JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The History of the 'Assault Weapon' Hoax. Part 1: The Crime that Started it All

A 1989 shooting at a Cal. schoolyard began the national "assault weapon" issue. It was a consequence of law enforcement failure.
David B. Kopel|Mar. 2, 2018 6:40 pm

The Stockton murderer could have been stopped before he started if the government had enforced existing criminal laws or had used existing laws to commit and provide mental health treatment for a plainly disturbed and imminently dangerous individual.

Almost as if they were using an offshoot of MKULTRA on these people and basically wanted these things to happen........

It wouldn't be a good way to push for more gun control would it? Nah, conspiracy stuff........

And a side note. I'd never heard the name Patrick Purdy before.

In a way they're right. Purdy was a nutcase who was not allowed to own firearms. The Bush import ban, which is still in effect despite several Republican administrations, began with the Stockton shooting.

Even before that July 18 1984 San yasidro California a guy walks into a MacDonald's .with a UZI and A 12 GA and a Browning hi power and kills 21 people .a SWAT sniper killed him after a stand off

In a way they're right. Purdy was a nutcase who was not allowed to own firearms. The Bush import ban, which is still in effect despite several Republican administrations, began with the Stockton shooting.
The ineffective import ban that is also impossible to enforce.

There was a whole crapload of good guns that got shut down because of that ban. Still to this day you can't get Daewoos and a lot of other guns.Chinese ammo etc.

There was a whole crapload of good guns that got shut down because of that ban. Still to this day you can't get Daewoos and a lot of other guns.Chinese ammo etc.
And its a damn shame. I would have gotten a Daewoo for my mother as a reminder of her birth country.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top