JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
I'm new to NWFA as a site, though I did do a lot of business on Seattleguns.net back when that existed.

I'm curious to know if, given all the Seattle and Portland folks here (notoriously liberal cities), there are many liberals actually on this site? I'm one of them, btw. Mind you, not liberal in the "so open minded your brain fell out" liberal, but old school John Stuart Mill liberal. Which, oddly, also makes me something of a conservative in modern parlance. Nevertheless....

Put another way, I'll carve off my left hand before I vote for Trump (and that's important to me, 'cause I'm a violinist. Really need that left hand.). Am I alone?

Curious to see if I have company, or if I should get my coat....

In making this declaration you really should explain the distinction between a "liberal/progressive" and a "Liberal" (Capital L)

I'm curious, since you're so adamant, what makes a Democrat administration preferable to another Trump administration.

I'm new to NWFA as a site, though I did do a lot of business on Seattleguns.net back when that existed.

I'm curious to know if, given all the Seattle and Portland folks here (notoriously liberal cities), there are many liberals actually on this site? I'm one of them, btw. Mind you, not liberal in the "so open minded your brain fell out" liberal, but old school John Stuart Mill liberal. Which, oddly, also makes me something of a conservative in modern parlance. Nevertheless....

Put another way, I'll carve off my left hand before I vote for Trump (and that's important to me, 'cause I'm a violinist. Really need that left hand.). Am I alone?

Curious to see if I have company, or if I should get my coat....
Why have a politically polarizing, divisive, post on your very first message? Politics and divisive posts are not the way this place works (imo). Please go back and read the rules. Or better yet, go ahead and grab that coat would be my advice if you plan on continuing these type of divisive posts in the future. Just my personal opinion though I do not speak for NWFA in any way, shape, or form.

That is an odd thread subject to be started by any member, especially a new one...
It does beg the question if you joined a forum dedicated to firearms to discuss firearms or if politics is the focus?

If you were honestly curious about the political leanings of the membership, that is easily determined by anyone who reads the forum posts for a period of time before joining.

Why have a politically polarizing, divisive, post on your very first message? Politics and divisive posts are not the way this place works (imo). Please go back and read the rules. Or better yet, go ahead and grab that coat would be my advice if you plan on continuing these type of divisive posts in the future. Just my personal opinion though I do not speak for NWFA in any way, shape, or form.
That is an odd thread subject to be started by any member, especially a new one...
It does beg the question if you joined a forum dedicated to firearms to discuss firearms or if politics is the focus?

If you were honestly curious about the political leanings of the membership, that is easily determined by anyone who reads the forum posts for a period of time before joining.
You both took the words right out of my mouth.

Curious first post. I'm pretty sure that 2A rights affect us all, so refraining from painting either side with a broad brush may be in your best interest here. We have enough politics in our everyday life and have tried here to keep that tribal garbage out of here...for what it's worth.

Welcome to NWFA, or see ya later...LOL

To the Op
There is a location on this board called "The Den" which you will eventually have access to if your on the board long enough. That is where the politics are duscussed - the rest of the board is for guns.

Until you realize it, you're part of the primary problem when it comes to restrictions on the 2A.
It's always a vote for one step forward and two steps back, constantly. It's the highly programmable tendencies many of you have that prevent you from seeing what's going on, only to claim that "you're not like those leftist extremists".. but you are, and you vote for them. Your voting habits shaped all of this. This is what YOU and those like you have created. Blindly.. And there is no denying this fact.
It's only when it gets really bad (such as now) that you side step it all and make claims you aren't a part of the absolute lunacy that is taking place. But you are a part of it, you've always been a part of it and the worst part is; you don't see it.. the whole "classic liberal" schtick is long long gone. You could have made those claims a decade ago.. but you didn't. You know what you've voted for time and time again.. it got this bad because of all of you that play this "wasn't me" game.

That being said, you do not have to hide your tail and "fetch your coat" as you stated.. if you are here for firearms and the firearms hobby many of us can look past all of that political crap.. it's only if you bring up politics that you'll see the forum has people such as yourself and many that don't blindly agree with your views. There is a split..
That isn't a reason to leave the forum as we are all here for the firearms hobby, not necessarily politics.. which can easily be left out of firearm discussions. Only a fragile Facebook or Reddit zombie would be so rattled by not having a liberal echo chamber that they'd leave this forum simply because we all didn't join a drum circle and chant "orange man bad", friendo. Public forum, many differing views here.

Last Edited:
Doesn't have to be divisive. Surely we're all aware that not everybody who's pro-gun is pro-Trump? I would think a mention of being anti-Trump would be the least surprising thing you read today....

Curious first post. I'm pretty sure that 2A rights affect us all, so refraining from painting either side with a broad brush may be in your best interest here. We have enough politics in our everyday life and have tried here to keep that tribal garbage out of here...for what it's worth.

Welcome to NWFA, or see ya later...LOL
Well, I've been lurking and reading posts, and contrary to what most of the respondents here have been saying, at least 30% have some political angle. And yes, as one person mentioned, it's clear from reading what that angle is.

But I also know that other folks read and don't post, and by putting myself out there as "liberal" (in some sense) I was curious to see if any others would appear. Thus far, one.

And yes, I get that it's an odd post for a first post, but I don't really see the point in being coy. I assume folks folks here are adults and can handle an adult conversation. If not, you're right, I'll show myself the door.

In the respect of treat everyone with excellence, I'll just say welcome to this forum. Behave yourself and we will all get along.
Absolutely. Probably my biggest irritation with the Interwebs has been the unwillingness of people to act as though they're dealing with another human. Be as civil online as you would to someone's face and the world will work a lot better.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top