JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, I'm a commercial manufacturer, so the quantities I store are quite a bit different....

There's a big magazine out back, made of a triwall, with a 1" coating of wood on the inside. and ventilated on top.

Powder in the shop is kept in day boxes, with about 50-100lbs in each. They are again made of 1" plywood, with 5/8" sheetrock on the outside, then that's wrapped in 30ga aluminum sheet metal. They're all held together entirely with nails.

Primers are stored in a similar box. with no more than 100K on each shelf, max of 500K per cabinet.

Generally, I store them separately, mostly because the storage and usage conditions are quite different for both, primers usually involve someone opening up the locker and taking out 5-10k. Powder mags are opened up repeatedly when powder is taken out, or put away, or swapped etc. The primers are also kept further away from the work areas.

All of the components are kept in day magazines and day boxes like this for two reasons: first of which is to protect them from any mishap that may lead to an explosion, the second is to help protect the things nearby if there was somehow an explosion.

I like storing powder and primers separately, even for my own bench, I keep my primers in an ammo can to keep moisture and solvents away, Powder just goes in a wooden box underneath, the bench.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top