comparing price that I was not sure about since I tend to not pay much attention to most stuff. What caught my eye was the total when we checked out. $150 and it was enough stuff to take a couple trip's into the house to put away. For a good while now my stopping off on the way home trips are normally that much so I could see a big difference. The Co that owns Fred's is trying to buy up and take over the Albertsons and Safeway in the state. King jay and his buddy sideshow bob tried to prevent it and last I heard they lost in court. They tried to fight it as it will of course lead to some job loss as some stores will of course close and some warehouse jobs will have to end. The Co was saying they wanted to compete with Wally but looks to me like Winco will be the one they will have to try to compete with here. Will be interesting to see it all shake out. The store being new did make sure they had PLENTY of staff which was great. Told Wife that will probably stop after they decided how many they actually need. No self check there yet either which did kind of surprise me. I don't care as long as it does not get to where you go to check out and the line is a mile long with no help. That is one thing that would make me walk out and pay more down the street if that starts to happen. So will be fun to watch for a while.

The place was very damn nice being brand new and will be our go to place for now for sure. Meat and produce were two things I of course went to check out first and looks great. They had signs all over comparing price that I was not sure about since I tend to not pay much attention to most stuff. What caught my eye was the total when we checked out. $150 and it was enough stuff to take a couple trip's into the house to put away. For a good while now my stopping off on the way home trips are normally that much so I could see a big difference. The Co that owns Fred's is trying to buy up and take over the Albertsons and Safeway in the state. King jay and his buddy sideshow bob tried to prevent it and last I heard they lost in court. They tried to fight it as it will of course lead to some job loss as some stores will of course close and some warehouse jobs will have to end. The Co was saying they wanted to compete with Wally but looks to me like Winco will be the one they will have to try to compete with here. Will be interesting to see it all shake out. The store being new did make sure they had PLENTY of staff which was great. Told Wife that will probably stop after they decided how many they actually need. No self check there yet either which did kind of surprise me. I don't care as long as it does not get to where you go to check out and the line is a mile long with no help. That is one thing that would make me walk out and pay more down the street if that starts to happen. So will be fun to watch for a while.
They put in a 12-station SCO section in my WinCo about 2 or 3 years ago. They have something like 20 cashier aisles, and they keep 'em staffed pretty full up during the heavy shopping periods of a day. But they close down about ¾ of them or more when I go to the store, which is usually 9 or 10 PM on a Sunday...

There are 1000s of people dropping Comcast daily. Dropped cable and satellite years ago.
I dropped mine a couple of years ago after the ice storm. A neighbor's tree fell and took out the cable from the street. So instead of having them reconnect, I went back to the phone company and got a DSL. Seems to work just as well and I'm paying half of what I was paying Comcast, who were always raising my rates anyway. Plus I have the satisfaction of no longer paying Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid's salaries.
We only use concast for net service not their cable. So far there is no other choice here.
No DSL through your phone company?
There is one large grocery chain here called WinCo that does not take CC's... don't mind paying cash for the savings. They do take Debit cards there but I don't like using that damn thing over fear of the hassle if the bad people get the numbers.
You could write a check. Remember those? :s0140:
Noticed the place had two armed guards standing at the door. :rolleyes:
Have a WinCo about 2 miles from me that is my go-to grocery store.

They also have a couple of security guards stationed around,
You guys must live in he11 holes. I've never seen a security guard at Winco.

I know they have "loss prevention" types, but you never see them.

They put in a 12-station SCO section in my WinCo about 2 or 3 years ago. They have something like 20 cashier aisles, and they keep 'em staffed pretty full up during the heavy shopping periods of a day. But they close down about ¾ of them or more when I go to the store, which is usually 9 or 10 PM on a Sunday...
I will be stopping in on my way home from work so just after 6 in the morning so should be great for me. The first night the thing was open it was a mob scene of course. We just made a quick stop. Went shopping then at around 7 in the morning and it was great. Hope it stays good for a while as the thing is so well placed for us. Wife tends to often night owl on her days off since I do and she used to like going to the old one here in the middle of the night. The part of town its in got so bad she stopped going. Was afraid she would either have to use a gun to get to her car or the entire car would be gone when she came out of the damn store :mad:

I dropped mine a couple of years ago after the ice storm. A neighbor's tree fell and took out the cable from the street. So instead of having them reconnect, I went back to the phone company and got a DSL. Seems to work just as well and I'm paying half of what I was paying Comcast, who were always raising my rates anyway. Plus I have the satisfaction of no longer paying Rachel Maddow and Joy Reid's salaries.

Not here now but, they have it all over the city and county and its BAD. The Co who owns it keeps changing and changing the name as the service is so horrendous. It is FAR cheaper which keeps hooking people but I have yet to meet anyone here who was happy. With cable you just plug in and go. For some reason the damn DSL here EVERY change means calling the service people and spending a LOT of time on the phone. Not sure WTF is going on there. I have lost track of how many times the name on the place has changed names over the years. One thing that never seems to change is suck service even now for some reason. Co worker switched to cable a few months ago. He had the DSL for years and was forever mad as he is a gamer. The thing would be forever slowing down to where it was very frustrating. He finally tried cable and was shocked at how well it worked. I don't know what is going on with it here. You would think in this day and age they would have long ago worked out the damn bugs but looks like no such luck here. :(

Not a hellhole at all. They just don't like losing stuff to shoplifters. The security guys just wander around the store checking on things and occasionally check out the parking lot. The panhandlers started flocking to the place right after it opened, being as it was a new source of grift for them. They would hit up the shoppers while they were loading their cars in the parking lot. But the security types managed to run them off and now they sit up by the main street and hold up their cardboard signs at you as you leave the driveway onto the main street. They're on the sidewalk (public ROW), so they have a right to be there and can't be removed. No biggy...

Now, alternatively, if you really wanna see a slice of Americana, show up at my WinCo after midnight on a Saturday night. A buddy of mine had to pick up a couple things late one Saturday night and inadvertently ran into that shiitshow. Said it was a real eye-opener... The store is only a few blocks from a large mess of apartment buildings that house a lot of young people just starting out on their own. So you can imagine the demographic we're talking about here... I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about, and by God it did not disappoint! All these young people showing up after the bars close... drunk, on acid or meth, falling all over themselves, yellin' and screamin'... Kinda funny to watch, actually, if you're the sober one... :s0140:

Last Edited:
:s0140:

Don't know about Sobo but Peirce County is trying real hard to catch up to Potland and Seattle. The new WinCo is in the city of Tacoma which has gone full woke. Crime is no longer something Police do anything about as they are told not too. Its common to see people load up carts with stuff and just walk out to their vehicle and load up now. I am "guessing" this new WinCo is going to maybe stop this? :s0092:
Will remain to be seen. There is a Fred's close by me who was the first place I had ever seen out here with Armed security. Its the only one ( Fred's) I have ever seen doing this here. Noticed it when we moved year and a half ago. So not sure when that started. The Fred's where we used to live in the city which is close to the new WinCo still does not as far as I know have them. Never seen one when I stop in there. The guys at the new store looked at first like Soldiers the way they were dressed. As we were walking up to the door I thought it was a couple GI's decked out and waiting for someone till I got close and realized they were security. Will be interesting to see if they are able and allowed to actually stop the people who just load up a cart and walk out the door.

Winco on 122nd Portland has two security by the exit door and another one drives security company, with flashing lights, around parking lots. They're there most of the time and not armed.

Don't know about Sobo but Peirce County is trying real hard to catch up to Potland and Seattle. The new WinCo is in the city of Tacoma which has gone full woke. Crime is no longer something Police do anything about as they are told not too. Its common to see people load up carts with stuff and just walk out to their vehicle and load up now. I am "guessing" this new WinCo is going to maybe stop this? :s0092:
Don't really have that problem here in EWA. We're all sorrowfully "unwoke", still have cops that mostly keep the peace and don't kill unarmed people (although a few years ago some guy in Pasco all amped up on amphetamines decided to try suicide-by-cop by throwing rocks at them and people in cars), and the cops in my town (Kennewick) are pretty responsive. But the WinCo is near all those apartments I mentioned a couple posts above, so I imagine there's a certain class of people that lives there that believes the store owes them a free meal every few days. However, I never see anyone walking out without paying. Just doesn't seem to happen much, if at all...

Last Edited:
1676082534549.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews