JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Find your stuff, cut and paste the links in a PM to him.
We put a man on the moon... there must be a simpler solution than that.

I opened the "your classifieds" page which list the first page of all my classifieds. I copied that url address and tried to open it in a private window where I wasn't signed in and it would not display it. I am not sure why that page would be viewable to the user only since the classified pages are all public anyways.

Upvote 0
Go to classified. Copy and paste the path from your browser address bar. Repeat as required. Sounds like you tried this already.
Works for me though..

Upvote 0
Let's imagine that I am looking at a sellers ad and I want to see what other items they might have listed in the classifieds. The only method I am aware of now is to click on the users name and then click on messages. Now I get to scroll through all of the users post to try and find the classifieds he may have up. And you won't know if the ads or locked or not until you click on each one because the ad status is not displayed in those search results.

Upvote 0
We put a man on the moon... there must be a simpler solution than that.

I opened the "your classifieds" page which list the first page of all my classifieds. I copied that url address and tried to open it in a private window where I wasn't signed in and it would not display it. I am not sure why that page would be viewable to the user only since the classified pages are all public anyways.
While still tedious this method should work but there must be some permissions that need to be removed so they are not only viewable by the user.

Upvote 0
hey, @arakboss
if you wanna get fancy.

Copy YOUR "My Classifieds" ad link, shoudl look like this

Code:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/search/search?order=date&search_type=post&c[users]=Dyjital&c[nodes][0]=4&c[content]=thread&c[child_nodes]=1
replace the user name

You can find all their goodies.

Found yours.

Upvote 0
Let's imagine that I am looking at a sellers ad and I want to see what other items they might have listed in the classifieds. The only method I am aware of now is to click on the users name and then click on messages. Now I get to scroll through all of the users post to try and find the classifieds he may have up. And you won't know if the ads or locked or not until you click on each one because the ad status is not displayed in those search results.
@Dyjital do you have another magic solution for this problem?

Upvote 0
hey, @arakboss
if you wanna get fancy.

Code:
https://www.northwestfirearms.com/search/search?order=date&search_type=post&c[users]=Dyjital&c[nodes][0]=4&c[content]=thread&c[child_nodes]=1
replace the user name

Found yours.
You sir are a genius. I wish it was more user friendly, like a click of a button but I will settle for your workarounds. A+++++++ and gold star for you.

Copy and pasting two dozen links wasn't sounding appealing to me.

Upvote 0
Yeah, your mind is gonna be blown. See post #9
It was.

mindblown.jpg

Upvote 0
hey, @arakboss
if you wanna get fancy.

Code:
replace the user name

Found yours.
That is awesome. Since you are on fire this morning. How do I add tags to alert me if somebody post a particular item in classifieds?

Upvote 0
If anybody ask you are frickin genius.
So they tutorial is behind the Staff wall that I can't access anymore.

but:
1610557838683.png

Use these here.
You can modify. It's how I was able to zero in on name calling in the forum with ease.

Because items can't be all entered properly, using the Keywords Alerts is the best way.
I was looking for a Ruger 22/45 so I alerted to all Ruger in the titles on handguns.

You could do the same with Primers, 9mm, 9 mm, etc.

Upvote 0
So they tutorial is behind the Staff wall that I can't access anymore.

but:
View attachment 807099

Use these here.
You can modify. It's how I was able to zero in on name calling in the forum with ease.

Because items can't be all entered properly, using the Keywords Alerts is the best way.
I was looking for a Ruger 22/45 so I alerted to all Ruger in the titles on handguns.

You could do the same with Primers, 9mm, 9 mm, etc.
What is the difference between the fields "keyword set" and "keywords"?

Upvote 0
What is the difference between the fields "keyword set" and "keywords"?
Keyword Set is what you'll call this 'group', the actual Keywords are your chosen ones.

Such as a "Set" may be called "9mm Pistols"
  • Kahr
  • Browning
  • CZ
It's not an intuitive system.

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show