JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You would be much better off putting your safe in the laundry room or under the bathroom sink.
Or take off the bottom front cover of the clothes dryer and stuff the safe under the drum, then replace the cover... :cool:

Also, it's my understanding that what came out of Washington's I-1639 and made it into law was that if your firearms are stolen, you cannot be held criminally liable for what happens with them IF you notify law enforcement within 5 days of the theft. Apparently, after 5 days without a notification to LE, you CAN be held criminally liable if your stolen firearms are used in a crime (although the law doesn't specifically state that you are liable, I think it's inferred that you are).
Not necessarily within 5 days of the theft itself:

4. The prohibited person's access to the firearm was obtained as a result of an unlawful entry, provided that the unauthorized access or theft of the firearm is reported to a local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which the unauthorized access or theft occurred within five days of the time the victim of the unlawful entry knew or reasonably should have known that the firearm had been taken.

Not necessarily within 5 days of the theft itself:

4. The prohibited person's access to the firearm was obtained as a result of an unlawful entry, provided that the unauthorized access or theft of the firearm is reported to a local law enforcement agency in the jurisdiction in which the unauthorized access or theft occurred within five days of the time the victim of the unlawful entry knew or reasonably should have known that the firearm had been taken.
That's the part (bold red italics) that I couldn't remember and didn't feel like looking up, which is why I prefaced my comment with "Also, it's my understanding..." I did that so that I didn't come off as an asshat know-it-all, and so that someone like you could come along and be the asshat know-it-all and make me look like an idiot. Your work here is done, Flop. :D

Last Edited:
That's the part (bold red italics) that I couldn't remember and didn't feel like looking up, which is why I prefaced my comment with "Also, it's my understanding..." I did that so that I didn't come off as an asshat know-it-all, and so that someone like you could come along and be the asshat know-it-all and make me look like an idiot. Your work here is done, Flop. :D
Seems like you should have said "to my misunderstanding". :D

There must be a reason why I like you, Flop. I just haven't found it yet...

@ApronAmy Lest you think I'm one of the three people that Flop warned you about back on Page 2 of this thread, rest assured that Flop and I have a gentleman's agreement. Flop agrees that I am a gentleman, and I agree that Flop is an asshat know-it-all... :D

Y'all are cracking me up! I've been on this site for a dozen years -- mostly quiet and quite often missing for years at a time -- but I know all about the shenanigans that happen in almost any discussion worth it's salt.

I am *not* going to get into what's in the drawer in the nightstand... that would just contribute to the alarming degeneration of this thread 🤣 😲

Y'all are cracking me up! I've been on this site for a dozen years -- mostly quiet and quite often missing for years at a time -- but I know all about the shenanigans that happen in almost any discussion worth it's salt.

I am *not* going to get into what's in the drawer in the nightstand... that would just contribute to the alarming degeneration of this thread 🤣 😲
Welcome back my friend to the show that never ends!

Oh and the reason the safe is in the back of the closet is because I'm lazy and put it there when I first moved in. Then it got buried in stuff and shoes. I wasn't really trying to hide it. I just never put it somewhere on purpose.

Well. that just leaves us no choice but to jump to wild conclusions.

The real question is whether it takes AAA, AA, C, D batteries or is new enough to be rechargeable. BUT, that leaves the question: Mini, Micro or C usb port? If it has a usb port, can it be programmed? Can it be attached and support itself or is it handheld only?

Every nightstand has to have a flashlight. What were you degenerates thinking about?

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top