JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I agree with the sentiment that 2A/gun stuff should not be a political issue. But reality dictates that it is. If you lean Dem/Liberal (not small "l" liberal, like a libertarian or classical liberal, most of whom would never be caught dead voting for a "D") you have to make peace with the fact that most everyone you will vote for is actively campaigning for the destruction of what people on this forum not only enjoy but often feel is an integral part of a strong and healthy citizenry. That is bound to turn some heads no matter how you try to frame it.

Yes, we have "D" aligned members, and they are welcome and respected, but even more than that they are encouraged to go make waves in their own party. If you want to bring us together that is on you, because if I am going to try and convince someone to alter their politics I am aiming for the whole enchilada, not just "gun rights, but for the other side." Quite frankly I do not believe that you can convince that party (as a whole) to accept that kind of healthy and permissive freedom, so I do not even try. If you feel otherwise knock yourself out, and we will be here to help provide facts and resources when appropriate.

But don't get your feelings hurt when people here react badly to the next terrible law that comes from some candidate you voted for. Don't expect any sympathy when you start whining about new laws going into effect and you need to figure out what new hell is all legal. They are your candidates, you should know better than anyone else what they are up to, and that voting for them was voting for the destruction of this hobby and way of life.

If you cannot handle that reality then this is probably not the place for you. If you can, and are willing to make a good faith effort to uphold the tenets of this community despite what your preferred candidates are trying to do to us, well then maybe we can find some useful common ground.

I'm not only a liberal gun owner in that I have what some would call a liberal amount, I celebrate gun diversity with Glocks, 1911's, plastic guns, all metal guns , guns that are half wood and half metal, guns that are half plastic and half metal. Big ones, little ones, single barrels, double barrels, Semi autos, revolvers, single shots, old ones, new ones and on and on. And I voted for Trump and will again.

Portland is a cesspool.
I never said it wasn't a crime ridden city with a terrible homelessness, drug, and trafficking problem. Portland needs serious intervention that you and I both know it won't get.

What I'm highlighting is the lack of some self awareness that I see, which is completely understandable. When you only surround yourself with like-minded individuals, you tend to forget to take a step back and look at how you are perceived. I'm guilty of it sometimes too, we all are.

I never said it wasn't a crime ridden city with a terrible homelessness, drug, and trafficking problem. Portland needs serious intervention that you and I both know it won't get.

What I'm highlighting is the lack of some self awareness that I see, which is completely understandable. When you only surround yourself with like-minded individuals, you tend to forget to take a step back and look at how you are perceived. I'm guilty of it sometimes too, we all are.
I'm not sure what your point is. I spent over ten years in that cesspool. My legislator was Kotex. She was vehemently anti-gun, and still is.

Ahh. Came in like a true liberal.

"Listen I'm a liberal but I didn't lose my mind"

"I'll cut off my hand before I vote for trump"

Good luck!

The majority of my friends are liberals, im far from putting myself in a filter bubble even participating in this gun forum.

What is the lack of self awareness than many conservative gun owners dont see?

Not unlike Seattle. Cities run be liberals who are more concerned with their own ant-american agendas than addressing the social and mental downfall of the places they make decisions for.

What I'm highlighting is the lack of some self awareness that I see
#liberals

The majority of my friends are liberals, im far from putting myself in a filter bubble even participating in this gun forum.

What is the lack of self awareness than many conservative gun owners dont see?
Well….Portland does have record crime and murders almost daily. And Joe's cognitive abilities are now being questioned by his own people more than ever. Sounds more like facts than an echo chamber to me.

Pesky facts always getting in the way.

These are immediately after my post saying this is an echo chamber of "Portland bad" and "Biden bad". Some people just can't help themselves.

I suspect that this is the first introduction thread to surpass the reply count of the "new young woman" introductions.
Two things get us going.

A new chick entering the forum, and a liberal making his presence over-exposed LOL.

Nobody's gonna care how you voted if you didn't shout it from the rooftops. But since you did, you're gonna get bashed. You're on a firearms forum bud. You're openly testifying that you vote with the enemy.

I just don't understand why the left is so loud. I guess that's why they call us folks the silent majority. To each is own, go ahead and keep on with your rant. "We're here. We're Kweer. Get used to it!"

I'm not only a liberal gun owner in that I have what some would call a liberal amount, I celebrate gun diversity with Glocks, 1911's, plastic guns, all metal guns , guns that are half wood and half metal, guns that are half plastic and half metal. Big ones, little ones, single barrels, double barrels, Semi autos, revolvers, single shots, old ones, new ones and on and on. And I voted for Trump and will again.
Do you have any that want to 'transition" from plastic to metal or metal to plastic or single barrel to double barrel ..... ? Well you get the theme . :)

Ok, time to get this thread back on track...

20240212_170745.jpg

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, so I might be repeating someone.

Years ago, my experience and attitude of liberal versus conservative was very different. We all seemed to know that we're all in the same boat, and discussed our differences amicably. But that has changed.

The liberal mindset nowadays is so foreign to me, I truly don't understand what has happened.

Liberals support killing unborn kids, and using their body parts in commerce and research. It's appalling and ghoulish - and nearly impossible to talk about. I've tried.

Drag Queen story hour for toddlers? Liberals.

Transgender treatments for kids? Liberals.

Open borders, allowing millions of strangers into our shared home, without knowing much about them? Liberals.

Gun-free zones? Liberals.

I think the liberal mindset is that of a death cult. Maybe you are the exception. Maybe not.

The very odd and intense hatred for President Trump is puzzling to me. Maybe the liberals are simply trusting whatever CNN tells them? I don't know, but it is strange.

I used to say "I don't care about your political views" - but now, the liberal mindset is threatening the well-being of my family, my country, and the future of life on Earth.

I think you guys are nutty as a fruitcake.

Stick around if you want to - I'll just put you in the Penalty Box with Monkey if you get too weird.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads