JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's incredibly cool. With 5 turbines that each appear to have a specific function (not redundant), that's 5 points of critical failure. I wonder what they've done to mitigate that.

To be fair, it was necessary they invented something like this so stranded hikers wouldn't miss their afternoon tea. Necessity is the mother and all that

If it was someone who needed immediate first aid to save their life, and a helo was too far away, I could see it. But I am sure that at this point in time it would take a very skilled and experienced pilot, plus it would probably have limited use and be expensive.

Personally not buying it. No way could you control thrusters that powerful with your hands, speaking of which would be charcoal after a few minutes of flight. Even if you could control the force without breaking wrists and elbows or dislocating shoulders, there is no way you could store enough fuel in the pack. I do appreciate the blinking lights on the pack, though, makes it look high techish.

Does the pilot fly in with a box of band-aids, and then leave the injured party to get himself to safety?...
... in other words, what's the payload? o_O

But, if it's the only way to get help in ... it does put another tool in the box.
Heck, maybe in a few years we'll be wondering how we managed without it! :s0039:

Personally not buying it. No way could you control thrusters that powerful with your hands, speaking of which would be charcoal after a few minutes of flight. Even if you could control the force without breaking wrists and elbows or dislocating shoulders, there is no way you could store enough fuel in the pack. I do appreciate the blinking lights on the pack, though, makes it look high techish.

A little bit of the build up to this: How I built a jet suit

Link from the YouTube description of the previous video.

Apparently this has been going on for awhile. Where have I been?

Last Edited:

you sound like you know what you're talking about, so cool....

more fake news, then, from those handsome, full trousered chaps with the great teeth.....

Anyway, shouldn't you be out gathering more wood for your cave fire ?

That's incredibly cool. With 5 turbines that each appear to have a specific function (not redundant), that's 5 points of critical failure. I wonder what they've done to mitigate that.

Extra brits

Who's the second jetpack in to scrape the first jet pack off the rocks in a mishap?

Again, extra brits.

If it was someone who needed immediate first aid to save their life, and a helo was too far away, I could see it. But I am sure that at this point in time it would take a very skilled and experienced pilot, plus it would probably have limited use and be expensive.

Cool idea but you would need to know exactly where your going, I bet the fuel burn is huge so no time to just go looking around and get back to the LZ. At 20' off the deck, not going to see much. If they know where the person is, just have a PJ jump in there from a fixed-wing for 10x the skill and 1/2 the cost.

Maybe the jet pack has a parachute?

Way to low to the ground for a parachute to be effective. Probably just comes with a toe tag for the user. :D

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top