JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The guy behind the counter at my Lgs suggested I just duct tape a holster to the shoulder strap on my backpack, which I thought was a good idea too. I wanted to treat myself to something nice though.:D
In a pinch this will do. I guess I could technically do this if I dont have anything and all hell breaks out around me.

Not true at all. I carry my 1911 inside the waistband in a leather Summer special II all the time. It's on my right buttock behind the hip joint. Donning a pack, I hoick up the shirt to conceal, and provide quick access. At no time does the padded belt add pressure to the butt. The holster rides comfortably in the "hollow", and access is exactly where I normally carry so no change in FAP.
I'm not sure your talking the same type of backpacking pack are you? IE one with padded weight distribution hip loops?

So my chest rig from GunfightersInc came today and I have to say that it's pretty sweet! Very well made, they used rivets instead of screws to hold the kydex together and the straps are comfortable and stretchy. It's kind of a PITA to adjust but i don't see myself having to fiddle too much with it once I get it dialed in. And it stays completely out of the way of the hip straps on my backpack. The top strap does ride underneath the bags shoulder strap though, but it's low profile enough to where I don't think it will cause any undue chafing, and most of the weight of my pack will be carried on my hips anyway. Here are some pics- I just tried it out with my daypack as I didn't feel like digging out the big internal frame I use for backpacking and stuff.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

It looks like something I would wear without a pack. My thought is to hang the gun on the pack straps so there isn't more BS hanging around my body.
There is always D rings or mole ? straps on packs now. Plenty of places to hang a weapon without more shoulder straps.
But that's my idea of a good way to carry with a pack,gun,binocs,water bladder
Golly how did they get along in the old west?:confused:

SEND SEND that one to me
Sheezz,I leave words out and go on. Spell check sucks
Some day I am going to design one of those and have my leather guy make it. He does my knife sheathes ,holsters,boot,belts and all so I'll make something up for him to put together

Those hill people kits definitely look like a great option! Now I'm second guessing my choice of chest rig....
I've turned a couple guys onto them and they've been happy. One co-worker just retired and moved to remote Alaska and bought one to carry his .44 and some basic survival gear. He's an avid hiker and climber and loves the rig.

I carried a 4" Ruger Redhawk in a HPG kit bag for the better part of four years as an Alaskan fishing guide. Some clients just weren't that excited to see their guide loaded for bear (literally). This was a good low-key option that was comfortable for all day wear and carried just enough stuff to be usable.

With all do respect,a drop leg holster says either "I'm ex military,shoot me first" or "I'm a wannabe so I need shot"
But that's just me:rolleyes:

I don't understand why drop holsters suddenly became so despised. I always really enjoyed mine. As a lefty it was useful and it makes a smooth transition between rifle and sidearm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top