JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hawaii also has a permit to acquire and mandatory registration of all firearms.

So.....as for this case. What if......the person brought in (from the mainland) his firearm and didn't comply with all the Laws of Hawaii? OMG! That is how (possibly) some of the charges were filed.

A permit to acquire a handgun is different from a permit to acquire a rifle (though things may have changed since I moved). The permit is for buying a firearm in Hawaii (say from a store or FFL dealer). Or, to take possession from your FFL in the case of shipping a firearm into Hawaii. Or, if you're transferring a firearm from one HI resident to another HI resident (FTF sale). Of course, in other situations too, where a transfer occurs.

So, you apply for your permit to acquire. Tell the PD your info and provide Dr's info, fingerprints, etc..... Upon approval, you come back to the police station and pick up your permit, Then you go the the FFL and pick up your firearm. Do all the paper work with your FFL. Then, you bring it back to the PD to get it registered in the state. Not mentioning, the long lines at the registration desk and it only happens at the main police station (last I checked).

YES, IMHO.....discouraging firearms ownership* is gun control. But what do you expect? HI loves OBAMA.

Aloha, Mark

PS......*IMHO, including charging a fee. Be it for BGC or permit or for registration, etc...

Last Edited:
Hawaii does in fact allow CCW. But, it's subject to need and approval by the Chief of Police. So, in actuality they are as rear as hen's teeth.
Aloha, Mark

Not that rare, we had 4 done in the last 17 yearso_O
Untitled2.png

Poor guy trying to implement the three S's.

Tries to shoot. misses
Tries to shovel. hardened lava!
Tries to shut up. dang paparazzi!

just can't win

I'm sure I didn't see everything that occurred there but a video of the event is out there and quite honestly I couldn't fathom why the "victim" kept going towards the older gentleman with the gun. If the initial provocation to draw was justified, the continued advancing on the shooter could be interpreted as further aggression. Right or not, guy pulls a gun on someone, the natural/reasonable thing to do is go somewhere else. Not walk towards the person and argue further.

I'm sure I didn't see everything that occurred there but a video of the event is out there and quite honestly I couldn't fathom why the "victim" kept going towards the older gentleman with the gun. If the initial provocation to draw was justified, the continued advancing on the shooter could be interpreted as further aggression. Right or not, guy pulls a gun on someone, the natural/reasonable thing to do is go somewhere else. Not walk towards the person and argue further.

These are people who have a 30 ft lava flow coming toward them and are not leaving.

2018-05-31-lava-proclomation.jpg

That was exactly my thinking. Looks really fishy. Unfortunately, I shoot better than that. I would have dropped him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top