JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Any interest in a conversation about firearms? :s0084:
I think he interested in making a show that he is "anti-trump" and wants to sit back and watch the responses he stirs up.

Personally I could care less who he votes for. It has no bearing or meaning to me. People trolling annoys me however. Especially on their introductory post.

Any interest in a conversation about firearms? :s0084:
Sure, I'll get there. But this is the "new user introduction" section, so I'm introducing. Provocatively, I realize, but hey, that's sorta me in a nutshell: provocative. Not in a rude way, but I'm the last person on the planet who's going to introduce themselves with "Hi, I'm John, from Seattle, been shooting for a long time, here's my list of stuff I own/do/aspire to."

Different strokes, no?

I don't care what your political leanings are, as long as you vote pro-2A and communicate with your favored representatives that they should be pro-2A. If, so, welcome.

I think he interested in making a show that he is "anti-trump" and wants to sit back and watch the responses he stirs up.

Personally I could care less who he votes for. It has no bearing or meaning to me. People trolling annoys me however. Especially on their introductory post.
I'm genuinely not trolling, I have a real interest in understanding whether this is a place I can have reasonable conversations without getting attacked all the time. My views are, as noted above, more liberal than your standard issue gun owner. At the same time, I'm fully RKBA, and feel a need to talk to other RKBA types about how we might find common ground with the lefties who want to build utopia out of our bones. I also think that groupthink is a hugely damaging thing, and you should always be looking for people who disagree with you to talk to. Echo chambers are bad. Is this one? I'm trying to find out.

To the Op
There is a location on this board called "The Den" which you will eventually have access to if your on the board long enough. That is where the politics are duscussed - the rest of the board is for guns.
The Den is only available to people that donate to the site.

Yeah, but... who cares.

Why choose to be divisive? I mean other than to show how liberal you are...
Well, it's only "divisive" if folks are polarized and feel there are "sides" to which one "belongs." Some forums I've participated in require strict adherence to orthodoxy...any contradicting the groupthink makes you a pariah. Others, and they are rare, welcome contrasting and conflicting views, on the theory that active debate by people who have genuine differences of opinion is what makes all participants stronger.

So I'm just sorta watching to see how many folks say "welcome, we're happy to have someone with different views we can discuss controversial issues with," vs. how many say "why are you even here? You're not one of us...."

I would suggest to the OP to familiarize themselves with the site rules. Number 2 specifically.

I would suggest to the OP to familiarize themselves with the site rules. Number 2 specifically.

In what way does my post invoke politics that aren't RKBA related? My Trump comment is the only direct reference to a politician, there are clearly lots of issues around his election that did/will have RKBA impacts, and many of the posts I'm seeing have comment after comment about Trump and his necessity for continued RKBA support. I'm interested to know more about how I'm out of bounds.

In what way does my post invoke politics that aren't RKBA related? My Trump comment is the only direct reference to a politician, there are clearly lots of issues around his election that did/will have RKBA impacts, and many of the posts I'm seeing have comment after comment about Trump and his necessity for continued RKBA support. I'm interested to know more about how I'm out of bounds.
So.... What guns do you own?

Well, it's only "divisive" if folks are polarized and feel there are "sides" to which one "belongs." Some forums I've participated in require strict adherence to orthodoxy...any contradicting the groupthink makes you a pariah. Others, and they are rare, welcome contrasting and conflicting views, on the theory that active debate by people who have genuine differences of opinion is what makes all participants stronger.

So I'm just sorta watching to see how many folks say "welcome, we're happy to have someone with different views we can discuss controversial issues with," vs. how many say "why are you even here? You're not one of us...."
You created a "side" to which you "belong" with your unnecessary and unprovoked anti-trump rhetoric. Just to see if there were others like you... Gaslight much...

No one gives a sh!t.

Gun forum - "do you like guns?"
You - "yes"
Gun forum - "sweet, let's talk about guns"

Drake.jpg

Easier to list calibers: 9mm (several, mostly Glock), .380, .38/.357mag, .45, .22, .44mag, .223, .300AAC, plus the usual assortment of shotguns.

Good?
No. We get people that come in and post pictures of guns they found on the Internet. Just had one a few weeks ago.

You started a political conversation without any mention or effort to tie it to firearms. You started your welcome post making sure everyone in the room knew you were a liberal just to see what happens.

Plenty of people on the Left claim to support the 2nd Amendment. The problem is that a very large number of them do not believe that it is a right enumerated to the citizens, and is reserved for the State.

Also, there is a crude acronym sometimes heard in triage - AGMI. "Ain't Gonna Make It"

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top