JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
After several weeks of carrying I'm noticing lint buildup on the inside of my glock and on the outside around the muzzle. No huge pieces or anything, but if I look closely at the inside of the slide, I can see small fibers everywhere, especially on the oiled surfaces.

I'm sure this is normal, especially since I'm carrying IWB with a holster that leaves some of the slide exposed (so my shirt/coat is rubbing against the slide), but it's still probably not great for the gun to have all that junk in there.

This brings me to my question. How often do you clean/check the gun that you carry on a daily basis?

I clean mine on a weekly basis. Nothing spectacular, but to fix the same problem, cleaning the lint/particles that build up. I also clean out the inside of the mag body (since it usually resides in a pocket).

i clean mine after any serious range session (400+ rounds)
otherwise, if you plan to shoot it a long time, don't wear out the barrel with unnecessarily cleaning. drop oil where it needs to be and keep it lubed.

Probably once a month if I haven't shot it but that rarely ever happens. I shoot my guns often enough that I can't say I've ever gone a month without cleaning. A round or 50 into the hillside every now and then keeps the Zombies at bay. :D

I wipe it down a couple of times a week and clean it after every range trip. Some visual inspection time to time never hurts, either. If you trust your life to your carry gun, and you do, taking care of it becomes an automatic.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top