JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I just got this SKS and I am trying to figure out how old it is. In picture one I have the only number sets I can find. It starts with three Chinese characters then inside brackets [0138] then 7701889 P. I've done some research but I can't figure anything out. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

100_5005.jpg 100_5003.jpg

100_5005.jpg

100_5006.jpg

100_5003.jpg

100_5004.jpg

Well...its Chinese. Prepare for continued frustration. Since its not a rifle from Factory 26, of which we in the US have exact serial numbers for, then there is no real accurate way to date it. You can guestimate an approximate decade of manufacture by looking at certain features, but even then its iffy. Identifying such things the presence or absence of a barrel lug, whether the trigger guard is stamped or milled, and the markings on the rear sight leaf are some of the ways to whittle it down somewhat. Here is a website to help: Yooper John's Gun Information .

Where is your magazine?

Keith

Mag is locked in the bedroom, loaded. I took it all apart and all the numbers match. I looked at that site a little, guess I will have to investigate some more.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top