JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I mean they basically do depending on velocity and diameter, but explode insinuates an explosive charge is present. If they were describing high explosive anti tank rounds it would make sense!

If you haven't already, researching tank projectile technology is fun and fascinating, especially during WW2.

Reminds me of the "devastator" 22 exploding bullets. Apparently they rarely work correctly. Hinckley had these in his $49 gun when he tried to kill Reagan. Apparently only one of the 6 exploded (I think it was the one that hit Brady but not sure on that). I noticed just the other day that u can still buy them. I don't know if it's used or new stock though.

Reminds me of the "devastator" 22 exploding bullets. Apparently they rarely work correctly. Hinckley had these in his $49 gun when he tried to kill Reagan. Apparently only one of the 6 exploded (I think it was the one that hit Brady but not sure on that). I noticed just the other day that u can still buy them. I don't know if it's used or new stock though.

"The Devastator cartridge gained national attention when John Hinkley attempted to assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981, firing six of them from a recently purchased RG14 revolver. President Reagan, his press secretary James Brady, Secret Service Agent Timothy McCarthy, and Washington D. C. policeman Thomas Delahanty were hit by four of the bullets, the remaining two bullets struck the Presidents limosine window and the window of a building across the street from the shooting. Only the bullet that hit Brady was thought to have exploded. The 1 3/4" barrel of the revolver is blamed for the failure of the other bullets to explode, as it was most likely too short to have allowed the bullets to reach a velocity of 900 feet per second which a Bingham Ltd official said was required for the bullets to explode on impact."

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top