JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guess again! --> https://www.google.com/search?sourc.....35i39k1j0i20i264k1j0i20i263k1.0.bjNiTeg19bI
It appears urban cowboys are keeping it alive.
...and I did ask about the .25-20 in an earlier post, but this thread's moving pretty fast today. I think it may already be on a prior page.
.32-20 performance is approx. = 2 .32 H&R Mag.

Dean

This may be true, but the thinner .32-20 Winchester case has a bad habit of "wrinkling" when handloading. (This has happened to many gun writers and other hand loaders). The .327 Federal Magnum superseded the old .32-20 when it made its debut in November of 2008.

.32 H&R Magnum replaced the .32-20 when it debuted in 1983!
Yeah, you're right. I remember now, that was a problem with .32-20 cases.
Lots o'lube and take your time.
H&R and Federal Mag cases don't suffer from this.

Dean

.32 H&R Magnum replaced the .32-20 when it debuted in 1983!
Yeah, you're right. I remember now, that was a problem with .32-20 cases.
Lots o'lube and take your time.
H&R and Federal Mag cases don't suffer from this.

Dean

True enough. Underwood is in the early testing stages of their Lehigh "Extreme Defender" in the .327 Federal Magnum. Underwood said that it will be coming soon.

Stay tuned.

Well, I have twelve 380's, four .22 Magnums, one 327 Federal Magnum, we won't worry about 38's 357's and 9's, but I have six 40 S&W and they seem to be Unhip these days so they are Hip to me. Moving along I have two 357 Sigs, three 10 MM and a 44 Magnum. 45 ACP is far too common but I have four for that common mans feel.
I think the 327 Federal Magnum and the 357 Sigs and maybe the 10MM's make me tip top hip....or not. I do like them. I only carry the 357 Sig and the 327 Federal and I carry them as I believe they are top flight rounds.
I carry the 40's as EDC, 380's for home carry.

Me and the word hipster do not go together even if I have four of the hipster cartridges mentioned - .41 AE, .375 Winchester, .32 H&R Magnum and .38 S&W. Other than the .38 S&W, I will put my hipster cartridges against any similar mainstream cartridges out there. They all have their uses and do their jobs wonderfully.

Are these two hip enough? A 9mm pinfire revolver round and a .41 short rimfire.

IMG_5025[1].jpg

.256 Winchester Magnum? I have a Contender barrel for it. I guess my 15" XP-100 chambered for .375 H & H Magnum is probably out of this category, though.
Oh God, .256 Win Mag?? I've got a Ruger Hawkeye, Marlin Model 62, Universal Ferret, Falling Block Works custom rifle and three Contender barrels in that caliber. It's hipster?? I feel like I should buy some footie pajamas to wear to Starbucks tomorrow. The shame!!:oops::oops:
Please tell me my XP-100 in .221 Fireball is okay??

...I was wondering if anyone still owned a Ruger Hawkeye.
Often times, I mention it and people tend to ask, "what's that?"
...and yes, your .221 powered XP-100 is super hippy hipster. ;)

Dean

I'm a fan of the .45 Colt(and was before it got popular in CAS) and sent a three digit serial number back to Ruger for an ACP cylinder to be fitted. Ruger did such a Lousy:mad: job, Bill ended up gifting me one of the then New #3s in .45-70. I rechambered one of the cylinders to the .45 Winchester Magnum. I sold the gun and never looked back!!!

Didn't one of the Win Mag chambers get bored a bit deep on the first go around. :oops:
The Number 3 with the nice wood was a much better consolation than the .22 auto would have been.
Was a shame they smudged the lettering with the amateur buff job on the Blackhawk I know you would have done better if you hadn't wanted the "factory" re-blue.

Have a good one.

Didn't one of the Win Mag chambers get bored a bit deep on the first go around. :oops:
The Number 3 with the nice wood was a much better consolation than the .22 auto would have been.
Was a shame they smudged the lettering with the amateur buff job on the Blackhawk I know you would have done better if you hadn't wanted the "factory" re-blue.

Have a good one.
PM sent!:):):)

.38-45 Clerke? A .45ACP case necked to take a .357 bullet... introduced in the 1960s. Bet it makes .357 Sig cry.
On one of the few sources I found in a brief look, it pushed the bullet about 100ft/sec slower than the .357 Sig, meaning less energy. I admit I was disappointed

I actually had one of those in a custom 45 Colt circa 1978. That it was my new gunsmith's personal hobby fetish was what I regarded as a good indicator it would soon sweep the ranges with late-comers wanting to get on the performance wagon.

That he was so willing to sell it at what seemed like a really good price, SHOULD have been my sign.....

Over the course of about 6-10 months I don't recall actually getting a full magazine downrange without the helpful tips from the former owner.

For some unknown reason, I have absolutely zero interest in '357 Sig' anything.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top