JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If this is as simple as the video portrays it to be.

Power hungry cops, fire them all. There is no reasonable reason to draw a gun on anyone who is not readily able to or indicating an attack on the officer is being made.

This is, "I have a gun, and you have to be afraid of my authority and it and listen to me."

People with this mentality shouldn't have a badge.
Yep.
Reminds me "What are you doing in MY town?!" crap.

A little calm and adult action goes a long way.

I generally feel the same as you about this.

However, how might one feel if one has dealt with these sorts of (insert doing a normal everyday action -- while being a person of color) interactions multiple times in one's life?

Fed up, or at the least, a tad short on patience?

Perhaps.

At times it may be difficult to identify with another's plight when one hasn't lived in another's shoes.

FWIW, Having a firearm pointed in one's direction can be a somewhat unsettling.

I generally feel the same as you about this.

However, how might one feel if one has dealt with these sorts of (insert doing a normal everyday action -- while being a person of color) interactions multiple times in one's life?

Fed up, or at the least, a tad short on patience?

Perhaps.

At times it may be difficult to identify with another's plight when one hasn't lived in another's shoes.

FWIW, Having a firearm pointed in one's direction can be a somewhat unsettling.

Yes, and it sounds like the LEO losing his job may well have been just what was needed. Again the problem I had is the screaming at them in this day and age. If the guy had been "hassled" multiple times, yes that would be a lot of frustration. Still acting like an adult will go a long way. The time and place to complain or fight this stuff is not the side of the road or in this case, the property. Screaming at the Cops like that is seldom going to "fix" anything. Its also why I would love to be able to see the entire incident, not just the part after things got this out of control. In any case it cost the Cop his job. Camera's are everywhere these days. This can be a very good thing. Before cameras something like this would have been written off as nothing.

Anyone that knows me knows that I am probably one of the least racist people out there. But for some reason, the 1988 rap song by NWA "F*** the Police" makes my mind think about things like this. Doesn't excuse it, but I think that there has been an underlying issue here that certainly isn't "new".

Yes, and it sounds like the LEO losing his job may well have been just what was needed. Again the problem I had is the screaming at them in this day and age. If the guy had been "hassled" multiple times, yes that would be a lot of frustration. Still acting like an adult will go a long way. The time and place to complain or fight this stuff is not the side of the road or in this case, the property. Screaming at the Cops like that is seldom going to "fix" anything. Its also why I would love to be able to see the entire incident, not just the part after things got this out of control. In any case it cost the Cop his job. Camera's are everywhere these days. This can be a very good thing. Before cameras something like this would have been written off as nothing.

As I stated above, I agree with you.

I learned a long time ago that there is nothing to be gained in being confrontational(or non-compliant) in interactions with LEOs. Politeness goes a long way. It may not get one out of a citation(or worse), but that's to be figured out in a court of law.

Cops deal with a lot of bubblegumheads in their chosen line of duty, and they have a pretty thankless job most of the time. That stated, they too have a responsibilty to remain mature and conduct themselves professionaly, so that they can retain the public's trust.

Bad cops give good cops a bad name. A primary issue is that LEOs belong to a fraternity -- where they're instructed to always back their own, including the ones that may not have the correct temperment to be LEOs.

As I stated above, I agree with you.

I learned a long time ago that there is nothing to be gained in being confrontational(or non-compliant) in interactions with LEOs. Politeness goes a long way. It may not get one out of a citation(or worse), but that's to be figured out in a court of law.

Cops deal with a lot of bubblegumheads in their chosen line of duty, and they have a pretty thankless job most of the time. That stated, they too have a responsibilty to remain mature and conduct themselves professionaly, so that they can retain the public's trust.

Bad cops give good cops a bad name. A primary issue is that LEOs belong to a fraternity -- where they're instructed to always back their own, including the ones that may not have the correct temperment to be LEOs.

While I agree that there are indeed bad cops out there and this one seems to fit the bill, there are 100 times as many that are good and do their jobs without this type of assumed prejudice.

While I agree that there are indeed bad cops out there and this one seems to fit the bill, there are 100 times as many that are good and do their jobs without this type of assumed prejudice.

General temperment aside, it primarily comes down to training.

Cops are taught that everyone may be a potential threat, and to escalate force at the drop of a pin. The same training that may save their own lives, often puts others' lives in jeopardy.

It's my opinion that cops need better training in the exercising of force escalation. The ROE for our armed forces in a warzone are more strict than it is for police in our country.

Yes, and it sounds like the LEO losing his job may well have been just what was needed

Reminder: he is NOT losing his job. The coward resigned before anything negative could happen.

That makes it even worse.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads