JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Senator Ginny Burdick is:

Anti self defense (anti-gun, you must run away, call police, tell bad guy that you are backing away, ask bad guy to stop, take your lumps, wait for ambulance)

Pro police (U.S. Supreme court said that police do not have to protect you)(average police response time is 6min) (wait for ambulance)(FBI have had to investigate Portland police officer involved shootings / abuse of power)

Pro protection for her (no citizens allowed in the state capitol with a firearm without written permission even though the people own the building)

Anti Constitution (you must pay to exercise your Constitutional Rights)(you must pass a test to exercise your Constitutional Rights)

Pro criminal payday (If you hurt a bad guy when they're doing bad things then you may have to pay the bad guy)

Pro Nazi style gun registration (I thought this type of Fascism only happened in the history books......in other countries)(What's next?......Daily citizen ID checks? Weekly loyalist party parades?)

All of which makes her a perfect Progressive Democrat poster child. We are more likely to see our tofu totin' Prius drivin' Portland Komrads make giant statues of her cast from confiscated guns than we are to see them wake the H E double hockey sticks up and send this loon a packin' elsewhere.

It looks like 25K plus signatures would be needed to get the ball rolling. You might get that if it was approached correctly. I live here, temporarily, but am registered to vote in Medford. If someone wants to captain this effort, I would be happy to help.

Area politics virtually assure that this district will be represented by a Democrat. We need to find someone who better represents all the residents who can beat her in the primary, then give them our support. If her competition is a bigger loon than she is then we are screwed (again).

Area politics virtually assure that this district will be represented by a Democrat. We need to find someone who better represents all the residents who can beat her in the primary, then give them our support. If her competition is a bigger loon than she is then we are screwed (again).

Beating her in the primary is the right approach. As an Oregon resident you can donate up to $100 on behalf of you and your spouse to any candidate and get it back as a state tax credit. I'd suggest those donations go to Burdick's Democratic opponent in the next primary election. You may not be able to vote in her district, but you can send money to defeat her. Frankly, I wouldn't care who ran against her. There's hardly any way they could be worse than Burdick, and Burdick needs to be made an example of what happens to anti-gun loons who get too outrageous.

That's exactly what I plan to do (assuming that the alternative isn't worse). Not just Burdick, but for the whole "dirty dozen". If they win the primary, then my $$$ go to the Republican (probably will anyway)

Great point 3MT. For some reason I thought her district was mostly Tigard, but a quick look at the map shows there's no way a Republican can take that seat. I'll take ZigZag's suggestion and put some money behind any candidate that will be less vocally in favor of civilian disarmament. Even if he/she would vote the same way as Ginny, just to have the energy redirected to other issues would be an improvement.

I think the best grass-roots message to spread that might resonate with her voters is "I wanted a leader, and she runs away from the opposition. She looks tired. Get someone who's willing to fight".

We need to see where she is weak on issues that matter to the people in her district and make them known at the correct time. If she's a loon on one thing, she's likely a loon on another. I'll bet if you dig you will find something interesting that can be leveraged. I don't think she's ever been up against any real opposition (look at how she reacted to an audience that would have had actual opposition), and I think she could be blindsided at the opportune moment. Mostly these elections are pretty quiet and most voters don't have any idea about who they are voting for or against.

These are the same morons who voted in a $35 ARTS tax for anyone 18 years and older. I'm sure they would re elected Sam "I like little boys" Adams if he ran for re election.

Unfortunately Portlanders are too stupid to make a decision on their own.

If we could dig something up that would be a "film at 11" type story for the local media that would be great.

Anything that would appall you or me would only endear her to her base - at a minimum she would be made a victim. The question is what would her voter base object to? Also, it can't be manufactured; It has to be something real.

Shutting these people down! Taking from Rules for Radicles a good approach would be to target each one of these characters and phone call their office on a key day. Have every on on the board call and complain about the nutty ideas of these nut jobs.
An approach like could be targeted when a committe or hearing is in progress thus shutting down their capacity to operate their office. Flooding them with email is much less effective. Anybody else have any ideas???

Anything that would appall you or me would only endear her to her base - at a minimum she would be made a victim. The question is what would her voter base object to? Also, it can't be manufactured; It has to be something real.
Nothing in her voting record the libs wouldn't like. Your going to have to get film of her eating red meat or something.Senator Ginny Burdick - Voting Records - Project Vote Smart

She's been in there (senate) for 20 years now. What is needed is a well-financed opponent to really get some media time and advertising to open up some discussion and show what a moron she is. She can't stand on her record. Otherwise the sheep will just keep checking the incumbent box.

I thought the figure would be closer to 8400 signatures, but would have to be for residents of her district only. My understanding of Oregon's recall procedure is that it requires 15% of the people that voted from her congressional district in the last gubernatorial election. Given that the districts were just restructured last spring to have an average population of 140k people and that Oregon traditionally has a 40% voter turn out, it would only require 8400 votes. These numbers are rough however and would very upon her districts actual voter statistics. If the signatures are acquired, she has the choice of either resigning or making a statement and a special election taking place to forcibly remove her from office.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top