JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Smith and Wesson had their Model 53 in the .22 Remington Jet Magnum round. It's based on the "K" Frame with a .22 Rimfire Barrel. The cartridge is a .357 Magnum that has been necked down to .22 Rimfire. It's a Very loud round with major flames coming out. And then with pretty much Zero recoil, it's a blast to shoot.:):):)

Yep!

maxresdefault.jpg

...Blackhawk or Hawkeye?
I don't know if I've ever heard of a Blackhawk in .256 Mag (of course, it could be a custom gun).
Either way, nice gun.
Are rounds even available anymore?

The U-haul I worked at was near the intersection of MLK (Empire way) and S. Graham St.
I used take the Swift-Albro exit off of I-5 and pick up Graham off of Swift and go up and over the hill. I remember it snowed really bad that year and my truck was in 2nd gear and the speedo was reading 40 as I crept up the hill.
I had just bought that truck a couple of months before and was still getting the $$$ together to get snow tires, so those were regular street tires ( :eek: ).
Made it into work, though. Me and a guy named Do ("dough") were the only two that made it in...you learned to sweep the snow off the trucks before bringing them into the shop, lest one take a bath! ;)

Dean

Dean; Yep, that one is a Ruger "Hawkeye" and IIRC it was built on a Blackhawk Frame. The flat "cylinder" pivots to the side for loading one round at a time.

Yean, Dean - KKG has it correct. Only reason I mentioned the Blackhawk was comparing the .256 Win Mag Hawkeye to the .30 M1 carbine Blackhawk with regard to noise. Judging by the holes they dig in my yard, the .256 has more power, too. o_O

30 carbine Ivory 001.jpg

SmokeEater,

Apologies. Went back and re-read your post. You clearly mentioned the Hawkeye and I missed that.
I just saw "Blackhawk" next to the picture and ran with it.
Hope my post didn't put you off.

Dean

...Blackhawk or Hawkeye?

Are rounds even available anymore?

Dean

I don't know of any in production, but it's fairly easy to neck size a .357 Mag case to .256 Win Mag. You have to anneal them first, then I recommend a single-stage press that is solidly built. I bought an RCBS just for the purpose. My Dillon 550, while excellent in other respects, is difficult to use for case forming.

7.65 Browning (aka: .32 Auto ACP).

Why? Cause 007 is hip (though not a hipster). LOL.....7.65 Browning is not really obsolete. But, it's far over shadowed by the .380 in "that size" of a Walther PPK or PPK/s. No offense intended, to those who refuse to get a better caliber. Don't get me wrong......007 is cool.

I could imagine.....a hipster. Carrying concealed, trying to be 007. Or maybe more correctly, someone dressing like/looking like a Kingsman.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Hey, 7.65 hits like a brick through a plate glass window.
With accolades like that, who WOULDN'T want one! ( :p )
I'd do a .380 ONLY if it came wrapped in a Beretta Model 70 (because it looks like it dropped straight out of 1960's spy thriller) or a BDA....just because.

Well, Evan Whilden, who developed the .41 Action Express (already mentioned) also developed the 9mm Action Express, based on the .41. It all began with a 9mm P lengthened and blown out to .41 (.41 AE), then necked back down to 9mm. Predated the .357 Sig, but neither really went anywhere, despite "9" and ".357" in their names.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top