JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My son just turned 18, and my daughter turned 16 on patriot day(yep she was born that day)... The realization that I now have an adult offspring was more of a shock to me than turning 40.

I remember having to wait for the television,the radio and the radio in the car to warm up before you could use them. On occasion, going to check tubes and buy replacements. Here's a tune I hope you will enjoy.

I remember when he was still doing the bars in Scottsdale and just getting started on the radio. That's before Willie took him under his wing!
Our first phone that I remember was one with the microphone was in the top of a long black stand and the ear piece was on a long cord and had a place where you hung it up, which is where the term Hang up came from.
No dialing either you had to tell the operator the number you wanted to reach.
When you took the earpiece off the rest she would come on the line and ask "Number please", we were on a party line and everyone on our line had individual rings such as 2 short and one long etc. it was great fun to eaves drop when someone else was on the line. It was a PITA if you had really gabby ones when you had to make an important call and they wouldn't hang up so you could get thru. Usually a pair of old biddies with nothing better to do.
Things could get ugly because everyone knew each other.
Gabby

Last Edited:
Old enough to remember carrying an AR-15 in the rifle rack of my pickup and only veterans or AD personnel knew what it was....

Same here! I remember driving all around Portland (day & night) with a Colt AR-15 and one of those three Mossberg 500's you may have seen in past photos held in a two-gun mount in the back window of my '83 Toyota SR5 long-bed 4x4....

Mercy, mercy me.... things just aren't what they used to be! :rolleyes:

I am over the hill and picking up speed

That's 'cuz it's all downhill from there! ;)

Here's yer trophy!

IMG_4678.JPG

You don't know an original Black & White test pattern when you see one? These were often used when a station was preparing to go on the air in order to make certain that the video equipment is properly calibrated and the picture would be in focus as well as without distortion.

Working at a television station teaches you these things.

I used to watch a broadcast test pattern almost every day from the time I got home from school until TV went on the air at 4 pm. Also remember when gas was $.19 a galllon, by the time I started driving it was $.28 a gallon.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top