JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How a part of your day-to-day routine is preparing?

• I am preparing everyday or projects related to said are on the To Do every single day.

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I do most weeks, though not every day.

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A little each month, but not a high priority.

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I really run hot and cold on this; sometimes a ton, sometimes none.

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Used to a lot, now I don't, either changing perspective or burnout.

• I don't prepare for disasters, so, no.

• Um, eh, (bromp!). Wut wuz da ques'n?

• Total voters
Some recent reflection on this topic brought the question to mind: how a part of your day-to-day routine is devoted to preparedness? I realize there is a lot of cross-over from regular activities and household supplies that have an impact on preparations, but I mean those specific to a local emergency or a longer term/large geographical area disaster.

Curious on thoughts. Thanks. :)

A little here, and little there, it all adds up in the big picture. it's not a daily thing, but then again, were pretty well prepared as it is, so it's just the continuation of getting thing fine tuned and better stocked! Just installed a big Genny for the house and got it all wired in and now building an insulated enclosure to make it a lot more quiet as well as help keep it safe and dry! Stocked up plenty of treated fuel, and were good to go!

I don't do much on a daily or weekly. Unless exercise and such counts.

I keep a well stocked supply and rotate foods, but I don't consider that prepping either.

I am mostly a hobbyist when it comes to things firearm related, so I really don't look at that as prepping.

Most of what I do I don't classify as prepping, though it could be.

I certainly don't prepare everyday thinking the end will come that day. I live that day like I would live any other.

Very perceptive list of choices there countrygent.

Explicitly, somewhere between a little each month and hot/cold. There's only so much stuff to have IMO. Lots of things once set, are set. Just maintenance.

Life is logistics, being prepared is just part of that. Thinking about things, keeping up on the news, relationship maintenance, skills, fitness, health, etc can be called prepping. That's were I'm at.

I'm a "no wasted movement" type of person. I take the time to learn things from contractors I have to call to my buildings. I learn the layouts of my buildings, how they work and which would be the best to hole up in if needed, and rank them. All of them have a food/clothing/comms stash. I'm getting paid while I do that. While I'm doing that, I'm getting in better shape as well simply because my movement doesn't really stop. At home, we keep a running inventory of the pantry and by according to need, and less to want. I buy the things I use most in bulk, to keep cost down and stock high.
There's plenty more to add, but the short version is that while not everything I do is prepping, prepping is a part of everything I do. I've been through enough schit in this lifetime to have learned that things sneak up on you when you aren't ready for them. So stay as ready as you can while enjoying everything as much as possible.

Some recent reflection on this topic brought the question to mind: how a part of your day-to-day routine is devoted to preparedness? I realize there is a lot of cross-over from regular activities and household supplies that have an impact on preparations, but I mean those specific to a local emergency or a longer term/large geographical area disaster.

Curious on thoughts. Thanks. :)
More specifically to your question of "geographical area disaster", since I spend most of my week in downtown Portland, I have the aforementioned stashes in my buildings and a contingency plan to get around the downtown area and back to my side of town using highway 30 to Longview and back across to the gorge area.
If that's not a possibility, and I'm stuck down here for more than a week I'd have to improvise but that's definitely easier than I think most people realize.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top