JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am from Tualatin and I have 3 weapons that I'm trying to sell per a legal agreement. I'm trying this avenue out before I go to a pawn shop. Hope to give one of these a good home. Cheers.
Welcome! But is there a reason you are practically giving them away? Just saying... it might be less hassle and might even get a little more for them over your asking prices from a pawn shop.

I'm not insinuating anything, but being a new member with no history and the prices you're offering some people "might" question their origins. There's absolutely nothing wrong with just trying to dump them as quickly as possible, but just to be aware of the possible perception from some of us old skeptics... "if it seems too good to be true... yada yada". 🤣

Last Edited:
Great questions. These prices are more than what the first pawn shop I visited offered. I'm pricing them to move. I have a limited amount of time to produce a bill of sale for proof.

1692554352892.png

Aloha, Mark

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODF supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

THOSE guns were money down the drain at the initial purchase. Drawing from that a generality toward all guns is best defined as a quantum leap of logic.

But then again, I sure appreciate the number of people who think that way. :cool:
I dunno about that. "Generally" speaking.... the vast majority of firearms are ill suited for any investment purposes. Only in rare instances will they appreciate in value at a rate that will exceed cost of living increases.

That's not a quantum leap of logic... but factual. It's interesting to read that so many seem to consider it "breaking even" if they sell a firearm for what they originally paid for it. Sure... buying a $500 gun and getting $500 back out of it 3 or 5 years down the road is pretty decent. They retain value very well, but many don't seem to consider that the buying power of that $500 has declined over the few years that they've owned it.

Factually... selling it for what you paid for it... you're losing money.

Buying rare collectibles are a different story, but the initial cash outlay is pretty steep and that class of firearm isn't what your average person is purchasing... or even likely to be able to afford.

To me... the quantum leap of logic is that the general rule of thumb is invalid simply because some exceptions do exist.

Just sayin....

I dunno about that. "Generally" speaking.... the vast majority of firearms are ill suited for any investment purposes. Only in rare instances will they appreciate in value at a rate that will exceed cost of living increases.

That's not a quantum leap of logic... but factual. It's interesting to read that so many seem to consider it "breaking even" if they sell a firearm for what they originally paid for it. Sure... buying a $500 gun and getting $500 back out of it 3 or 5 years down the road is pretty decent. They retain value very well, but many don't seem to consider that the buying power of that $500 has declined over the few years that they've owned it.

Buying rare collectibles are a different story, but the initial cash outlay is pretty steep and that class of firearm isn't what your average person is purchasing... or even likely to be able to afford.

To me... the quantum leap of logic is that the general rule of thumb is invalid simply because some exceptions do exist.

Just sayin....
To discourage you from that train of thought would be self-defeating.

To discourage you from that train of thought would be self-defeating.
Now you're talking! I was beginning to worry a little bit about you. :p

You don't want to do this. The deer is all stinky and the meat is yucky. (At least that's what I always tell everybody. Keeps the woods less crowded.) :s0140:
Whatever the endeavor, it's all about eliminating the competition. :D

C'mon man. Compared to the bath my investment portfolio has taken under Bidenomics, selling those investments for what they were worth three years ago would be a major coup. :s0166: Don't I wish. :(

I fully agree. Economic principles are based on facts and don't change by wishful thinking or alternate reality interpretations. :s0155:
My respect for your point of view (admittedly with some self-interest expressed) is returned with assignment of fantasy and reality departure toward mine.

Our experiences are different. I'm not dreaming and you're not ignorant.

Thanks everyone. I've fulfilled my objective and now it's time to crawl back into my hole and not have to be reminded why I don't go outside anymore.

Yikes I sure got a kick out of the conversations here but yeah idk too many things that have spooked me to volunteer anymore information here. Thanks for the warm welcome.

I am really bad with community so this was great and I really wish y'all good luck.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top