JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious what others are using on packs that have hip weight load/distribution straps. A few of my packs are equipped with heavy duty, padded straps that pretty much ruin any chance of a holster being used on the hip.

I have two custom holsters made for one of the 3 packs I use. Looking to see how others get around this one.

Thanks!

I rarely have a pack on anymore but back in my backpackin' days I wore a shoulder holster, under an unbuttoned shirt, under the pack!
I also, often, used a pack with an outer map pocket behind my head! Held a six inch .357 perfectly!

I pretty much never wear hip holsters except IWB's for CC. I consider drop-legs even worse. Generally I wear an M3 style tanker/pilot holster if I'm hiking and carrying a pack, or if I'm out shooting/hunting I wear a plate carrier type rig that has a holster for my pistol.

By searching places like maxpedition and such, you will find lots of options to add a holster to your pack
Should be lots of goodies out there. Most packs have some way to add pockets for most anything with molle

Cordura "fanny pack" worn facing front over backpack hip belt. Never been made. Hiding in plain sight. Been doing it this way for over 15 years.

this works great, "fanny packs" made for hiking are popular and inconspicuous enough no one notices and the gun stays on your person if you have to drop your backpack.

another option I want to try sometime is a front chest pack with built in holster, made by Hillpeoplegear.com. These are a little more obviouse though depending on which one you get.

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/tabid/762/CategoryID/1/Default.aspx

I just ordered one of the Kenai Chest Holsters from GunfightersInc. While not really a good option if you're trying to conceal your pistol (a gun strapped to the center of your chest is kind of the opposite of inconspicuous), they are specifically designed to be worn with a backpack- won't get in the way of any of your straps. And they are a NW company, which I like! It seemed like the best option for me when I'm tromping through the bush. Should be here sometime next week, I'll let you know how I like it!

I found it,but it exhausted me:confused:
Nice looking rig. Forgot to look at the price but I think the plastic (kydex) is a good idea out in the weather.
My buddie up in sequim rednecked one like this together then remodeled it with paracord. Big difference is he made it so you can use multiple holsters with it instead of making it for one

I just ordered one of the Kenai Chest Holsters from GunfightersInc. While not really a good option if you're trying to conceal your pistol (a gun strapped to the center of your chest is kind of the opposite of inconspicuous), they are specifically designed to be worn with a backpack- won't get in the way of any of your straps. And they are a NW company, which I like! It seemed like the best option for me when I'm tromping through the bush. Should be here sometime next week, I'll let you know how I like it!
I'm liking these. I'm debating if I could make something for less though.

The guy behind the counter at my Lgs suggested I just duct tape a holster to the shoulder strap on my backpack, which I thought was a good idea too. I wanted to treat myself to something nice though.:D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top