JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I remember not having a TV set until I was 7, we inherited from my grandmother who passed away in 1957. Still the TV stations only broadcasted 7 hours a day. Still have the cabinet the Packard Bell TV was housed in, more like fine furniture with doors and fancy handles. I am one of the older ones here at 66.

I remember having to wait for the television,the radio and the radio in the car to warm up before you could use them. On occasion, going to check tubes and buy replacements. Here's a tune I hope you will enjoy.

Growing up had a phone that had a dial and a TV antenna on the roof that my dad would have to go up and adjust every now and then oh and let's not forget had a go-cart and could buy a gallon of gas for 89 cents

Growing up had a phone that had a dial and a TV antenna on the roof that my dad would have to go up and adjust every now and then oh and let's not forget had a go-cart and could buy a gallon of gas for 89 cents
Your not to old then. I saw .79 gas in 1992 in Kansas City. Might of been cheaper out there.

And 89 cents was high because we lived in the desert out of town in town it was 63 cents then came the oil shortatage because we depend on the Muslim world lol could only get gas on certain days and the world was going to s#!+ yep I'm kinda old but not to old I see a future of me running and gunning in the streets lol OH IT'S COMING MY FRIENDS

Oh I can remember when we got are frost TV that had a remote lol my dad saved for a year for that TV that was the size of a Volkswagen lol took Three guy's to get it in the house

So even though my dad tried to stay up with technology back then we got new TV and a VCR and moved from 8 track to cassette then CD player when he came to my house I was showing him my guns lol guess what he said YEP YOU GUESSED IT HE ASK ME IF I HAD A 1911 LOL WELL I JUST BOUGHT ONE SO NEXT TIME HE COMES I CAN SHOW HIM LOL HEHEH

What the hell is that?!?!

You don't know an original Black & White test pattern when you see one? These were often used when a station was preparing to go on the air in order to make certain that the video equipment is properly calibrated and the picture would be in focus as well as without distortion.

Working at a television station teaches you these things.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top