Washington How Seattle Leftists Learned to Love the Gun

Discussion in 'Firearm-Related News' started by Joe Link, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Joe Link

Joe Link
    Portland, OR
    Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

How Seattle Leftists Learned to Love the Gun | Seattle Weekly

Flymph, awshoot, Ura-Ki and 1 other person like this.
  2. Wayne

Wayne
    Near Tacoma

If you like to read fiction you need to read the whole article, as I sit here shaking my head and asking myself, where in the world do these people come from ?

Tully Mars, bbbass, partsed and 4 others like this.
  3. MilitantBEEMER

MilitantBEEMER
    Eugene
    Refugee from the People's Republic of Illinois Gold Supporter

Wow these people really are wackos....

“My wife and I have had deep conversations about this. She’s against them, and she very astutely pointed out that gun violence disproportionately falls on women. I agree with that,” Sawada says. “This feeling of insecurity and my response to it is part of the patriarchal system.”

WTF!!!

Tully Mars, bbbass, 3MTA3 and 2 others like this.
  4. UserNameInUse

UserNameInUse
    SW WA

People will start getting shot for driving a pickup truck instead of a Prius.

Tully Mars, DunRanull, bbbass and 6 others like this.
  5. The Heretic

The Heretic
    Oregon

It is interesting that when the left talks about violence they point to the far far "alt-right"/etc. (which has its share of wackos and violence) but do not mention anything about the riots and violence that the left has participated in, or about their rhetoric of violence. They are silent in that respect, turning a blind eye and deaf ear to it most of the time, and when confronted with it, then try to say it is justified as defensive.

As a Libertarian, I deplore the violence of both sides, asserting violence should only be used in defense. In general, when there is violence from the far right, it is usually a wacko individual, when it is from the left, it is mobs.

The latter scare me a lot more - the chances that I will encounter violence from an individual is much smaller than that from a mob when I work near downtown PDX.

Tully Mars, nammac, bbbass and 7 others like this.
  6. MasterChief1

MasterChief1
    ID

7. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu
    Oregon
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

What a bunch of sweetie pies! :eek:

Tully Mars, nammac, bbbass and 5 others like this.
  8. GOG

GOG
    State of Jefferson
    Silver Supporter Silver Supporter

I'm gobsmacked. That's some of the most insane, PC, socially self conscious BS I have ever encountered.

If the left weren't so maladjusted and evil they would be hilarious.

Tully Mars, nammac, bbbass and 5 others like this.
  9. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Its already one level below that. In Portland. If you park your car and it has a Trump or Bush bumper sticker on it, expect to find some sort of vandalism done to it when you return. However I think the majority of these lefty yahoos are so afraid of the word "gun" that it likely won't get to the next level. Hopefully not anyway, but it only takes one.
    (Edited my spell chek-ur)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  10. wired

wired
    Yakima

I don't deplore violence. Its an ancient and sometimes necessary means of expression and control. If leftists are feeling targeted then good for them for learning about the other amendments to the US Constitution. Maybe its a habit they'll learn they cannot live without.

Tully Mars, bbbass, Flymph and 6 others like this.
  11. Hop Sing

Hop Sing
    Yamhill County

It's my understanding that firearms are the newest fad for lefties. I don't know any as I don't go to Portland - just picking this info off off various web sites.

12. awshoot

awshoot
    Bellingham

I'm a lefty from a lefty family and I've also been around firearms my entire life. In a lot of ways, it seems a little Constitutionally incorrect (I think that is the most diplomatic way to put it) to suggest that certain people should not have firearms. Everyone should have the same rights and opportunities under our Constitution.

Ideological opponents always think the other side is made up of freaks, losers, and whack-jobs. The people in the article referenced certainly think that about some of you (and me - maybe even more so because I'm traitor to their side), just as you do toward them. And everyone is free to think that -- just don't trample anyone's rights in the process.

Anyway, I see it as a positive sign for gun rights -- if those most inclined to restrict guns become gun owners, the 2nd Amendment ultimately wins.

Goosebrown, Flymph, Hop Sing and 2 others like this.
  13. Squidly

Squidly
    Sandy

I don't really identify with either side, but I will take sides with those who take the Constitution seriously. The choices are slim, and sometimes you have to take what you can get... In all, I agree that if more lefties valued the natural right to bear arms, we would have much less to fight over.

bbbass, Goosebrown, Flymph and 3 others like this.
  14. STUKA

STUKA
    Near Milwaukie
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2016 Volunteer 2017 Volunteer

Best post I've read in awhile.

tarster, Joe Link, Goosebrown and 4 others like this.
  15. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

So an armed society is a polite society then? I'm good with that.

Tully Mars, tarster, bbbass and 6 others like this.
  16. Flymph

Flymph
    Oregon

Right on!
    I can't say I'm not exploiting my liberal buddies' fear of the trump administration and alt-right-extremists new found emboldening to advocate to them our gun rights... but hey, at least they're opening up to guns.
    What's funny is that some people think I'm a republican because I support free reasonable restriction to guns (aka felons and psychopaths are reasonably restricted from legal access).
    I also don't vote democrat.
    I'm so far left, I'm right! lol

awshoot likes this.
  17. PaulB47

PaulB47
    Hillsboro

"empower" That is a word that just sounds stupid. If you have to be "empowered", you probably don't really have any.

Tully Mars, STUKA and MasterChief1 like this.
  18. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

What a strange article.
    I do like hearing of new gun owners ... But I dislike hearing about fear being a motive when buying a gun.
    Being fearful can make one do dangerous and irrational acts.

One does not become less fearful because one has a gun ... One becomes less fearful because one understands and learns to control ones environment.

I do hope the new gun owners in the article learn to use their gun safely and proficiently.
    Otherwise they have only taken a unsupported step in learning to control their environment.
    Andy

19. 3MTA3

3MTA3
    Western Oregon
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Maybe they will meet us at the range and we find out that neither is the caricature we each think the other one is.

20. AndyinEverson

AndyinEverson
    Everson, Wa.
    Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

That would be a good day indeed...
    Andy