JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is a noticeable reduction in the supply of meat and meat products, and certain vegetables and froot. Nothing to worry about, just....less. We live in probably THE most agricultural county in England, excepting Kent, and if it's thin here, then it must be a deal worse elsewhere. The cities seem the have similar problems, but remember that OUR cities here are nothing like your cities. Peterborough is called a city because it has a historical religious foundation - any -burgh that has a cathedral is called a city, but with less than 220,000 inhabitants, it's not a 'proper' city-sized city. The food stores, I'm told, are doing OK there, too.

Fish of the fresh variety has gone completely - none. The export market has died, and there are no restaurants open here for at least another month - maybe more. Around 75% of ALL fish caught around the national fishing grounds goes to export anyhow. So right now it's just too expensive to go fishing for the UK market.

all it takes is a little adversity for people to show their true nature.

Well, we all knew that even though many of us lived in denial about it. The good news is that we are finding out their true nature before something like Cascadia happened where we need to know who we can rely on and who we can't for our very survival. Might be a blessing in disguise.

We went to Grocery Outlet in Lynden, WA around 7:30AM in the morning everything was mostly in stock. Different items depending on when we go well but selection was nice. They had large count boxes of KCups and I bought a box of 72 KCUP box for $19.99. They even have larger boxes of 180 KCUPs for $29.99 but 72 is enough for me and it will last a few months. Not sure about the meat selection but they had frozen cod, frozen pizza, and some spicy wing selections from Foster Farms.

We did drive by the Custer Sportmen's Club and I can see guns and people inside so I guess this range is open. I am not a member and bought some frozen food I couldn't stop by.

Home - Custer Sportsmen's Club

Last Edited:
I do like a rare steak. Everything else I cook to proper specs. But I'm never gonna be like Mom... she was raised dirt poor on a farm in CT during the Great Depression. That generation cooks all meat until it is no longer recognizable as food. Mom is 95yrs old now and still worries about her food... if it doesn't come from Trader Joes, to her it is not healthy. Little does she know the truth about Trader Joes.
My mother was a teenager during the Depression. She cooked all meat until it clattered when it hit the plate. Then she made gravy to pour over the top.

Well, we all knew that even though many of us lived in denial about it. The good news is that we are finding out their true nature before something like Cascadia happened where we need to know who we can rely on and who we can't for our very survival. Might be a blessing in disguise.

But will the lemmings make the connection ?? Cascadia would be far worst even faster with complete supply chain disruptions and massive infrastructure and utility destruction. This situation is a mere blip on SHTF scenarios, but one bad enough to create massive unemployment that is not being handled by the state and is going to start creating civil unrest in a short time. At least right now stores have food and gas, so fighting over basic survival goods is not on the covid agenda right now.

Oregon government seems to have no understanding that people need to work to survive and that their promised stop gap measures such as UI and other assistance was nothing more than superlative bullsh*t window dressing. Denial or simply ignorance of the problem is the Oregon state governments way to deal with these problems.

My mother was a teenager during the Depression. She cooked all meat until it clattered when it hit the plate. Then she made gravy to pour over the top.

Yep. Pork was big in our house. It's what my Moms (DOB 2/9/26) parents raised for food where their family of 7 lived in in a little house in a little town east of SLC. Grandma and Mom would cook the snot out of pork chops due to trichinosis. Milk gravy was made with the drippings. Over done, but i'd sure take a plate of that now. I've never been able to duplicate it, no matter how long I fried them chops! :s0114: Mom also over cooked ALL kinds of veggies.

But will the lemmings make the connection ?? Cascadia would be far worst even faster with complete supply chain disruptions and massive infrastructure and utility destruction. This situation is a mere blip on SHTF scenarios, but one bad enough to create massive unemployment that is not being handled by the state and is going to start creating civil unrest in a short time. At least right now stores have food and gas, so fighting over basic survival goods is not on the covid agenda right now.

Oregon government seems to have no understanding that people need to work to survive and that their promised stop gap measures such as UI and other assistance was nothing more than superlative bullsh*t window dressing. Denial or simply ignorance of the problem is the Oregon state governments way to deal with these problems.

The people making the decisions about other people's welfare don't have to worry about food and shelter. Changing us from Citizens to Subjects has always been on their agenda and this is too good an opportunity to not make a move.

If you cripple the economy, especially at the lower paying jobs that are typically being done by younger workers you can turn them into dependents of the state and making them lifelong subjects. They will vote to keep you in power and handing them "free stuff" until the "free stuff" runs out and they are still at your mercy.

I'm not saying that this isn't a real pandemic nor that it isn't dangerous. I'm also not saying that the shelter in place for the first month was wrong, but I am saying that the ruling party will take advantage to push their agenda and make their control both absolute and permanent.

They will force people to riot and then will take advantage of that as well by restricting movement, banning firearms and then begin confiscation. Make sure your papers are in order. Won't happen this month or maybe the next, but IMO it will happen.

Last Edited:
^^^^THIS!!!^^^^

This is precisely what Rahm Emanuel meant when he said, "Never let a good crisis go to waste."

Last Edited:
The Great Goddess in Salem looks happy.

Meanwhile, I can't get needed hand surgery out of the VA Choice program because it is not urgent enough... I guess I don't need my shooting hand according to the powers that be in Walla Walla... they didn't even have a doctor look at my hand before they made their decision.

Off topic... sorry.

The Great Goddess in Salem looks happy.

Meanwhile, I can't get needed hand surgery out of the VA Choice program because it is not urgent enough... I guess I don't need my shooting hand according to the powers that be in Walla Walla... they didn't even have a doctor look at my hand before they made their decision.

Off topic... sorry.

Similar situation here in my medical network. My wife can't get a knee replacement, I can't get a growth removed from the back of my neck (likely benign), and then my BiPAP broke last week. Turns out I can't get a new one until they do a new sleep study and they are now backed up 2,000 sleep studies so it's going to be a while even when they can start again. Meanwhile ICU utilization across the country is just over 50%.

At what point is the cure worse than the disease?

Similar situation here in my medical network. My wife can't get a knee replacement, I can't get a growth removed from the back of my neck (likely benign), and then my BiPAP broke last week. Turns out I can't get a new one until they do a new sleep study and they are now backed up 2,000 sleep studies so it's going to be a while even when they can start again. Meanwhile ICU utilization across the country is just over 50%.

You should be able to get a BIPAP online - but getting insurance to pay for it may require another sleep study. I would ask your insurance co.

I do got the impression that buying one with your own $ is significantly cheaper than what insurance pays the doctor for the equipment (my doctor was very upfront about that).

Wow! Our dermatologist is still taking appts and sending biopsies off to the path lab. Wife and I both had growths removed. Wife just had actinic keratosis frozen yesterday.

Maybe you could come see my dermatologist...

You should be able to get a BIPAP online - but getting insurance to pay for it may require another sleep study. I would ask your insurance co.

I do got the impression that buying one with your own $ is significantly cheaper than what insurance pays the doctor for the equipment (my doctor was very upfront about that).

Yes. CPAP.com is significantly less expensive.

But I have two machines that still work somewhat, and I use them for backup. The first was one I got while I was insured, the second the VA replaced due to bearing noise and didn't want it back...

I can find them, and they start at $1,300, with the one that just died being $2500. You can't buy without a prescription. I may have found what I need on CL. Awaiting response.

Wow! Our dermatologist is still taking appts and sending biopsies off to the path lab. Wife and I both had growths removed. Wife just had actinic keratosis frozen yesterday.

Maybe you could come see my dermatologist...

It's actually pretty big as in baseball sized and needs surgery to remove. I'll be out of work for at least two weeks likely longer since they need to go pretty close to the spine and if they don't get it all it will come back.

It's more of an inconvenience than anything else (interferes a bit with some neck movements) and as a bonus I can be Quasi Moto again at Halloween this year if they are still allowing holidays this fall. My Doc and the surgeon have both told me is more of a fatty deposit than anything else (must be a leak from my cranium) so I'm not really desperate.

Missed my chance last fall to support a large, urgent, and unexpected work project, and then the shut down on non life threatening medical procedures took place just before I was supposed to get it done. Should have looked out for Number 1, but that's with 20-20 hindsight.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top