JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just skimming through some of the numerous threads here recently, especially any involving politics, there seems to be a quite a few people on this forum that are so angry, intolerant, and high strung, that I honestly don't even know why they're here. Words of advice and wisdom are few and far between from these posters, and if anything, it seems like they're just here to argue, bash liberals, atheists, and anyone who doesn't believe everything they believe. It seems a lot of people here would benefit greatly from anger management classes, and it's not hard to see why gun owners get such a bad rap if some of you think/act in real life the way you do here.

I get accused of being a troll quite frequently, and other than a totally awesome sense of humor, I'm really not sure why. I'm a laid back dude, I don't bother anyone, I don't try and force my opinions on anyone, and I rarely ever post to any thread having to do with politics, because it'd be just as worthwhile to stick my head up my butt and gargle feces as it would to try and get a point across to people who seem so angry all the time.

So, how many of you are as high strung and angry in real life as you are here? Is the rest of your family/friends sick to death of listening to you rant about your backwards politics at home, and so you've decided that NWFA would make a great soapbox to run your mouth to a different set of people who still more than likely could care less what you have to say? Were you not breast fed as babies? The weather has been fairly mild, so you can't blame that as the reason you're so angry and miserable.

It's a shame too. I haven't been at NWFA for a very long time, but just in the short amount of time that I have, I've noticed a serious decline in the courtesy and quality of posts here. There was a thread not too long ago were someone was asking if they considered local forums more friendly than national forums. At one time, I would've said NWFA was pretty friendly, but anymore, I won't even recommend it to other gun enthusiasts because some of the frequent posters on here are so polarizing to most of the people I know (friendly and sane), that it would basically be a waste of their time.

I also think that if the people who run this site want it to continue to grow and flourish, they might consider limiting some of downright stupidity that goes on in some of these threads with regards to politics.

Anyway, this is going to be my last post at NWFA anywhere outside of the classifieds (unless I get banned from posting there or something). You can go ahead and reply and tell me how wrong, stupid, or misguided I am, but the fact of the matter is, I don't care. I've met some decent people off here, and I'm sure that most of you are probably good, decent people. But, there's enough of you bad apples spoiling this site, that it's honestly not worth the time, and I more than likely wouldn't like you or want to be around you in real life either.

Sincerely,
A gun loving liberal (or "libtard", as some of you so eloquently refer to them as)

I'm a lot more impulsive in person. Online, I'm usually able to think for a few moments before clicking "post."

As far as the political threads here are concerned, I just stay out of the ones that get my blood pressure up. Easy as that.

A man has to know his limitations :s0114::s0114::s0114: If people can't handle disscussion when it isn't face to face then I wonder how they do when it is face to face.

Over a cup of coffee or on the computor I enjoy conversation from an intelligent person. It makes a real difference that they have thought out the positition they take and believe what they are saying. Seems most people just want to pass on the spin they have heard and don't think about what they are saying.

Better to not get involved if you have no foundation of truth to speak from.

jj

This thread needed to happen...

If you work down to the classifieds, I can show you about 5 handguns, that I have given the peeps my phone number and never gotten a call, and or just BS banter, no intention of selling...maybe they need attention or something....

I met a guy that posts here, telling me of how peeps aways sell their firearms for retail, he has his listed above retail.

Hate to say this, but many peeps that just can't make it in the world are right here, hiding behind avatars, getting away with silliness, because they can...

Sockpuppet account deleted

Just skimming through some of the numerous threads here recently, especially any involving politics, there seems to be a quite a few people on this forum that are so angry, intolerant, and high strung, that I honestly don't even know why they're here. Words of advice and wisdom are few and far between from these posters, and if anything, it seems like they're just here to argue, bash liberals, atheists, and anyone who doesn't believe everything they believe. It seems a lot of people here would benefit greatly from anger management classes, and it's not hard to see why gun owners get such a bad rap if some of you think/act in real life the way you do here.

I get accused of being a troll quite frequently, and other than a totally awesome sense of humor, I'm really not sure why. I'm a laid back dude, I don't bother anyone, I don't try and force my opinions on anyone, and I rarely ever post to any thread having to do with politics, because it'd be just as worthwhile to stick my head up my butt and gargle feces as it would to try and get a point across to people who seem so angry all the time.

So, how many of you are as high strung and angry in real life as you are here? Is the rest of your family/friends sick to death of listening to you rant about your backwards politics at home, and so you've decided that NWFA would make a great soapbox to run your mouth to a different set of people who still more than likely could care less what you have to say? Were you not breast fed as babies? The weather has been fairly mild, so you can't blame that as the reason you're so angry and miserable.

It's a shame too. I haven't been at NWFA for a very long time, but just in the short amount of time that I have, I've noticed a serious decline in the courtesy and quality of posts here. There was a thread not too long ago were someone was asking if they considered local forums more friendly than national forums. At one time, I would've said NWFA was pretty friendly, but anymore, I won't even recommend it to other gun enthusiasts because some of the frequent posters on here are so polarizing to most of the people I know (friendly and sane), that it would basically be a waste of their time.

I also think that if the people who run this site want it to continue to grow and flourish, they might consider limiting some of downright stupidity that goes on in some of these threads with regards to politics.

Anyway, this is going to be my last post at NWFA anywhere outside of the classifieds (unless I get banned from posting there or something). You can go ahead and reply and tell me how wrong, stupid, or misguided I am, but the fact of the matter is, I don't care. I've met some decent people off here, and I'm sure that most of you are probably good, decent people. But, there's enough of you bad apples spoiling this site, that it's honestly not worth the time, and I more than likely wouldn't like you or want to be around you in real life either.

Sincerely,
A gun loving liberal (or "libtard", as some of you so eloquently refer to them as)
Hey brudda! If being ticked off about what the lefties are trying to do to my country, outspoken about illegal immigration, outrageous overtaxation, confiscation of private wealth, and giving it to bums, flag burners, small minded liberals that can't see beyond what the commie professors tell them to think, then yes. I'm cranky.
Why are'nt you?? Do you sleep with your head in a bag? Greydog. P.S. Read the next post about the queen of libs, Pelosi, saying it is cheaper to treat drug addiciton than stopping smugglers. WTF?

Last Edited:
The problem as I see it really rests with a very small group of people who's only purpose in posting on some threads seems to be to try to pick a fight with someone or belittle someone with whom they disagree. We can disagree and still be civil, or maybe some folks can't.

As another said, this thread needed to happen.

The problem as I see it really rests with a very small group of people who's only purpose in posting on some threads seems to be to try to pick a fight with someone or belittle someone with whom they disagree. We can disagree and still be civil, or maybe some folks can't.

As another said, this thread needed to happen.

Since all the threads are watched by moderators how can you say they become uncivil? People post their opinions. You may not like what you read but they have the same rights that you do to post opinions. Some people have their opinions more thought out than others so sure feelings will be hurt when opinions posted haven't been thought out by everyone.

Just like the remote on a TV you have the right to move on and get other opinions that agree with yours. Not much growth in living life that way but some people just can't handle challenge to their opinion so they claim life is unfair.

There are those who box and those who just watch boxing, men should learn what they can do so they don't get their feelers hurt:D:D

jj

Since all the threads are watched by moderators how can you say they become uncivil? People post their opinions. You may not like what you read but they have the same rights that you do to post opinions. Some people have their opinions more thought out than others so sure feelings will be hurt when opinions posted haven't been thought out by everyone.

Just like the remote on a TV you have the right to move on and get other opinions that agree with yours. Not much growth in living life that way but some people just can't handle challenge to their opinion so they claim life is unfair.

There are those who box and those who just watch boxing, men should learn what they can do so they don't get their feelers hurt:D:D

jj

Just because the threads are moderated doesn't mean they don't get uncivil from time to time. I just think the anonymity afforded by the internet leads some people to act and speak in ways that they wouldn't in public. I have no problem with people posting opinions I disagree with. What would be the fun in only talking to people you agree with? That being said if you don't think some of the conversations held here get uncivil from time to time then I guess you and I define civility in different ways. :)

it seems like they're just here to argue, bash liberals, atheists, and anyone who doesn't believe everything they believe.

LOL. That seems like a one sided analysis of things. There has been just as much crap from liberals on here as there has been from conservatives.

Politics are a heated topic of discussion, but a important one. If you don't like it, it is very easy just not to click on political posts. They are pretty easy to spot. I think this is a friendly site. I just think that political discussions can get heated because there is a lot riding on the outcome of things, including our gun rights.

In person, I am a pretty nice guy overall, but I don't typically have people disrespect the American Flag or something else like that in my presence. I will stand up for my country, and citizens rights in person or online.

Just because the threads are moderated doesn't mean they don't get uncivil from time to time. I just think the anonymity afforded by the internet leads some people to act and speak in ways that they wouldn't in public. I have no problem with people posting opinions I disagree with. What would be the fun in only talking to people you agree with? That being said if you don't think some of the conversations held here get uncivil from time to time then I guess you and I define civility in different ways. :)

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Being a construction worker all my life has made me see people in a different light I guess. Being polite isn't a key factor if polite doesn't let the truth come out. I bet most of the people here get worse words from family than the moderated words that come from NWF:s0112::s0112:

People choose a side and take a stand. If they can't hold up to the side they took then maybe they need to use their head a little and figure out the truth. Opinions vary just like people. Some people live their opinion and voice it when they can. I have respect for those who at least have an opinion, even if it's wrong:s0112::s0112:

jj

:s0112::s0112::s0112: Being a construction worker all my life has made me see people in a different light I guess. Being polite isn't a key factor if polite doesn't let the truth come out. I bet most of the people here get worse words from family than the moderated words that come from NWF:s0112::s0112:

People choose a side and take a stand. If they can't hold up to the side they took then maybe they need to use their head a little and figure out the truth. Opinions vary just like people. Some people live their opinion and voice it when they can. I have respect for those who at least have an opinion, even if it's wrong:s0112::s0112:

jj

My father was a Master Sargeant in the Army. I grew up listening to someone with strong opinions. Many of them to do with the length of my hair at the time. :s0114: I don't think he knew what to think of me. I was a long haired guitar playing rock musician that was also a registered Republican and member of the NRA. Guess that's why I like Uncle Ted so much. :s0112:

My father was a Master Sargeant in the Army. I grew up listening to someone with strong opinions. Many of them to do with the length of my hair at the time. :s0114: I don't think he knew what to think of me. I was a long haired guitar playing rock musician that was also a registered Republican and member of the NRA. Guess that's why I like Uncle Ted so much. :s0112:

:D I wonder if I am older than Ted Nugent:s0112::s0112: ahhh it matters not:s0131:

Opinions exspressed here or anywhere depend on the life of those stateing them. The background of the man will pretty much tell you what he thinks so of course people are going to challenge the opinions when they find out the mans background. Who would care about the opinion of a criminal when it comes to punishment? Who would care about the opinion of a state worker if he is for raising our taxes to keep his job?

Being laid back in politics is the sign of a lazy man who is self centered and doesn't care for his country. Men who would run from internet politics wouldn't be the kind who would make a real difference in real life. I have no friends that won't take a stand. Just opinions of course:s0112::s0112:

jj

:D I wonder if I am older than Ted Nugent:s0112::s0112: ahhh it matters not:s0131:

Opinions exspressed here or anywhere depend on the life of those stateing them. The background of the man will pretty much tell you what he thinks so of course people are going to challenge the opinions when they find out the mans background. Who would care about the opinion of a criminal when it comes to punishment? Who would care about the opinion of a state worker if he is for raising our taxes to keep his job?

Being laid back in politics is the sign of a lazy man who is self centered and doesn't care for his country. Men who would run from internet politics wouldn't be the kind who would make a real difference in real life. I have no friends that won't take a stand. Just opinions of course:s0112::s0112:

jj

Haha. I have a feeling we agree more on things than we disagree. We just express if differently. :D

There are at least a few factors involved:

The anonymity of forum participation means there is little or no fear of real accountability for one's words. This allows a person's true character to come out, whether they are abusive or civil.

Communication between two people is difficult enough when they are face-to-face and share a common language and culture. Trying to communicate effectively and accurately through text is even harder. It gets worse when you add a few things like: the people reading your text have never met you; they read your text looking for conflict instead of comprehension; posts are spit out in short blurbs because nobody (myself included) wants to read an eight-paragraph manifesto on any topic; some people have a LOT of trouble expressing their thoughts in writing; crappy grammar/spelling that no one can make heads or tails of, and no one dares criticize in any way for fear of being labeled a "grammar nazi."

With me what you see is what you get. I am not an emotional guy. If its not life or death it’s not worth getting worked up over. I worry about my Wife and Daughter, that’s it. I look at life with a sense of humor and an understanding that everyone has opinions and the freedom to express them. To me it’s nothing more than that. People get emotional about Politics and Religion and no matter how silly I think it is they have the right to voice there opinions and I have the freedom to listen or not.

Personally I joined and support NWFA because it’s local and is a great resource for me. That said I doubt you will see me getting too involved with politics and defiantly not religion. That’s not what I signed up for. But to those that joined to rant on those subjects knock your self out.:)

With me what you see is what you get. I am not an emotional guy. If its not life or death it’s not worth getting worked up over. I worry about my Wife and Daughter, that’s it. I look at life with a sense of humor and an understanding that everyone has opinions and the freedom to express them. To me it’s nothing more than that. People get emotional about Politics and Religion and no matter how silly I think it is they have the right to voice there opinions and I have the freedom to listen or not.

Personally I joined and support NWFA because it’s local and is a great resource for me. That said I doubt you will see me getting too involved with politics and defiantly not religion. That’s not what I signed up for. But to those that joined to rant on those subjects knock your self out.:)

LOL. That is a great attitude.

I guess the reason I get emotional about politics is because I see politics as directly impacting my kids. I want them to live a good life and want to make sure they enjoy the rights and life they should as Americans. The same rights my grandpa's generation passed to my dad's generation, and my dad's generation passed to my generation are going to be passed onto my kids one way or the other.

I don't care about religious topics, unless it is a violation of people rights to believe what they want. As long as my children are free to believe what they want religiously, I am happy.

LOL. That is a great attitude.

I guess the reason I get emotional about politics is because I see politics as directly impacting my kids. I want them to live a good life and want to make sure they enjoy the rights and life they should as Americans. The same rights my grandpa's generation passed to my dad's generation, and my dad's generation passed to my generation are going to be passed onto my kids one way or the other.

I don't care about religious topics, unless it is a violation of people rights to believe what they want. As long as my children are free to believe what they want religiously, I am happy.
I have to say I am surprised for not getting immediately ripped for stating my opinion on this issue:) and say I have the same concerns and wants for my kid as you. Where I am coming from is in regards to this forum. While I understand it is a place for people to vent and others to be entertained. I have a hard time believing it has, or will have any real impact on the our current government. I am a patient man and was born back when LBJ was President. I am confident in the years to come we will see a changing of the guard in the White House and seriously doubt NWFA will have a whole lot to do with it...............but I could be wrong:D

I have to say I am surprised for not getting immediately ripped for stating my opinion on this issue:) and say I have the same concerns and wants for my kid as you. Where I am coming from is in regards to this forum. While I understand it is a place for people to vent and others to be entertained. I have a hard time believing it has, or will have any real impact on the our current government. I am a patient man and was born back when LBJ was President. I am confident in the years to come we will see a changing of the guard in the White House and seriously doubt NWFA will have a whole lot to do with it...............but I could be wrong:D

I vote this for the most intelligent post on this thread so far. :s0155:

Apparently, I'm a troll as well. Just because my opinion often differs from other peoples and I exercise my right to express it. I never post just to be obnoxious or to elicit a response.

There are several members of this forum who I have debated with in open threads. Things like open carry vs. concealed carry, LEO issues, and other issues. When actual debating is going on, the only people who seem to take issue are the people sitting on the fringes. The people who don't post, don't post, don't post, then post something stupid and non-helpful like, "I smell a troll." When that's all someone has to add to a debate, then they need to leave well enough alone. One of the wonderful things about this country is the ability to have civil debates.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top