JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why though? Show me the person whose only viable option is a stockless. 410?

Like what? Unless they have some mental or legal reason. I can't imagine the physical condition that would make this POS the right choice.....
Maybe a newer convert to gun ownership and this "catches their eye". I'll take more gun owners regardless of what "toy" they see fit to exercise their Rights with. Then again, I spend very little time worrying about what "others" do...so there's that.

Wait, what? You have an honest to goodness, as in, Shaka Zulu, stab a pig to death, spear in your PANTRY? that's WAYYYYY more intimidating. Just imagine getting chased around a house with one of those
Yeah, I give a sharp poke to raccoons who won't leave my dogs alone through the fence. Not enough to pierce hide, but enough to encourage vacating the premises. I also have a dual bladed throwing axe stashed in the hall upstairs.

Tavo Lean, And while I don't want to go into my self defense history, it is very extensive for a civilian. Not classes, but honest to goodness fight for your life. I feel comfortable with a shockwave amongst other guns. But I know why in a house with twisted strangely narrow hallways. I might pick a short, short range weapon. I also know in what situations I would prefer what. A hammer is not the be all, and all tool, nor is a screwdriver. Without knowing my ground, so to speak, you can't know the ideal tools and tactics to defend it.

Ever lived through one of those fast, dynamic situations? I have.

I can't imagine a 'stockless' lever action gun being easy to cycle.

With a typical full size lever gun there is the weight and balance to 'even out' the action of 'working' the lever but with this all you have is to hang onto it with one hand.

This may not be the case at all but by looking at it it seems like it might be.

I can't imagine a 'stockless' lever action gun being easy to cycle.

With a typical full size lever gun there is the weight and balance to 'even out' the action of 'working' the lever but with this all you have is to hang onto it with one hand.

This may not be the case at all but by looking at it it seems like it might be.
My Rossi Ranch Hand in .44 Mag was easy to cycle.

Seriously, who flipping cares? I have no use for a Smart Car, so I don't go to its website, or its dealers, or its owners forums (I'm assuming they exist). I don't stop people in the parking lot when I see them driving one to preach to them why it isn't a good decision for me. To paraphrase Roger Miller, I would rather roller skate in a buffalo herd than drive one, so I stay away from them. But I'm not presumptuous enough to say that what doesn't make sense for me doesn't make sense for someone else. Not every gun is bought to go to war with, just like very vehicle isn't bought to race in Baja or the Indy 500. Let people buy what they want to buy and have their peace. Cheese and rice....

Henry Repeating Arms has a unique marketing 'strategy' and they have managed to appeal to an odd 'demographic' of gun owners.

I like Henrys and am a lifelong conservative who has been shooting since age 3. I like lever guns and single shots. I own a machine gun. I don't fit your description of Henry owners at all.

I don't fit your description of Henry owners at all.
I am sure you don't and not all do.
Neither do I (fit the description) and I am a Henry owner as well.

This is why in my post I said a 'demographic' of gun owners - meaning a segment or sector of gun owners - not all.

Last Edited:
I am sure you don't and not all do.
Neither do I (fit the description) and I am a Henry owner as well.

This is why in my post I said a 'demographic' of gun owners - meaning a segment or sector of gun owners - not all.
Yeah, but I own a few. It's tricky to generalize. I like most firearms styles from bp to modern, but I would rather shoot a lever than most. Being a lefty shooter makes levers easier than bolts in my experience. My Henrys run smoother than my Marlin. However the big news from this I saw was side loading port. I wish my 357 or 45 had that

And they level the gun at him, say a catchy one liner, and blow him away.

We should compile a list of cheesy movie one-liners for reference.

"Hey, you wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of achers!"
"Donuts don't wear alligator shoes."
"You're a disease… And I'm the cure."
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick azz… And I'm all out of bubblegum."

However the big news from this I saw was side loading port. I wish my 357 or 45 had that
Like I have said before (here and elsewhere) a tube feed is somewhat advantageous with PISTOL rounds - however I would NEVER own a rifle caliber model with a tube feed.

I was surprised Henry introduced rifle caliber side loaders before pistol but this is probably due to the high amount of dissatisfaction with the rifle caliber tube models over the PC models.

I keep expecting to hear about a PC side loader coming out but nothing yet.

We should compile a list of cheesy movie one-liners for reference.

"Hey, you wanna be a farmer? Here's a couple of achers!"
"Donuts don't wear alligator shoes."
"You're a disease… And I'm the cure."
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick azz… And I'm all out of bubblegum."
Get off my plane!

Now THIS could be a nice addition to the backpack, bedside or bug-out kit!
side-gate, 5 round, and nice to look at too

View attachment 642632

Pretty as a picture... for some reason I'm getting a vision of Steve McQueen!

.410 is a very weak round. Even the. 410 slugs are aenimic.

It is a fine bird gun catridge, but a pretty silly to try and make it a "weapon"
I don't disagree. But for some people a .410 is all they can handle. Saying it's silly to call it a "weapon" is...well.....silly.
Like I said, fine bird and squirrel gun
Heck I would argue for an older person a 10/22 with red dot and 25 round mag would be better.

I CHOSE a .410 Circuit Judge "shotty" for my wife to defend her position in our back office. It has an 18.5" barrel, takes 3" .410 shells, and has a revolving cylinder with 5 shots. She can no longer rack a slide (on a handgun) and the weapon has no controls to defeat her efforts, and can get off shots faster than a pump gun. The office opens around a corner into the living room area so the distance is perfect for Winchester .410 PDX1 defense loads (I don't think you want to get shot with one)

DX1%20410%20Defender%202%205%20Factory%20Photo%203.png

As for the .410 being a great bird and squirrel gun, I would say only a squirrel gun. Not enough shot to be effective for birds unless one is hunting parakeets. Not even a good rabbit gun since they move so fast... I much prefer a 12ga for wabbit.

Last Edited:
10/22 with a Red Dot... in the home?

Sweet Lord there is so much wrong with that idea!!! A 22lr will go right thru layers of drywall. Gonna keep a round in the chamber? What about an older person remembering to take the safety off? If no round in the chamber, the action has to be racked, a tough job in the dark for old arthritic hands!

A Red Dot inside, in an emergency? Better have a light mounted or you're still not seeing the target! And an old person remembering to turn it on... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Old people are easily flustered.

This is not a realistic option.

Like I have said before (here and elsewhere) a tube feed is somewhat advantageous with PISTOL rounds - however I would NEVER own a rifle caliber model with a tube feed.

I was surprised Henry introduced rifle caliber side loaders before pistol but this is probably due to the high amount of dissatisfaction with the rifle caliber tube models over the PC models.

I keep expecting to hear about a PC side loader coming out but nothing yet.
If they do, I will be buying some

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top