JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions

egariousImmediateAllensbigearedbat-size_restricted.gif

Citibank is only the newest bank to be ejected out of the Texas municipal bond market. Before them... JP morgan chase and Bank of America were tossed out on their arses for anti-gun policies.

What's that saying? "Go woke and don't let the doorknob hit you in the gluteus"(?) Sumthin like that....

1676018137829.png

1676018370688.png

Last Edited:
Same reason I won't get a Citi card from Costco
I hope a LOT of not only gun owners but people who want freedom will pay attention to this. "Some things" we have little real choice in. Concast is a great example. I use them as there is pretty much (yet) no real competition. Now things like a Credit Card? LOT"S of choices. I kicked Citi to the curb a LONG time ago long before this. They did something I did not like so I dumped them. If a LOT of people kick Citi to the curb stock holders will have a say with the people who want to play woke games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Citi CC through Costco. I had some fraud that was a little tougher to fix than normal. Eventually it got fixed, but they wasted a lot of my time and had really poor CS. I told them they would have to work incredibly hard to keep me as a customer. Their response was "we really don't care if you leave". I'll take my 3.5% profits to them each time I swipe elsewhere.

I hope a LOT of not only gun owners but people who want freedom will pay attention to this. "Some things" we have little real choice in. Concast is a great example. I use them as there is pretty much (yet) no real competition. Now things like a Credit Card? LOT"S of choices. I kicked Citi to the curb a LONG time ago long before this. They did something I did not like so I dumped them. If a LOT of people kick Citi to the curb stock holders will have a say with the people who want to play woke games.
There are 1000s of people dropping Comcast daily. Dropped cable and satellite years ago. There is other internet service providerers, Streaming is the way to go for entertainment. Many streaming services provides 100s of free TV viewings. Many streaming services, like Netflix, HBO, Discovery, Amazon Prime, free with membership, and etc, average 10.00 per month for each. Pay for what you want to watch not pay for nothing to watch.
I understand Comcast does provide other services that customer wants and need. However, in some areas, customers are stuck with Comcast because of lack of competition.

I had a Citi CC about 10 years ago that I put a lot of charges on while travelling overseas for work. I paid off the balance every month, thanks to the Foreign Earned Income Tax Credit on the ungodly amount of money I was making in AFG, so I paid no interest to Citibank. After repatriation in 2015 and back to normal pay and tax ramifications, I got a call from Citi CS in 2016... Essentially, they said they were going to unilaterally cancel my card, and I wanted to know why. The conversation went something like this:

Them: "Well, it seems we could make better use of the credit we extend to our customers if we were to offer that credit to someone else..."
Me: "So, you're cancelling my card and punishing me because I pay off my balance every month. Is that accurate?"
Them: "Well, that's not really why---"
Me: "Oh, yes, it is! I know your game. I have an 840 credit score credit because I don't buy more crap than I can pay for, and I pay that balance off every month. But because I do that, you don't get any interest from me. But you want to give my $50,000 credit line to some poor schmuck who's gonna get his bubblegum so deep in debt you'll own him like a slave for the rest of his miserable life. I get it. I get that's how you make your money. But punishing me for following all the rules for building good credit seems a might disingenuous to me, don't you think?"
Them: "Well, we're going to cancel your card anyway, so---"
Me: "No. No, you're not. Because I'm cancelling my card on you! Today! Right now! And I want my credit reports to read, "CARD CLOSED BY CONSUMER" or some such wording that I know the Big Three use to show the account was closed by me, not you! And I'll be watching for that, because I actually do check my credit reports more than just once a year."

It was so satisfying to kill a card on them. And that was only the first of two cards I killed that way. I think CHASE was the other one that called a couple months later and started off with the same spiel. So I killed them right then and there on the call. I don't much cotton to such bullshiit from credit card companies...

Last Edited:
I had a Citi CC about 10 years ago that I put a lot of charges on while travelling overseas for work. I paid off the balance every month, thanks to the Foreign Earned Income Tax Credit on the ungodly amount of money I was making in AFG, so I paid no interest to Citibank. After repatriation in 2015 and back to normal pay and tax ramifications, I got a call from Citi CS in 2016... Essentially, they said they were going to unilaterally cancel my card, and I wanted to know why. The conversation went something like this:

Them: "Well, it seems we could make better use of the credit we extend to our customers if we were to offer that credit to someone else..."
Me: "So, you're cancelling my card and punishing me because I pay off my balance every month. Is that accurate?"
Me: "Oh, yes, it is! I know your game. I have an 840 credit score credit because I don't buy more crap than I can pay for, and I pay that balance off every month. But because I do that, you don't get any interest from me. But you want to give my $50,000 credit line to some poor schmuck who's gonna get his bubblegum so deep in debt you'll own him like a slave for the rest of his miserable life. I get it. I get that's how you make your money. But punishing me for following all the rules for building good credit seems a might disingenuous to me, don't you think?"
Me: "No. No, you're not. Because I'm cancelling my card on you! Today! Right now! And I want my credit reports to read, "CARD CLOSED BY CONSUMER" or some such wording that I know the Big Three use to show the account was closed by the consumer. And I'll be watching for that, because I actually do check my credit reports more than just once a year."

It was so satisfying to kill a card on them. And that was only the first of two cards I killed that way. I think CHASE was the other one that called a couple months later with and started off with the same spiel. So I killed them right then and there on the call. I don't much cotton to such bullshiit from credit card companies...
They get 3.5% every time you swipe for vendor fees. I have a little over $100 cash back already from buying that range, so I won't be able to cancel it until next year. Card is locked and I'm not using it :s0140:

Me: "No. No, you're not. Because I'm cancelling my card on you! Today! Right now! And I want my credit reports to read, "CARD CLOSED BY CONSUMER" or some such wording that I know the Big Three use to show the account was closed by the consumer. And I'll be watching for that, because I actually do check my credit reports more than just once a year."

It was so satisfying to kill a card on them. And that was only the first of two cards I killed that way. I think CHASE was the other one that called a couple months later with and started off with the same spiel. So I killed them right then and there on the call. I don't much cotton to such bullshiit from credit card companies...
Interesting. Been paying the balance off every month for 15 years and never had that happen to me.

They do keep wanting me to update my income so they can give me a higher credit limit, but I am not going to tell them that I now have one third the income I had when I first got the card.

Streaming is the way to go for entertainment.
Probably coming from someone who has more than 4 mbps dowload speed. :( Man would I love to dump DISH. Unfortunately, I can't get a single channel over the air and my Centurylink internet speed is pathetic out in the country. There are some other service providers that are getting closer to me.

I have one and use it almost exclusively. I pay it off every month and collect the rewards. They lost $1150 last year to have me as a customer.

I'll probably buy a gun.
I do the same thing with my REI credit card. Back when I was really active in climbing, mountaineering, skiing, and just outdoor stuff in general (before the botched knee operation), I would spend tons of money on gear and trips using that card. They give me a 5% / 3% / 1% cash rebate reward every month. The 5% is on REI purchases, 3% on certain other "partner" purchases, and 1% on everything else. With the amount of money I put on that card (and pay off fully every month), I get a reward check in the low four-digits at the end of the year, much like you...

Now, if you know anything about REI, you'll know that they are virulently anti-2A. And at the behest of their rabidly anti-2A consumer base, REI even dropped their contracts with Vista Outdoor, a major supplier of outdoor equipment, to include a shiit-ton of stuff for the shooting sports. But unbeknownst to the hordes of 2A-antis that demanded REI dump Vista, REI quietly renewed their contracts with Vista after all the hullabaloo quieted down, so as not to re-upset The Mob.

Anyway... REI sends me a check for over $1,000 every year, which I use exclusively to buy guns and shooting stuff. It does my heart good to know that, as much as REI hates guns and the 2A, they pay me to buy those same guns, ammo, and shooting gear that they hate so damned much. It's such a win-win for me: I get free guns that they hate, and I get to piss them off while getting them! ... :)

Last Edited:
Probably coming from someone who has more than 4 mbps dowload speed. :( Man would I love to dump DISH. Unfortunately, I can't get a single channel over the air and my Centurylink internet speed is pathetic out in the country. There are some other service providers that are getting closer to me.
@The Heretic has StarLink. He seems to be pretty happy with it. Mebbe he'll jump in with some good beta for ya...

Interesting. Been paying the balance off every month for 15 years and never had that happen to me.
What's your credit limit? They had extended a whopping $50,000 limit to me for a number of years. But then, they never made any interest on that limit. I suspect that's what put the burr under their saddle.
They do keep wanting me to update my income so they can give me a higher credit limit, but I am not going to tell them that I now have one third the income I had when I first got the card.
Don't do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are 1000s of people dropping Comcast daily. Dropped cable and satellite years ago. There is other internet service providerers, Streaming is the way to go for entertainment. Many streaming services provides 100s of free TV viewings. Many streaming services, like Netflix, HBO, Discovery, Amazon Prime, free with membership, and etc, average 10.00 per month for each. Pay for what you want to watch not pay for nothing to watch.
I understand Comcast does provide other services that customer wants and need. However, in some areas, customers are stuck with Comcast because of lack of competition.
We only use concast for net service not their cable. So far there is no other choice here. The city offers a nice alternative but we are still just outside of their area. If they annex us in I would GLADLY have them again and they are actually cheaper on top of better. Some cell stuff is supposed to be "getting there" but so far its not here yet. I could of course just drop having the net and go with over the air TV and use just our phones for the net but, only willing to give up so much here. When someone comes along who will offer net service at the bandwidth the speed concast does here? I will gladly sign up. The reason concast is so often so bad is they are the only real choice in a lot of areas. We lived in the city when they wired the place for their own fiber. Until then there was one choice there and it sucked big time. Every time they were asked about improvements they "claimed" there were working on it but it would take many years. City came in and ran their own and amazingly in a VERY short time the other Co was suddenly able to do FAR better. Competition tends to work very well. :D

This is what I mean. We could cut cable TV off long ago because we have access to fiber net. If you don't have that kind of bandwidth streaming is not much fun. I keep hearing that Elon's thing is getting better and better. Tech moves as a very fast pace now so more people will soon have choices. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top