JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just go to show you (Bad Guy) better lookout, As there maybe someone waiting on the other side of that door/window with weapon. I know that if
The Bad Guys came here there would be hell to pay.
Tony Portland, Oregon Area

A Derringer wouldn't be my first choice for a home defense weapon but it goes to show you that shot placement and the best gun is the one in your hand. Congratulations to the 73 year man!!

I have a .38 derringer that will shoot a 2 inch group with my LSWCHP handloads @ 10 yards.. not my first choice either, would never carry it as a primary, but better than nothing

So much for the bigger-gun mentality.

But I'll bet he had a chance to line up his shot and take a long, slow breath before they came through the door, and that's why he was able to land a fatal shot on his first go.

It's too bad that the accomplice can't be charged in MI with felony murder for the death of his buddy.
Felony murder rule (Michigan) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
That's the same way the rule is interpreted here in OR: death of an accomplice by itself can't make one eligible for a murder charge.

You can find cases where a little old lady with a hat pin won over a big nasty street thug, that does not mean it's the optimal defense system

It all depends on who you are and what you feel comfortable with. The Derringer obviously is a good choice for the man as a defensive weapon. Good for him on defending his home and himself!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top