JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What is odd and fishy about this lady's delay is that the OSP won't have an answer until March 4th and she already has a CHL so there should not be anything wrong. Yes she put her SSN on the 4473.
Just one example.
My dad has his CHL, Never been in trouble, went to buy a gun last year and was put on hold for one month....waited said time, got new gun and lived happily ever after.

FWIW, things can change after someone gets there CHL too, not necessarily to person trying to buy gun but another similar name or goofed up SSN or someone maybe filed a fraud aleart....etc.

That is what the background check does. Good bad or indifferent.

I have a close family member that is a gun dealer,, I see this all the time.

I have an update on the lady with a CHL and a possible month long purchase delay. The OSP called her back yesterday. They're trying to verify information about a misdemeanor citation 17 years ago. She needs to prove it was only a misdemeanor and prove that it was all taken care of.

Is she considered a prohibited person until proven innocent?

I have an update on the lady with a CHL and a possible month long purchase delay. The OSP called her back yesterday. They're trying to verify information about a misdemeanor citation 17 years ago. She needs to prove it was only a misdemeanor and prove that it was all taken care of.

Is she considered a prohibited person until proven innocent?
Good question, one which will probably need an attorney to answer. It does make one wonder how she was approved for her CHL if she cannot buy a firearm.

A CHL requires that she Not have been convicted of a misdemeanor, or found guilty of a misdemeanor within four years prior to application, except under ORS 161.295.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews