JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
:s0097:

šŸ¤

P1000835.JPG P1000834.JPG

Last Edited:
Ok, I don't understand the question. Are you suggesting I need to provide proof of ownership or something?
You came to a gun forum. Introduced yourself as an anti-trump follower, and failed to adhere to rule #2 of the site rules that you agreed to while joining. If you came to discuss guns, let's talk guns. What guns do you own?

You started a political conversation without any mention or effort to tie it to firearms. You started your welcome post making sure everyone in the room knew you were a liberal just to see what happens.
You're quite correct. I want to see if liberals are welcome and this is a place where adults have adult conversations, or whether people here have an orthodoxy that needs adhering to. And looking at the posts on the site (not this one) there is plenty of politics being discussed, not just at the thread level but at the individual comment level. Asserting that this is not a political forum and that bringing up politics is "divisive" doesn't really match the content of the site itself.

We'll see how it goes for a bit more, and if folks are too irritated at my presence I'll show myself out.

You're quite correct. I want to see if liberals are welcome and this is a place where adults have adult conversations, or whether people here have an orthodoxy that needs adhering to. And looking at the posts on the site (not this one) there is plenty of politics being discussed, not just at the thread level but at the individual comment level. Asserting that this is not a political forum and that bringing up politics is "divisive" doesn't really match the content of the site itself.

We'll see how it goes for a bit more, and if folks are too irritated at my presence I'll show myself out.
So you started a thread breaking the site rules for your own personal feelings and benefit? Got it.

You came to a gun forum. Introduced yourself as an anti-trump follower, and failed to adhere to rule #2 of the site rules that you agreed to while joining. If you came to discuss guns, let's talk guns. What guns do you own?
So you think whether or not Trump is elected president won't have a direct impact on RKBA legislation? Still trying to understand how I've violated rule 2.

Yes, the adults here do have adult conversations.

Like why you shouldn't appendix carry a Sig.

The adults in the room don't have to "make sure they're welcome" before they just join in and start having fun.

How does being anti-trump have anything to do with guns?
If Trump isn't elected and Biden is, we will have another 4 years of an anti-gun president. Clearly who's elected has a lot to do with guns, which is why so many gun owners hold their nose and vote for Trump even though they don't like anything else about him.

If Trump isn't elected and Biden is, we will have another 4 years of an anti-gun president. Clearly who's elected has a lot to do with guns, which is why so many gun owners hold their nose and vote for Trump even though they don't like anything else about him.
So how is you being anti-trump relevant?

So you're saying you're going to hold your nose and vote for Trump to help maintain your gun rights...

So how is you being anti-trump relevant?
The reaction others have dictates the tenor of the discussion. In some forums, the reaction is "Oh, ok, good to know, that helps calibrate my understanding of where you're coming from, welcome. The more the merrier." In some forums the reaction is more what I'm seeing here, which is along the lines of "Go away, troll." Folks seem to be having a strong reaction to an introduction that should, at most, be mildly provocative. But now we're at 3 pages, so...not so much.

The reaction others have dictates the tenor of the discussion. In some forums, the reaction is "Oh, ok, good to know, that helps calibrate my understanding of where you're coming from, welcome. The more the merrier." In some forums the reaction is more what I'm seeing here, which is along the lines of "Go away, troll." Folks seem to be having a strong reaction to an introduction that should, at most, be mildly provocative. But now we're at 3 pages, so...not so much.
So you didn't read the rules?

If someone joined a vegan forum and posted an introduction about how they hated democrats, and how they voted for Trump, then replied eagerly to each comment, how do you think their intentions would be construed?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top