JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son claims that I myself am older than dirt but younger than the oceans. Old enough to remember getting our first TV and moving the radio out of the living room to make room for it. I recall seeing Hopalong Cassidy, Gene Autry, Roy Rogers and Wagon Train on that TV for the very first time. I remember the rule for playing outside all day was to be back in the house when the street lights went on. Ah, the halcyon days of youth. I am about to smash full head long into my 68th year. 'Tis true that the energy of youth is wasted on the very young.

IMG_6105.JPG

Dad won our first Silvertone Television (sold by Sears & Roebuck) in 1955 while stationed at Tongue Point Naval Station He won it in a station-wide raffle. We watched that old 21" black & white set until 1962 when he bought a bigger (24") black & white set. In 1966, he bought our first Color television set... a Zenith.

Talk about memories!

Last Edited:
Dad won our first Silvertone Television (sold by Sears & Roebuck) in 1955 while stationed at Tongue Point Naval Station He won it in a station-wide raffle. We watched that old 21" black& white set until 1964 when he bought a bigger (24") black & white set. In 1966, he bought our first Color television set a Zenith.

Talk about memories!

I remember as a little guy we had a B&W tabletop Zenith that had the "ultra sonic" remote....

I also remember when a Curtiss-Mathis 25" (big ol' honkin' wood console) was the shizo-manizo....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top