JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Plenty of people met their maker at the end of an 8" barrel and a .44 round ball going 800fps..... Surely a .410 can do the same... as a weapon against humans.

I am sure its lethal, but its weak compared to modern weapons.

Like I said, fine bird and squirrel gun with a proper stock, and maybe could be pressed into defense with a pocket full of slugs. But 5 rounds of slow loading weak ammo makes a piss poor weapon, and hacking the stock off this thing makes it only a weapon or toy.

I am sure its lethal, but its weak compared to modern weapons.

Like I said, fine bird and squirrel gun with a proper stock, and maybe could be pressed into defense with a pocket full of slugs. But 5 rounds of slow loading weak ammo makes a piss poor weapon, and hacking the stock off this thing makes it only a weapon or toy.

Ok dude. You are making yourself look worse here, not better. No problem not liking the .410. Same as I dislike .22lr. But stating that this offering is a "toy", hell even implying it is absolute nonsense.

I don't disagree. But for some people a .410 is all they can handle. Saying it's silly to call it a "weapon" is...well.....silly.

If they can handle a pistol gripped sawed off .410 that requires racking a lever shooting slugs, they can handle a more useful ergonomic powerful gun. My 12.5" AR probably has less felt recoil and 30 rds on tap.

Heck I would argue for an older person a 10/22 with red dot and 25 round mag would be better.

Or even just this gun, but WITH A STOCK. LOL

Ok dude. You are making yourself look worse here, not better. No problem not liking the .410. Same as I dislike .22lr. But stating that this offering is a "toy", hell even implying it is absolute nonsense.

ITS A TOY.

I will say, i am impressed someone figured out a way to make a more useless, more expensive, more retarded version of the shockwave!

ITS A TOY.

I will say, i am impressed someone figured out a way to make a more useless, more expensive, more retarded version of the shockwave!
My shockwave is quite functional. Would be a great home defense gun. Unless getting hit by a .73 cal going over mach 1 sounds deficient.

I actually really like my Henrys and I own a few. 4 or 5 currently. If it gets to a reasonable street price, I would buy one.

My shockwave is quite functional. Would be a great home defense gun. Unless getting hit by a .73 cal going over mach 1 sounds deficient.

I actually really like my Henrys and I own a few. 4 or 5 currently. If it gets to a reasonable street price, I would buy one.

A 12 ga shotgun will for drop someone, as long as you can hit them without a good way to aim, and don't miss with the few shots you have.

Go take a class or a competition with that thing sometime.

A 12 ga shotgun will for drop someone, as long as you can hit them without a good way to aim, and don't miss with the few shots you have.

Go take a class or a competition with that thing sometime.
I have a laser sight and mine holds 10 mini shells. I can hit minute of bad guy generally at 25 and 50 yards. There ain't no distances in my house approaching that. The lack of stock makes it easy to maneuver my hallways actually. With the crimson trace on there...

And I have other silly archaic weapons including a spear in the pantry.

I have a laser sight and mine holds 10 mini shells. I can hit minute of bad guy generally at 25 and 50 yards. There ain't no distances in my house approaching that. The lack of stock makes it easy to maneuver my hallways actually. With the crimson trace on there...

Wait, what? You have an honest to goodness, as in, Shaka Zulu, stab a pig to death, spear in your PANTRY? that's WAYYYYY more intimidating. Just imagine getting chased around a house with one of those

Got to say this new little gun does look like it would be fun to play with.

Sure wish we saw more of this attitude in the gun world....
I for one get tired of all the guns need a purpose or , again for me , way too much focus on Tactical Guns and defense firearms.
Not that there ain't a place for those and for those that like 'em I say enjoy...but...
As for me...I did all that type of shooting and more while in the Army...I just like to have fun with my shooting.

While I don't have a use for this Henry...its a neat idea...Now back to saving my pennies for the Henry Single Shot Rifle in .30-30...:D
Andy
Edit to add :
"Cause I am tired of being called a "Fudd"...
In regards to gun ownership...If you can like it and can afford it...then you should be able to own it.
The 2nd Amendment states ( In part...)
The Right to keep and bear Arms....
It does not say : The Right to keep and bear Arms of these types , or for these purposes...
Or
The Right to keep and bear Arms , except for Arms of these ....

Henry Repeating Arms has a unique marketing 'strategy' and they have managed to appeal to an odd 'demographic' of gun owners.

A large part of their owner base is retired, late emergents into gun ownership or returning to it after a long hiatus. They are largely in part affluent urbanites who are 'quasi' conservative or moderate dems and probably lean toward mostly liberal ideals.

They are capitalizing on this by offering a lot of odd designs, highly computer engraved and bizarrely colored 'tribute' guns that appeal to this particular group of owners.

Quite frankly many of these Henry 'owners' don't know the 2A from the 4F when it comes to 'politics' and do not seem care one way or another about gun laws or legislation. This is evident by the 100% zero political discussion allowed on the Henry forum. If a member posts something even remotely political the mods (and some members) will jump to conclusions and denounce it immediately. For example a member posted a pic of an AR lower with the Trump sillouhette stamped on it and he was warned about it immediatly

Many of the extreme Henry owners display a 'childlike' infatuation with them and a religious-like worship for the company and it's owner.
This is evident by the way they gloat over what Henry produces and the .410 is big part of this. There is so much positive discussion about the .410 (on the Henry forum) HRA no doubt responded to it by offering this. Henry even has a smoothbore version of their lever action .22 and calls it a 'garden gun' with the emphasis of shooting .22 shot shells!

The bottom line is while guns are certainly not 'toys' a lot of what Henry produces displays 'toylike' appearances with similar marketing and advertising, and this is what appeals to a large segment of Henry owners.

Sure wish we saw more of this attitude in the gun world....
I for one get tired of all the guns need a purpose or , again for me , way too much focus on Tactical Guns and defense firearms.
Not that there ain't a place for those and for those that like 'em I say enjoy...but...
As for me...I did all that type of shooting and more while in the Army...I just like to have fun with my shooting.

While I don't have a use for this Henry...its a neat idea...Now back to saving my pennies for the Henry Single Shot Rifle in .30-30...:D
Andy
Edit to add :
"Cause I am tired of being called a "Fudd"...
In regards to gun ownership...If you can like it and can afford it...then you should be able to own it.
The 2nd Amendment states ( In part...)
The Right to keep and bear Arms....
It does not say : The Right to keep and bear Arms of these types , or for these purposes...
Or
The Right to keep and bear Arms , except for Arms of these ....

Fun guns are fine by me Andy. And this gun does look fun. Just hate seeing people set themselves up for failure picking toy guns for defense.

I doubt anyone would and as far as the .410 as weapon all you have to do is look at what Taurus was able to do with the wheel guns they made to take this.
Got to say this new little gun does look like it would be fun to play with.

Yes we all remember the very scientific water melon ballistic tests of 2012.

The judge is a steaming pile of crap.

Fun guns are fine by me Andy. And this gun does look fun. Just hate seeing people set themselves up for failure picking toy guns for defense.

In regards to guns and cartridges for defense...

It it important to remember that defense is not a one size fits all situation...
What may indeed be a failure for one person in one set of circumstances ...May be just the ticket for another person.
Self Defense is and should be very personal....as No one really knows the needs or wants of another.
To outright dismiss a firearm and cartridge...Limits oneself...Limits may get you killed.

Are there firearms and cartridges that I think work better than others...Yep
But I would also bet that my choices would be agreed with as well as argued against , by many others.
Andy

:eek:

All gun owners I have discussed home defense with, seem to have the same fantasy, where the bad guy is a cardboard silhouette standing in the middle of the hallway not shooting back. And they level the gun at him, say a catchy one liner, and blow him away.

It ain't like that. You need to be practiced at shooting fast, from behind cover, in unconventional/uncomfortable positions.

I don't know of a single serious trainer who would pick or suggest a stockless shotgun for defending themselves.

Good thing you have the spear as backup!
:eek:

Same statement for lasers. They are not as effective in a fast dynamic encounter as people think.

Great for shooting paper though!

In regards to guns and cartridges for defense...

It it important to remember that defense is not a one size fits all situation...
What may indeed be a failure for one person in one set of circumstances ...May be just the ticket for another person.
Self Defense is and should be very personal....as No one really knows the needs or wants of another.
To outright dismiss a firearm and cartridge...Limits oneself...Limits may get you killed.

Are there firearms and cartridges that I think work better than others...Yep
But I would also bet that my choices would be agreed with as well as argued against , by many others.
Andy

I am comfortable dismissing both in this case, and asserting that anyone who seriously selects this to defend themselves with if they have other better options is a moron.

I am glad that you have a opinion that works for you...
But what works for you may not work for others was the point of my post.
Andy

Why though? Show me the person whose only viable option is a stockless. 410?

Like what? Unless they have some mental or legal reason. I can't imagine the physical condition that would make this POS the right choice.....

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top