JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
So the rule is "don't be provocative?"
"Political discussion is not allowed". You should refer to the other introduction posts for a guide. If you came here to hold hands and sing kumbaya about how terrible trump is, then you're in the wrong place.

If you're here to talk guns, gun politics, then welcome. That said, you haven't indicated that you're really even interested in guns. Which leaves most here to believe that your intent is to troll and be divisive.

So the rule is "don't be provocative?"
No no... please... be provocative...

20240212_124927.jpg

I have really enjoyed this adult conversation about a new member, their interest in firearms, and why they have chosen to join the forum.

I can't figure out why you guys are picking on him. :s0107:

Joining any activity specific forum (firearms, computers, photography, cigars, whatever) and immediately talking personal politics and not talking about the subject at hand sounds more like an agent provocateur than a topic interested forum member. Even 'taking the temperature' is sketchy. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't see it coming.

As they say, one man's opinion.......

I'm new to NWFA as a site, though I did do a lot of business on Seattleguns.net back when that existed.

I'm curious to know if, given all the Seattle and Portland folks here (notoriously liberal cities), there are many liberals actually on this site? I'm one of them, btw. Mind you, not liberal in the "so open minded your brain fell out" liberal, but old school John Stuart Mill liberal. Which, oddly, also makes me something of a conservative in modern parlance. Nevertheless....

Put another way, I'll carve off my left hand before I vote for Trump (and that's important to me, 'cause I'm a violinist. Really need that left hand.). Am I alone?

Curious to see if I have company, or if I should get my coat....

Is this safe to assume that if it came down to Biden and Trump, you would......

1. Cut your arm off (sorry, edited: carve off your left hand)
2. Vote for Biden
3. Throw away your vote for a write-in?

Is Trump the G.O.A.T.? No. But he was a no nonsense person and wanted a lot better for America. He tried and was hit with roadblocks before he was even sworn into office. He also exposed the swamp in so many ways.

If it comes down to Trump and Biden, I'm NOT voting for Biden and I'm not throwing away my vote for some obscure 'R' person. I am damned sure that I will NOT vote for anyone affiliated with the Democratic party (unless I'm dead and someone gets a hold of my voter pamphlets).

So, are you a 1, 2 or 3 person?

Last Edited:

1. Cut your arm off
2. Vote for Biden

Is Trump the G.O.A.T.? No. But he was a no nonsense person and wanted a lot better for America. He tried and was hit with roadblocks before he was even sworn into office. He also exposed the swamp in so many ways.

If it comes down to Trump and Biden, I'm NOT voting for Biden and I'm not throwing away my vote for some obscure 'R' person. I am damned sure that I will NOT vote for anyone affiliated with the Democratic party (unless I'm dead and someone gets a hold of my voter pamphlets).

OP is a violin player, cut time my friend.

1. Cut your arm off
2. Vote for Biden

:s0069: :s0094: :s0151: <~~~~ The green guy isn't LBJ, btw. Just saying

Joining any activity specific forum (firearms, computers, photography, cigars, whatever) and immediately talking personal politics and not talking about the subject at hand sounds more like an agent provocateur than a topic interested forum member. Even 'taking the temperature' is sketchy. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I don't see it coming.

As they say, one man's opinion.......
Actually I joined the site to sell/donate some extra bits I wasn't using. Sold a little ammo, gave away some Ruger 10/22 and MkIV parts, some extra grips, some AR bits, etc.

And then I wanted to give those guys good reviews, 'cause it went well. In order to do that I needed more posts, so started with an intro. But being, as I am, interested in a side of gun politics that seems unpopular (e.g. I think red flag laws are a good thing, when properly written...on the downside I have yet to see one properly written), I figured I'd see if I'm alone in that here, or have company. I didn't actually anticipate 4 pages of "you're a troll," was figuring more I'd get a "no, for the most part this is a pretty conservative forum, you may not find a lot of sympathy for anti-Trump positions here, fyi" or something similar.

So anyway...I'll go post my good feedback for the two guys who picked up my stuff, and proceed to keep my mouth shut unless I can keep it unprovocative (e.g. the answer to the question of "where can I get AR parts in Washington now" is MidwayUSA...they're fine with shipping parts.).

In short, Libertarian or "Classical Liberal" and not "Neo-Liberal"

Lots of those here
Yes, this is what I was thinking. In contemporary times, John Stuart Mill might be labeled more as a libertarian. Modern Libertarians (large L) seem to be typically pro 2A.

If someone joined a vegan forum and posted an introduction about how they hated democrats, and how they voted for Trump, then replied eagerly to each comment, how do you think their intentions would be construed?
Scrolling through the thread just catching summaries and came actos yours. I misread vegan and it caught my eye. Thought the thread was getting good, but alas, no joy.

I am sincerely wanting to know what 10 22 specific items you have . There's at least 1 member in the direct Seattle area that probably would like a look too.
If you're more comfortable , please send me your list/pics in pm.
Thank you.

Edit.
Dang man. I see it now. Clear back on Wednesday to. I wonder if I know the buyer

Last Edited:
If someone joined a vegan forum and posted an introduction about how they hated democrats, and how they voted for Trump, then replied eagerly to each comment, how do you think their intentions would be construed?
My thought exactly. This is a gun forum after all; by it's very nature most members are going to at least lean right. That's nobody's fault, just reality. Yes, there's bickering that goes on now and then, political comments and such. That's human nature. All in all, I think we're much more tolerant of our left-leaning members here than left-leaning forums are of their conservative members.

Yes, there are well known members-in-good-standing here who definitely lean left. I'm not one of them, but I have no problem with most of them. I have coworkers who lean left but I still get along fine with them. We just don't argue politics. Personally I've found my time on this forum more enjoyable since I decided to generally avoid politics.

I've got to agree with others here: starting a thread like this as a newbie probably isn't going to win you many friends. No matter your intent, it's bad form. Some of the moderators here work very hard to stop the incendiary politics and avoid the bickering.

Status

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR