JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The best part about open floorplans is the ability to have enough distance to pie effectively. Once you are in hallways and such, it becomes far more difficult. The article covers using varying heights and that is definitely a good idea. Don't make your head predictable.

Another thing to think about is how to clear the house where you're not giving back the real estate you just gained.

Takes 5 or 6 days and thousands of rounds to train a team to do that (day n night) LFX.

At home/by yourself is a totally different dynamic; the occupant has a choice to clear rooms for one; not so if you're an LEO or military, you go through the fatal funnels when told.

Sharing one man clearing techniques on an open forum is irresponsible...IMO.

One word:

FLASHBANGS!!!!

It works on video games:p.

Honestly, I still think for civies the best training you can get is on a paintball field. Just my 2¢.

281636m2_ts.jpg

I agree, more flashbangs, and the girls to go with. More friendlies in a gunfight are always more gooder :D The after party would be quite fun too.

worst thing you can do is clear your home.

every time the topic comes up the inevitable point comes up "what if"...

and for that I like this Thunder Ranch video by Clint Smith, 4 minutes of great advice on the matter.

bottom line, if you haven't taken a class on it then avoid it at all cost. Sure you can read about it, then maybe even practice it... but for the average person (who probably never trains anyways) there are other ways to read about to mitigate the problem like barricading or even leaving out the window. Consider clearing your house the worst case scenario.

Cocker spaniel will tell me right where the bad guy is at. And I know every stud in this old house I know right where to shoot through if need be. Plus the house just isn't that complicated.

One thing to do if you can , while looking or peeking around a corner is to lay the floor...Most folks are watching at chest or head heighth ...yes your view may be limited or obstructed ...but a bullet to the face or chest can cause you obstructions as well....:eek:
Andy

I don't be clearing no house! I'm not SWAT! I'm sealing the hallway with #4 Buck from concealment. Now that I'm older and sick I give thanks for cell phones so I can call 911 from wherever I am! I live in inner NE PDX so police response is probably the fastest and best in the region! :D
Now, I have cleared the house a couple of times way back! No one there, and I had big, aggressive dogs to lead the way. I had Rosco, a big rangey Rottweiler and a great dog but stairs freaked him out completely! This was bad because the basement has an access door and I felt really exposed on the stairs. Besides that we've lived here for 40 years and I know every inch, in the dark and every squeaking floorboard. I can move through the place like a cat but I'm not gonna!
"911?" "Send the police, the NG and the Marine Corps, Hurry!!!" ;)

In my mind right or wrong good or bad i will clear my house. I refuse to let someone think they can come in and own the place
My wife will be in the bedroom barricaded in with a cell phone and her pistol. I will be going from room to room with bad intent to any intruder. I hope I never have to do this.

In my mind right or wrong good or bad i will clear my house. I refuse to let someone think they can come in and own the place
My wife will be in the bedroom barricaded in with a cell phone and her pistol. I will be going from room to room with bad intent to any intruder. I hope I never have to do this.

Is that what your going to say when they ask you in court why you left the safety of your bedroom?

I couldn't care less if you do or don't clear your house.
But you need to train, so if you are placed in a position that you have no alternative, you have experience with all the tools and technology available to give you the upper hand!!!!!!!

Sheldon

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR